Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest dbluegemco

Hi, Does anyone know how to use OMNIA2 as a MODEM for Laptop/Desktop? I can't make it work in PC Studio under Toolbox > Internet Connector because the Icon is grayed out.

Hope someone knows.

Thanks.

Guest frankcilo
I tried version 2.3.3 Build 741 which is the only "open" version I could find and I prefer MagiCall. If MagiCall can bring in sms filtering then that wins hands down.

Put it this way I installed and configured call sms blocker and tried calling from my gf's phone and it didn't hide the call. I tried to sms from my gf's phone and it didn't hide the sms. I put a password on it also but it is easy to get into the logs and there is no app to run the program that I could find you have to add it back to the today screen to get into it.

When I installed magicall and tried calling from my gf's phone it hid the call and no noticeable effect on my phone. Password protection works and cannot be bypassed unless uninstall the app. You can delete the icon for it and access it via resco file explorer easily enough. Which I think for the casual person who happens to pick my phone up when i leave it around the house or wherever is definitely good enough. This has many more features than sms call blocker and is much more intuitive to use. I like the ability with the actions - ie action 1 mute the call, action 2 launch app TCPMP with parameter pointing to wav file (small beep). So I here a sound like a hardware key has been pressed by accident and then I know I have a hidden call I've missed and can check it when free.

By the way MagiCall DOES filter on incoming sms messages - it just doesn't have the option to HIDE or encrypt the message. But you can Read and Move the message to another sub folder and I am currently looking at registry settings to HIDE that folder from the view in folder list - if I can find that then no need to use easy helper below.

For sms I am using the Easyhelper SMS security in conjunction with MagiCall - unfortunately there is no "open" version I can find so only 15 day trial unless I buy it but I am waiting for MagiCall 3 to bring out the SMS security side of things.

Aside from the cloak and dagger side of it MagiCall can be used for any purpose and it is simple to enable or disable a rule - open the app - check the rule you want and bam it's on or off.

I never had problems with call sms blocker, all has worked properly, perhaps a little complicated to set up .... why do not you lock up anything?

Guest tacchan23
Hey guys! This is my first Windows Mobile phone and I was wondering when it is needed to flash your phone with a ROM.. Could somebody explain this to me?

I think it's never really needed to flash a new ROM.

It's just that usually new official ROMs may have some improvment so people are willingly to try them. Maybe the real "need" is if you have a WM 6.1 rom and you want to upgrade to wm 6.5.

A diffrent matter may be the custom/cooked ROMs, when they will become available. In this case upgrading is for the sake of having the newer WM 6.5.1 and/or removing a lot of useless Samsung applications and so having a more "light" phone.

I think it's never really needed to flash a new ROM.

It's just that usually new official ROMs may have some improvment so people are willingly to try them. Maybe the real "need" is if you have a WM 6.1 rom and you want to upgrade to wm 6.5.

A diffrent matter may be the custom/cooked ROMs, when they will become available. In this case upgrading is for the sake of having the newer WM 6.5.1 and/or removing a lot of useless Samsung applications and so having a more "light" phone.

Hey thanx for the reply n_n.

My next question is: I have windows mobile 6.5 but what if I do want to remove the useless Samsung applications without having to actually flash my rom? Is that possible.

Flasing the rom of my phone is a bit scary to me (no experience) I am from the netherlands and I am affraid my provider wont be recognized anymore afterwards and stuff like that.

Guest tacchan23
My next question is: I have windows mobile 6.5 but what if I do want to remove the useless Samsung applications without having to actually flash my rom? Is that possible.

Not possible.

Guest tacchan23

- Phone/Contacts/Dialer/CallerID (brief comparison of the main features of each application)

Phone Extension v2: my favourite application in this category, overall the best layout/graphics with good skins already available for download and also very easy to edit skins to your taste (even for noob like me); all the modules can be selected/activated separately, so it can mix its features well with other applications (such as S2U2 or Resco Contacts Manager or Inesoft)

.Call History, Favourites, Contacts, DialPad: the best layout and graphics in my opinion

.CallerID: nice 2-way slide; good functionality with many options and skin on par with Inesoft and S2U2

.Phone: good, extra feature for opening Notes application.

Inesoft Phone v5.07: all the modules can be selected/activated separately, so it can mix its features well with other applications (such as S2U2 or Resco Contacts Manager); many extra features even if not really on par with other dedicated applications; quite good overall, but best suited for people who likes to have all the extra feature (even if not so good) inside one application.

.Call History, Favourites, Contacts, DialPad: the layout and graphics are not on par with the other applications in this category.

.CallerID: nice 3-way slide; good functionality with many options and skin on par with other apps; the only downside is it doesn’t have an option to set a custom background (which is available on Phone Extension)

.Phone: good

.Profiler: the brightness option doesn’t work correctly (at least on Omnia2); quite slow in changing the volume icon on the taskbar; it’s overall more limited than G-Profile, the only plus being it allows to set also sound+vibration profiles.

.Vibro On Disconnect: good, other applications only have the Vibro on Connect option.

.Reminders: good, even if there are some settings limitation if compared to ReRemind or MySentinel dedicated applications.

.CallFilter: not really on par with a good Filter such as MagiCall (no whitelist, no rules, few actions available).

Resco Contact Manager 2.02: good if used along with another CallerID app (for example the freeware S2U2); may be worth for people who don't care for a black theme and who wants a smaller DialPad to display more contacts/calls

.Call History, Favourites, Contacts: good but no skins available to make it look as nice as Phone Extension and also I couldn't manage to edit the existing skin

.CallerID: it shows a short initial overlapping with the WinMo default caller message; also quite lacking graphically and not skinnable as above

.Phone: "bad" as it uses the standard WinMo during a call.DialPad: maybe the best, not as big as other applications so it allows to actually have 5 contacts above it instead of 1 (as in all other applications)

.SMS inbox: good just for threaded SMS inbox, it still uses the standard WM or Samsung app to send/write SMS

.Profiler: quite useless, as it's usable only from Today plugin; also just Sounds profile available

iContacts + iDealer (freewares): no CallerID feature, not so bad black skin, but in the end not much different from the Samsung phone application... may be worth to give it a try just to see if you like it more and couse it's freeware.

S2U2 2.14 (freeware): the best lock screen application in my opinion has a very good CallerID feature too.

.CallerID: the best one for the graphics, at least for my taste, but it has some limitations (about picture of contacts and no extra buttons)

Guest tacchan23
Tacchan, i have a question? How can i disable the new sms pop-up showing up the content of my new-sms?

what's that?°_°

it comes in one of the newer roms?

Guest tacchan23
I have now the IK2 on my Omnia 2.

But the E-Mail Samsung-Style is away.

Only the WM 6.5 E-Mail-Style is available.

Is it right?

Did you have a WM6.1 rom before?

I think the "E-Mail Samsung-Style" was removed with every WM6.5 rom

Guest tacchan23
6b019b09-78ac-4bb6-a621-b776d2b16b7.jpg

Here, i would like to prevent this popup showing my new sms

You just need to change your notifications settings:

Samsung Settings - Sound Settings - Notification Sound - New text message - Display message on screen

Guest vodanhdaisu

Thank friend, it's done :)

You just need to change your notifications settings:

Samsung Settings - Sound Settings - Notification Sound - New text message - Display message on screen

i downloaded the lastet secany rom

i used UK english EU rom

but no matter what settings i select from the time region code i can't get it to work with AM PM it only show 24h format

Guest vodanhdaisu

tacchan, do u notice that that whenever i check the time, the time line at titanium takes about 10 seconds to change time from last into the current time? For example: my current time is 1:17pm, after 20 mins, i check time, it's still 1:17, and it takes about 10 seconds to change number into 1:37 :)

And sometimes i was late becoz of this annoying :D

How to solve this problems ?

Guest tacchan23
tacchan, do u notice that that whenever i check the time, the time line at titanium takes about 10 seconds to change time from last into the current time? For example: my current time is 1:17pm, after 20 mins, i check time, it's still 1:17, and it takes about 10 seconds to change number into 1:37 :)

And sometimes i was late becoz of this annoying :D

How to solve this problems ?

Never even tried Titanium, sorry

Guest Devil1978
Did you have a WM6.1 rom before?

I think the "E-Mail Samsung-Style" was removed with every WM6.5 rom

No. I bought my German Omnia 2 with Windows Mobile 6.5.

Now i have flashed the K2 from secany and the E-Mail Samsung-Style ist not available.

Guest tacchan23

Now i have flashed the K2 from secany and the E-Mail Samsung-Style ist not available.

So maybe they removed it starting from the IJx series, I never tried the IIx serie (which I believe was the one for Germany?)

Guest dgmorland

Yes, the newer ROMs do not have the Samsung email that the older ones had

Guest vodanhdaisu

2dfc9bd0-8339-41f3-974d-4c2d957449c.jpg

I've tried to upload my photo into Picasa using my Communities apps but i got this message, it's ok with photobucket but get error with Picasa. do u know how to solve it?

Guest tacchan23
2dfc9bd0-8339-41f3-974d-4c2d957449c.jpg

I've tried to upload my photo into Picasa using my Communities apps but i got this message, it's ok with photobucket but get error with Picasa. do u know how to solve it?

Never used any communites service even on my PC^^

Actually the only time I tried to launc My Communties application my Phone part died and I had to hard reset to solve it... never going to try it again^^