Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest Hyde_man

Hi,

I'm new to all this.

I have a question, maybe a stupid one...

But how do I get into the registry?

I can't disable the samsung UI in winmo6.5 so I have to do it from within the touchwiz....

thanks

Guest tacchan23
Hi,

I'm new to all this.

I have a question, maybe a stupid one...

But how do I get into the registry?

I can't disable the samsung UI in winmo6.5 so I have to do it from within the touchwiz....

thanks

you have to install a registry editor.

you can find links to some registry editor applications in this topic at the suggested program post

Guest Hyde_man
you have to install a registry editor.

you can find links to some registry editor applications in this topic at the suggested program post

thanks!, now I can get tweaking...

Edited by Hyde_man

I started my list of suggested programs, I'll try to complete it in some days and keep it updated with new releases.

Suggested programs review by category

Here I'll try to list some, in my opinion, usefull programs (both shareware and freeware).

For every category, in Bold text are my preferred choices; in non-bold text are some more programs which it may be worth considering in a future updated version or are in need of further testing.

Please suggest me any more usefull programs to add to the list.

- System

NET_FrameWork_v3.5.cab

HTCSensorSDK.zip (by GinKage): Emulates HTC's G-Sensor API on i8000, that is used in a number of applications, and in many games.

Auto-Rotate screen applications: applications to auto-rotate screen in any application of your choice

- System Utilities

SKtools: Simply too many features to list for system maintenance and system tweaking. Registry Editor included.

Just some interesting system&phone tweaks:

disable/enable Samsung Dialer - TuneUp/Phone Edition/OEM Dialer skin

problem with caller id - TuneUp/Phone Edition/Call ID match

sms sent notification (only work after disabling Samsung SMS application) - TuneUp/Phone Edition/Do not show "Message sent" bubble

TuneUp/Security/Disable warning when installing non-certified applications

TuneUp/Other/PowerOff-PowerOn sound

Other usefull functions:

Cleaning cache and free RAM memory

Uninstaller

Registry Explorer

Move Installed programs changing the shortcuts to the new values

Manage startup programs

Manage Contacts and PIM

MemMaid: Better user-friendly interface then SKtools but less features.

SASHIMI (Freeware): a must have for ONLY people who like to Flash their ROM very very often, make reinstalling every programs much faster! (you must register to download it from the link). You can find a guide here

SK Shortcut Manager: it helps manage/edit/create your shortcut and change icons (useful but not essential, here and here 2 guides to creating shortcuts manually or you can use Resco Explorer too). Mostly useful if you want to change icons (which may not really be needed anymore on WM 6.5)

Tweaks2k2: collection of many registry hacks (not really recommended, the freeware Advanced Configuration Tools listed below can do about the same)

Pocket Mechanic Professional: maintenance utility (not really recommended, less powerfull than SKtools and many users reported data loss)

Custom Colors: you can change the colors on your Pocket PC (not much that SKtools can’t do too)

SpeedBooster: it allows you to focus the CPU power to various programs running on your device (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET)

PPC Configurator (Freeware): This tool will configure your Phone not to see some of the SIP Programs you dont often use (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET)

The following is a list of freeware programs which may be useful to replace some shareware utilities (mostly SKtools):

Advanced Configuration Tools Allows you to easily modify more than 200 settings for Windows Mobile system and applications.

Settings+ v0.2 : sms threaded option, WM colors and fonts settings

Tonality: tweak the various hidden sound events deep within the registry

PHM Registry Editor A registry editor if you don't have Sktools or Resco Explorer (never tested myself but I read it's good)

- System Data Utilities

SPB Backup: Many features to make and restore backup of datas and installed programs.

Sprite Backup: should be on par with SPB Backup, but simply never tried it.

Raise Data Recovery: data recovery of lost information (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET

CardRecovery: data recovery of lost information (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET)

RAR 3.90 for Pocket PC (freeware) (no need if you use Resco Explorer or Total Commander)

7-Zip_9.05_alpha.CAB (freeware)

could you let us know when you have tested speedbooster on O2 please.

Thanks

Is the flashing guide needs updating? kinda confusing to me to wether or not to flash eboot and which Octan to use. It say if not flash eboot you'll have sleep problem. but below you said flash eboot to solve that problem. then ffurther below you said "if you decide like me" then just flash csc and pda only using octan mini. I dont see any eboot in mini octan too.

Im still with stock WM6.1 ROM and never flash any ROM before. WHile waiting to download

LEO2FUSION rom im reading the guide and so many do and dont and options make me confuse.

And LEO2FUSION rom only have 1 file (pda_rfd_leo2fusion_beta1.nb0) So where is CSC file?

Please help to simplify what i need to do. Again my jurassic phone info is as below

PDA :I8000XXIG6

CSC :I8000FAMIG6

PHONE: I8000DXIG6

WM6.1 21006.1.5.74

Edited by chokia

Guest tacchan23
Is the flashing guide needs updating? kinda confusing to me to wether or not to flash eboot and which Octan to use. It say if not flash eboot you'll have sleep problem. but below you said flash eboot to solve that problem. then ffurther below you said "if you decide like me" then just flash csc and pda only using octan mini. I dont see any eboot in mini octan too.

Im still with stock WM6.1 ROM and never flash any ROM before. WHile waiting to download

LEO2FUSION rom im reading the guide and so many do and dont and options make me confuse.

And LEO2FUSION rom only have 1 file (pda_rfd_leo2fusion_beta1.nb0) So where is CSC file?

Please help to simplify what i need to do. Again my jurassic phone info is as below

PDA :I8000XXIG6

CSC :I8000FAMIG6

PHONE: I8000DXIG6

WM6.1 21006.1.5.74

If you flash from wm 6.1 to wm 6.5, I suggest you to flash eboot too to avoid "sleep" problems.

So if you want to flash to Rodrigo Leo rom, I think you should first flash to IL2 for example (eboot, pda, csc, phone); after that you can flash Rodrigo PDA part.

And also for future flashes, you don't need to flash eboot and phone parts anymore. (the meaning is that from wm6.1 to 6.5 there are many differences so it's better to flash every part)

Guest hkwildboy
Misc

• Record incoming call: after the call is connected, press note, display recording bar, and press record (or you can install a 3rd party program for more easy usage and auto recording)

Just want to mention that, the Record Function is already built into the dailer menu. After call is connected, you can just press menu and there's a function called "RECORD" built in. I'm using ROM IJ1

Just a couple of software suggestions for people : )

1. Fabliv's 9 button actionscreen, here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=422136 It's a really useful little app that provides a quick way of launching things like a new SMS, toggling Wifi on and off, and so on. By default it gets installed on the left soft key on the home screen if you are running TouchFlo 3d.

Of course, if you're NOT running TouchFlo 3d, then you need to choose how to activate it. If you just want to try it out before making any further modifications to your phone, after you've installed it, browse to the Windows directory on your phone and click on HTCActionScreen.exe to execute the program.

If you like it, you can assign it to the left softkey of the today screen by editing the registry. To do so, fire up a registry editor and browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\ and add a new key called 112. To that new key add two strings. Firtsly one called 'Default', with the value 'PhoneBook' (no quotations), and secondly a string called 'Open' with the value '\Windows\HTCActionScreen.lnk' (no quotations). Of course, you could also assign it to a hardware button if you wanted to....

If you want to change the look of the app, all the files are stored in the directory Windows/ActionScreen. You need an application called Brn Convert to extract and replace the graphics.

If you want to change what each button in ActionScreen actually points to, you'll find the necessary registry entries under \HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\ActionScreen. Have a look at each registry key and you'll soon figure out how it works.

2. TaskFacade. This is a brilliant task switching app that I've been using for quite a while on my Touch Pro. I know the O2 has a built in Task Switcher, but after a week of owning the phone I've given up on it and installed TaskFacade instead. I find it works much much more quickly : ) The current release is version 4 but this doesn't play nicely with the O2 (well, not with my standard ROM anyway). Task Facade's creator Sergey Kravchenko has very kindly released a beta version here http://taskfacade.mybb3.org/%22transparenc...b934f195d9fd095 which seems to cure the problem perfectly, so I recommend trying this one. For help with using its extra functionality (like hiding processes you don't want to see), read the FAQ here: http://taskfacade.mybb3.org/f-a-q--t4.html...b934f195d9fd095. Hope you like it.

Thanks to everyone here for helping out with tips and tweaks and software. I have been SO disappointed with my O2 since I got it, but gradually things are improving with everyone's help : )

Guest ray1234
Hi,

does anyone know of a working program to switch the audio from rear to front earpiece speaker? I already tried apps like AudioRoute, PPC-AudioSwitch, PPC Audio Router; but all of them do not work.

I definitely need this function to replace my conventional phone by the SIP-enabled Omnia II. Unfortunately all SIP-Softphones I have tried so far use the rear speaker for incoming voice expect Fring. Sadly also Fring has its defects: The outgoing sound-volume from Omnias microphone is much too low.

Hope someone can help.

I wish I have the answer as well. I've asked this question in a lot of other forums, noone has the answer. I wish I can Skype like doing a phone call, for now, I have to put on the headphone or use bluetooth.

Guest vitozappa

recently i flashed my O2 through SS website to IJ9 (i bought it in singapore ebay). a few days ago i flashed my O2 so now it wasPDA XXIL2, CSC SOIJ2, Phone DXIJ9. No problems there. You said that it was not necessary to flash eboot so i did not do that.

update: i flashed CSC to XEBIL2 and phone to XXIL1, got rid of the Chinese keyboards. I didn't touch the eboot. Working like a charm. Faster and more responsive to, and battery life seems normal to me, no memory losses so far. One minor thing: the color of several screens (sms, contacts, phonebook) changed from black background/white letters to grey background/black letters. Seems strange to me

Guest tacchan23
One minor thing: the color of several screens (sms, contacts, phonebook) changed from black background/white letters to grey background/black letters. Seems strange to me

Make sure your theme is set to BlackTheme.

Guest lambi1982

This is the first mod that I have found and hopefully not the last.

Goto HKCU/Software/Samsung/Camera

Find AudioNormalCodec

the options are:

0 - Default : GSM-AMR-NB 8000Hz 1ch (this is the default but has lots of high pitched noises in the background)

1 - MPEG4 AAC 16000Hz 1ch (this so far is the cleanest audio that I found you can get during video recording)

2 - Qualcomm QCELP 1000Hz 2ch (this is the MMS setting, not good at all for video recording)

Guest tacchan23
This is the first mod that I have found and hopefully not the last.

Goto HKCU/Software/Samsung/Camera

Find AudioNormalCodec

the options are:

0 - Default : GSM-AMR-NB 8000Hz 1ch (this is the default but has lots of high pitched noises in the background)

1 - MPEG4 AAC 16000Hz 1ch (this so far is the cleanest audio that I found you can get during video recording)

2 - Qualcomm QCELP 1000Hz 2ch (this is the MMS setting, not good at all for video recording)

I was reading it just few minutes ago on omniarom.com^^

But sadly I don't have this reg entry on i8000 rom, maybe it's just for the i920? ;)

Guest nonsensical

guys. any idea how to change the format of the date to ddmmyyyy? i can't find the options. that's only 1 default format which is mmddyyyy. thanks for the help.

Guest SoJuPanda

for advanced config -> screen -> backlight lock level. when i change the option to always bright until phone call or any of the options it never stays to the new option. It restarts but i still on the default option. you guys getting this problem? or any ideas how to fix it? I dont want a dim lock screen

Guest Dj_suca
hi guys,

are there people here experiencing their WiFi disappearing from their Wireless Manager list time to time?

I happen to experience this where I just used it a while ago and when I try to re-activate Wifi, the Wifi is no longer in Wireless Manager.

Is this by any chance caused by some apps or something else?

I have SPB Shell 3.5.1, Resco explorer, SK Tools, Coreplayer, Nitrogen installed.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance :)

hi man this happens mostely whem you have the bluetooth on?

Guest 2ksilverbullet
guys. any idea how to change the format of the date to ddmmyyyy? i can't find the options. that's only 1 default format which is mmddyyyy. thanks for the help.

Settings -> System Settings -> Regional Settings -> Date tab?

Guest costipl
Can anyone suggest dictionary and translator? Both free and commercial.

And is there anyway I can type Japanese and Korean?

Thx.

http://www.ookii.org/software/pocketdictionary/ - Japanese-English (&vice versa) dictionary based on EDICT. Also grab JapaneseInput from the same site - this will solve your problem of typing in Japanse.

Works like a charm on the O2.

If you install the PocketDictionary, makes sure you have an Internet connection available - the dictionary files are about 50MB download.

Edited by costipl

Guest willtwr
http://www.ookii.org/software/pocketdictionary/ - Japanese-English (&vice versa) dictionary based on EDICT. Also grab JapaneseInput from the same site - this will solve your problem of typing in Japanse.

Works like a charm on the O2.

If you install the PocketDictionary, makes sure you have an Internet connection available - the dictionary files are about 50MB download.

Thanks. It works great!!!

Now I need for Korean version, too.

Anyone found it please post here. I'm searching and will post the link here once found it.

Thank you for sharing :)