Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest vodanhdaisu

Tacchan, have u flashed your Om2 into IK5 ??

Mine is on IK5 now, but when i applied your registry guide in order to disable samsung sms skin, and enable threaded default window sms, but the sms are still single ones, not in threaded view :)

>>> Already solved after twice of soft reset

Edited by vodanhdaisu

Hello everyone I have a omnia i8000 with:

PDA: I8000NXIIB

CSC: I8000ITVIIB

Telf: I8000XXII7

Win Mobile 6.5 Italian.

They told me that this rom is a bit old, and I wanted to update it then.

Resulted in a step by step guide for Windows Vista?

What ROM do you recommend?

Hello and thanks

Guest vodanhdaisu

I strong recommend you flash IK5, the most fast ans stable for ever now.

Hello everyone I have a omnia i8000 with:

PDA: I8000NXIIB

CSC: I8000ITVIIB

Telf: I8000XXII7

Win Mobile 6.5 Italian.

They told me that this rom is a bit old, and I wanted to update it then.

Resulted in a step by step guide for Windows Vista?

What ROM do you recommend?

Hello and thanks

Guest skoda60

Morning I freshed the IK5 ROM and worked well with the fellow program:

1) BeelineGPS

2)iFLYTEK voicebook2

3) 1 Calculater

4) Omnia2 Flash light

5) PHM registry editor

6) Pocket Rar

7) Resco Explorer

8) SK tools

9) UCWEB V7 Beta1 Chinese Version

10) Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.30 Taiwan version

capture 1.11b and 1.11G not working in this version. So I used screenshoot in sktools.

After the above program were installed, done a soft reset, the free memory and keyboard available in this version except the 国笔PPC输入法 as shown in the attached picture.

Now no way to disabled Widget plus. Goto setting > General setting > no samsung widget for me to disable it.

post-433401-1258963204_thumb.jpg

Edited by skoda60

Guest tacchan23
Morning I freshed the IK5 ROM and worked well with the fellow program:

1) BeelineGPS

2)iFLYTEK voicebook2

3) 1 Calculater

4) Omnia2 Flash light

5) PHM registry editor

6) Pocket Rar

7) Resco Explorer

8) SK tools

9) UCWEB V7 Beta1 Chinese Version

10) Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.30 Taiwan version

capture 1.11b and 1.11G not working in this version. So I used screenshoot in sktools.

After the above program were installed, done a soft reset, the free memory and keyboard available in this version except the 国笔PPC输入法 as shown in the attached picture.

Now no way to disabled Widget plus. Goto setting > General setting > no samsung widget for me to disable it.

You mean WidgetPlus (that you do from Display and Light - Items on today) or TouchWiz (it is already disabled in any rom after IJ1)?

Guest dbluegemco

Why is my WIFI Option in Wireless Manager always lost? Restart will resolve, but even when the phone is running it just suddenly disappear...Am I the only one experiencing this? Hoping for some help.

Thanks.

Guest tacchan23
Why is my WIFI Option in Wireless Manager always lost? Restart will resolve, but even when the phone is running it just suddenly disappear...Am I the only one experiencing this? Hoping for some help.

Thanks.

Do you have SKtools? if so, try to uninstall it

Guest selcuk666

I installed a keyboard and made a soft reset then the device opened and samsung logo appeared but then nothing occured even hard reset do not work I tried many times , what can I do

Guest tacchan23
I installed a keyboard and made a soft reset then the device opened and samsung logo appeared but then nothing occured even hard reset do not work I tried many times , what can I do

you tried the ezinput cab? if so, for me a Hard Reset worked... no other idea than try it again

Guest vitozappa
Cabs for easy and fast Registry Tweaking

In this thread you can find Cabs (made by Tylwith) that will make applying some of the Registry Tweaks posted above a lot more easy and fast.

Below a short description:

CameraSoundSh1.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER1

DisableCameraSound.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER3 (so you need to set the camera to SHUTTER3)

Enable_Settings_rotation.cab Enables the settings menu in 6.5 rom and also allow to map the rotation to a hard key

EnableDialerSkin.cab Enable Samsung Dialer

DisableDialerSkin.cab Disable Samsung Dialer

Touch.cab Encrese the screen responsiveness/sensitivity

RingIncrease.cab Fix the 3 second ring delay (it only works up to firmware H3, after that it just mutes the phone)

DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab Disable Samsung Skinned Email and Sms application

EnableThreadedSms.cab It only works after using disableSkinSmSEmail.cab

4RowsMenuWithHoneyComb.cab Make 4 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu with honeycomb

Shetlander_Honeycomb_Start_Menu.cab (by XDA developers) Enable "3 columns with big icons" Honeycomb in start menu

SettingMenu.cab Add 6.1 menusettings for people who want to enable/disable touchwizUI on wm6.5 (Uninstall the cab after use)

DisableStartShutdownSounds.cab Disable Start and ShutDown sounds

lightsensorfix.cab fixes the light sensor refresh rate on WM 6.1 (On 6.1 the sensor refresh is too short so basicly the screen change every second of brightness so it's no good for visual effect nor for battery life.) (Tested on H5)

The touch.cab gives me two new buttons to pick up te phone or refuse the call, but these buttons don't work

Guest tacchan23
The touch.cab gives me two new buttons to pick up te phone or refuse the call, but these buttons don't work

You could try sending a PM to the author of the cabs or check to original thread (link above)

Guest Ordinary

i cant seems to clean the thumbnail in photo album.

I've edited the registry and all the rubbish pictures still in my photo album.

can guide me on how to clean the thumbnail using sktools ?

thanks

Guest CryptXus

any tweak to change the left softkey of WM6.5 titamium screen which is contacts using samsung interface to 3rd party? i tried using AE button and also advance configuration. after a soft reset, the left soft key default back to samsung contact interface.

Guest tacchan23

thanks

never tried myself sorry... I just make the tweak first thing after I flash a new ROM or hard reset, so never had any need to clean thumbnails

Guest tacchan23
any tweak to change the left softkey of WM6.5 titamium screen which is contacts using samsung interface to 3rd party? i tried using AE button and also advance configuration. after a soft reset, the left soft key default back to samsung contact interface.

I never used titamium sorry, but I read a thread about this problem before 8and I think they solved it)... try to make a search for it

Guest dgmorland

You need to change HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\CHome\SK1URL value to whatever you want the softkey to be. It has to be an exe or an alias not a .lnk

Guest toppwill

thanks

delete the contents of My Device\Application data\PhotoAlbum.data

This will get rid of all the thumbnails and then when you launch photo album again, it will recreate thumbnails except for the dirs that you have excluded in your reg edit :-)

Edited by toppwill

Guest CryptXus

Thanks.

remove SKtools and see if it comes back... it happen to be and wat i do is i install all other programs and also to check if the wifi is still there after each installation to find out if any program cause wifi to go missing. Spam alert is one of them but the new version 2.1 is ok now.

Sktool i install last. next when u run SKtool to clean up. dun delete everything listed. when ever i delete everything, wifi goes missing. so i always use auto clean up only.

Guest CryptXus
You need to change HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\CHome\SK1URL value to whatever you want the softkey to be. It has to be an exe or an alias not a .lnk

thks it works... the edit same as using advance tool and AE, and point to a exe. but duno why cannot save the setting.

Guest dgmorland
thks it works... the edit same as using advance tool and AE, and point to a exe. but duno why cannot save the setting.

Very strange ... this worked for me when I changed the value to :RPMContacts which is the alias for Resco Contact Manager contact screen. When I originally put a reference to a .lnk file it stopped titanium working altogether. What value are you entering for SK1URL? Did you disable titanium then make the change then re-enable titanium?

Guest CryptXus
Very strange ... this worked for me when I changed the value to :RPMContacts which is the alias for Resco Contact Manager contact screen. When I originally put a reference to a .lnk file it stopped titanium working altogether. What value are you entering for SK1URL? Did you disable titanium then make the change then re-enable titanium?

in AE and Advance Tools, i point to

Program Files/Spam alert/Spam alert/Contacts . It reset to samsung contact after a reset

direct changing in the registry with the same string, it works...

so i duno why also. i did not off the titanium when doing changes for both cases.