Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest alexovy

Hello. I have a OMNIA I8000. Does anybody knows how to turn off the beeps on today screen? I have set all the sounds off, for the touch, keyboard, hardbuttons but I still have some beeps when I click on the today screen for the widgets. How to turn these beeps off?

Guest tacchan23
Hello. I have a OMNIA I8000. Does anybody knows how to turn off the beeps on today screen? I have set all the sounds off, for the touch, keyboard, hardbuttons but I still have some beeps when I click on the today screen for the widgets. How to turn these beeps off?

It's in the FAQ

Guest tacchan23
I have looked for this in the FAQ and I don*t fing anything regarding the widgets beeps on the today screen.

- How to remove sounds from WidgetPlus? (original post here)

You need to get Total Commander : http://www.samsung-omnia.org/pre-installed...ach;attach=5224

Download this sound: http://www.samsung-omnia.org/pre-installed...ach;attach=5225

Then rename to "06_widget_icon_click" and copy to your PDA

Then open Total Commander, go to Windows Folder, File->Find files and find for "06_widget_icon_click"

I recommend make a backup of the file!

Just replace now this file with the other that you have download!!

Guest Randy Boy
Windows Mobile 6.5 ROMs: Tweaks tested and working on newer wm 6.5 firmware on i8000 (if you want to try on i920 some tweaks may not work, please report back!)

Front Camera

• Taking pictures with front camera (DOESN'T WORK WITH VERIZON i920: if you applied the tweak anyway and you camera isn't working anymore, all you have to do is change the HKCU/Software/Samsung/Camera "shooting mode" reg key to 0 after deleting the front camera reg tweak)

Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Samsung/Camera

Create new Dword: SupportFrontCamera = 1

Start camera

Go to "Shooting mode" (second left icon from the top)

Select "Self"

and you have your front camera (640 x 480)

Inputing

• Turn Off Keyboard from Automatically Popping Up

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip>:

Create or change DWORD > TurnOffAutoDeploy from 0 to 1

SMS/Email

• Disable the Threading SMS in Samsung SMS skinned application

Go to HKLM/Software/Samsung/JINBOX and set "ThreadedViewDisabled" from 0 to 1.

After changing you need to softreset your device.

• Disable the skinned apps for email (1) and sms (2) and enable threading message (3) [using tmail.exe]. You will need to change 3 registry entry:

1) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\DLL

change the value from emform.dll to htmlnote.dll
          (in current firmware IJ6 this is already set)

2) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

change the value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

3) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from 1 to 0

There are a couple of side effects to this though.

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book. (
          This could be fixed if you disable T9 and enable the WinMo text prediction, read the Inputing section)

2) You're not able to MMS.

• Threaded SMS Input Space: if you using the default Tmail for Threaded SMS (and not some 3rd party program… I recently gave up on VITO SMS-chat after too many bugs/problems for me), you will notice that the space to input text is really too small. To change it, look for the file \Windows\thread_sms.htm You can open the file with Word Mobile to edit it:

Find the line <Inbox:content id="COMPOSESUBJECT" width="98%" height=35 spell ......>

and modify the value of height from 35 to 65 or 70, to get 3 line spacing for the input

Save the edited file somewhere and then use Total Commander or Resco Explorer to move it to Windows overwriting the old file.

• Using 3rd party programs as the default SMS

Go to: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX

Change key 1 (default : Tmail.exe) with your software

---Example to use VITO SMS-Chat, change to: "\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

---Example to use the Sms program from Resco Contact, change to: RPhoneMan -sms

By the way, if you also want to change to Resco Contact Manager change this key:

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Rai>:MSCONTACTS

Change key labelled 1 to :RPMContacts

• Remove the Samsung skinned SMS application and SMS sent notification (this can be done with SKtools and AdvConfigTools too, after disabling Samsung SMS app.)

Go To: HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > MsgTypes > IPM > SMSText

Change: DLL value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

Soft reset and then

Go To: HKLM > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > Settings

Change: MMSNoSentMsg name to SMSNoSentMsg
                (just in case you have it)

Change: SMSNoSentMsg value to 1

Soft Reset

Note: can be done with SKtools too: TuneUp/Phone Edition/Do not show "Message sent" bubble

• Remove SMS sent notification without disabling the Samsung skinned SMS application (by AndrewTan, not tested myself yet)

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\setting and change the value from 1 to 0 of

SMSForegegroundSend
                  - disable sms/mms successful send notification

SMSDeliveryReport
                  - disable delivery notification

Garmin XT configs (for me they work good and I can get a fix in 1-2mins)

• Go to General Settings - GPS
                    1) GPS program port : COM 7
                    2) GPS hardware port : COM 9
                    3) Baud Rate : 9600
                    4) Enable Manage GPS automatically5)
                    5) Make sure to download the XTRA data every week or so while connecting to internet trough Active Sync
                    • Under Garmin XT - Click signal bar ( top left icon ) 1) MAKE SURE its COM7 : COM7
                      2) IF NOT then click disable button
                      3) Click Use serial GPS - set it to COM 7
                      4) Then Enable it back.

Landscape Screen
                      • To be able to manually rotate the screen in any application: go to registry hk_local machine – system – gdi – rotation; in key HideOrientationUi change 1 to 0. Then open Settings – Personal – Buttons and assign to any button the command “Rotate Screen” (you can see this option after you change the registry and only in winmo setting page) (working well for me, I prefer to be able to choose when I want to view something in landscape mode than relaying on how I rotate my phone…)
                      • If you want to disable the auto rotate function available for some applications: just go to \windows\startup\ and delete the autorotation.lnk and soft reset

• To enable autorotate in any application, you can check this thread
                      • To add manually in the registry which application to autorotate:
                        Go to hklm\Software\Autorotation (I noticed here you can also find the registry to disable autoration: disable = 1)
                        create a string value named 6 if the previous one was 5 (and so on)
                        in the value put your application name (the name displayed in the taskbar)
                        increment the value of the dword Count accordingly.
                        soft reset.

Misc

[*]Encrese the screen responsiveness Go to HKLM>system>GWE>touch>filter and set "minimumtaptime" to 0

[*]Incoming Call Notice: if you have very very low sound notice when someone else is calling during another call. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\CallWaiting\"Sound"="xxxxx.wav" and check which file is there. Then go to windows folder take xxxxx.wav and using sound editor (for example sony sound forge) increase volume level (20-50%) and put it back. Or take you own file and put in windows folder and change "xxxxx.wav" to the new file name. Also you can add vibration, for example set "Script" = "pv1w3pv1w3pv1w3r" (original value is "pw3p")

1. Download and install WM6VoIPFull.cab. This adds the necessary drivers, tools to set up the account and the number formatting (dialplan), and the Internet Calling applet for the old-school today screen. Link:

Run the SIP Config and the SIP DialPlan tools and set up your VoIP account and dialplan. Switch to the old-school today screen and add the Internet Calling applet (I actually have it 2 times in the list). This is so that you can see the connection status. Now the issue is that upon clicking the applet, you get Samsung's interface which has no option to actually allow internet calling. This way the phone never actually attempts to use VoIP.

2. To remedy that, download and install the Setup VoIP tool from

Open it, go to the Options tab and switch internet calling to "whenever available". You can also check the box to have the phone use VoIP over 3G.

Note: Of course the fact that internet calling cannot be quickly enabled/disabled from the today screen is a big problem. It means that you gotta watch out that you don't call e.g. mobile numbers through VoIP when your carrier's rate is cheaper.

Increasing ring problem

[*]No registry fix working for me, I tried looking around on many forums but any suggested fix didn't work.

[*]Personally I edited the first 3 seconds of my favorite ringtone to be louder (the result is not really that good becouse I am REALLY noob at it, but still better than nothing)

Show Windows Setting in Start Menu

[*]Open any registry editor, go to path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\ amd change Value 'HideSettings' to '0' (credits to rodrigofd)

[*]Also you can enable it using SKtools

Enabling NetCompactFramework 3.5

[*]Open any registry editor, go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework

change 2.0.7045.00 from 1 to 0

then change 3.5.7283.00 from 0 to 1

wait 30 secs then soft reset

Disabling the Samsung dialer (I didn't test this myself yet)

[*]Open any registry editor, go to HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin

change Enabled > 1 to 0

[*]Warning: This disable video call and MMS

[*]Can save 10MB Program Memory and also speed up searching through contacts & sent SMS.

[*]Can be done with SKtools too: TuneUp/Phone Edition/OEM Dialer skin

Photo Album: exclude unwanted folders

[*]Open any registry editor, go to HKLM/Software/TecAce/PhotoAlbum/ExcludeFolders

Add a new string value for every folder you want to exclude, you must give them the name of 000, 001, 002,... etc

As string data you must add the folder address, you must separate folder with the symbol \

Example: If you want to exclude Program files folder, you have to make a new string value like "001" and you have to add \My storage\Program files

Notice that you have to clean the thumbnails that Photo Album creates! You can use the clean option of SKTools

Caller ID: problem about not recognizing contacts in country code format

[*]This is due to the Call ID Match issue, some values may be too long for some country numbers or too for other countries.

Just change the value to match your country need. (It starts countingt from behind)

Go to HKCU\Control Panel\Phone\CalIidMatch and set the desidered value

[*]Can be done with Advanced Configuration Tools and SKtools (TuneUp/Phone Edition/Call ID match) too.

Various Sound issues

[*]CAMERA SOUNDS: to remove the sounds of the camera you can put the phone in Silent mode or you can also replace the following files in Windows directory (Shutter01.wav, Shutter02.wav, Shutter03.wav, ShutterContinuous.wav, ShutterSound.wav, Recording.wav, RecEnd.wav, autofocus.wav, autofocusfail.wav) with empty files having the same names as the replaced files (For this you can also use the Silence.wav file already present in the Windows directory.

Copy it to another folder, make more copies and rename them to shutter01.wav, shutter02.wav, etc.

Use Resco File Manager or Total Commander to move them to Windows directory and overwrite the original files.

(In case you want to restore the original files, simply delete your modified files and on next soft-reset the ROM files will be restored) )

[*]SAMSUNG TUNE and Start up Screen: to disable them replace the following files with some empty files having the same name (For this you can also use the Silence.wav file already present in the Windows directory, see above): \windows\power_on.gif; \windows\PowerOn.wav; \windows\power_off.gif; \windows\PowerOff.wav

Note: Can be done with SKtools too: TuneUp/Other/PowerOff-PowerOn sound

After i disable the send bubble notification. can't send contact via vCard thru sms? how can i tweak. thank you for helping.

:)

[*]Enable VoIP/SIP support

Edit : can you make a cab to shut up the horrible sounds and bips when you switch on the fone !!!!??

Just replace the PowerOn.wav and PowerOff.wav files in the \Windows directory with Silence.wav (rename Silence.wav to both names, then copy over using something like TotalCommander to overwrite the file in ROM.)

To disable Threaded SMS in 6.5 Roms there is no need changing registry, just go to Messaging, Accounts and then select from Menu, Conversation. Then you can disable/enable threaded Sms view.

Guest easton17543
Anyone know how to prevent Outlook from popping up every time the device reconnects to the network ?

Can it work in the background ?

Thanks

I find this annoying too. You can let the messaging app open, and it won't pop up on top of other apps. Thanks to SnowO2 for posting this on the Verizon site.

Guest Scarlet Moon
Small guide/memo on what to do after Flashing a new ROM

(this is just a small list I made for myself to make it easier to remember what to do/install every time, so of course it refers to my most used programs and settings but maybe the general layout could be usefull to someone else too):

A) Hard reset + eeprom re-init by dialing *2767*3855# (the "eeprom reset" wipes the My Storage too and is suggested by Secany in his thread; Sorg disagree to it as there is NO eeprom in Omnia II, you can read about it here)

B) Disable WidgetPlus: Samsung Settings - Display and Light - Items on Today

C) Disable sound/vibro on touch: Sound Settings - Touch Alert - None

D) Review/modify all Samsung Options

E) Soft Rest to recognise the SIM and set Data Connection Info automatically

F) Fill Device Name for registering products

0) ConnManager (or any programs NoData style to prevent unwanted data usage)

1) Resco file explorer (modify the settings, the layout and disable the Recycle Bin option)

2) SKtools:

disable/enable Samsung Dialer - TuneUp/Phone Edition/OEM Dialer skin

problem with caller id - TuneUp/Phone Edition/Call ID match

sms sent notification (only work after disabling Samsung SMS application) - TuneUp/Phone Edition/Do not show "Message sent" bubble

TuneUp/Security/Disable warning when installing non-certified applications

TuneUp/Other/PowerOff-PowerOn sound

3) tweaks registry (manually or installing the Cabs): IMPORTANT - unhide WM settings and review all settings

4) Net Framework 3.5

4) SPB Mobile shell or PointUI+PointSense

5) ComicReader

6) AllReader+ (import preferences)

7) SDkcert & Taskbar

8) AE Button+

9) MDict

10) S2U2 (edit/import preferences, customize looks)

11) ReRemind

12) MagiCall (edit/import lists)

13) Backup software

14) SPB screenshot

15) ThumbCal (edit settings)

16) GoogleMaps (cab in Windows folder, if not already installed)

17) WKtask (not sure if it produce a conflict with the remapping of Volume buttons)

18) Garmin

19) Opera Mini 5 and Opera 9.7 latest betas available

Hi! Can you give me a link to download ComicReader? Thanks!:)

I find this annoying too. You can let the messaging app open, and it won't pop up on top of other apps. Thanks to SnowO2 for posting this on the Verizon site.

I know it. But it seems that leaving it open disables the sound notifications on new messages.

There must be a way to avoid it through registry...

hi everyone,

I am quite new on this site, but I think is very useful. :)

Somebody can offer me a good voip program what I can use on my i8000 handset? Or is it possible to use that kind of program on it?

I need a Satnav application on my phone, which is the best one and how can I get or download it?

many thanks

berem

Edited by berem

Guest is77gal

I have a small problem that can be answered in a blink...I want to flash IL5 and I don`t know witch csc to choose. My phone is not locked and I`m using it in Romania....though I believe it is supposed to be open market....so witch one...pls help...sooner the better

Guest jukefox
hi everyone,

I am quite new on this site, but I think is very useful. :)

Somebody can offer me a good voip program what I can use on my i8000 handset? Or is it possible to use that kind of program on it?

I need a Satnav application on my phone, which is the best one and how can I get or download it?

many thanks

berem

Hi berem,

I have experimented with several VoIP-apps on my Omnia II but none of them have been good enough yet to replace my conventional phone. The most promising at the moment seems to be fring. It's just a pitty that the microphone volume is much too low so that your conversation partners are able to easily understand your voice. fring wrote that they are working on a solution. But using fring with your headset should work fine.

Edited by jukefox

can you put another link for the Samsung Kies: Application Store because i dont have it on my omnia 2 and it doesnt work on my pc. The old link doesn't work.

Guest Laziepig
can you put another link for the Samsung Kies: Application Store because i dont have it on my omnia 2 and it doesnt work on my pc. The old link doesn't work.

try visit samsung UK and download from there.. remember to choose your location as UK.. It worked on my win7 desktop..

Guest starrygal91

Hi all,

Anyone knows where to get the cab for Taking pictures with front camera for samsung omnia i8000?

I dont understand the whole thingy about editing the registry.

Can anyone create a cab for me?

Many thanks in advance :)

Edited by starrygal91