Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest tacchan23
I don't have the 3.5.7283.00 key in my registry (I just have the 2.0 one described above). I have PDA XXIJ6 , CSC EURIJ6, PHONE XXIJ2 ROM. I tried to install Mobile Shell Extension which needs v3.5 netcompactframework and it wont install. I tried downloading .netcompactframework v3.5 but when it went to install it said it was already in my ROM. If it is already there, how can I enable it if the registry key above doesnt exist? It seems to be half there only!

Did you try to download the file I posted here ? for me it's working...

Edited by tacchan23

Guest alvinkh

hmm... wanna ask u guys if u guys knows is there any gd sites or gd software that give decent icons? and is there any way to change the icons from spb ms 3.5?

Guest tacchan23
hmm... wanna ask u guys if u guys knows is there any gd sites or gd software that give decent icons? and is there any way to change the icons from spb ms 3.5?

In this thread you can find many info about SPB ms 3.5 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...045&page=98

You can find many themes with nice icons there.

Also iphone style icons for download: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=533993

When I have some free time I'll make a small summary out of it.

Guest alvinkh
In this thread you can find many info about SPB ms 3.5 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...045&page=98

You can find many themes with nice icons there.

Also iphone style icons for download: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=533993

When I have some free time I'll make a small summary out of it.

that will be nice... thanks a lot bro

Guest JohnHere

Ok, I'm desperate so forgive my pleading:

Does anyone use a bluetooth keyboard with the Omnia 2?

I have to be very mobile on my job (sometimes on foot) and can't carry a lap top and phone etc. A foldable keyboard and the omnia fit easily in a camera case and I can do what I need to while being able to access my computer with gotomypc, type lit that needs to be printed wherever I am etc.. I need to type at least 50 wpm, impossible on softkeys.

After flashing the J6 rom, although everything else worked great I can no longer pair my bluetooth keyboard which usually works with everything (freedom universal keyboard 2). So, unfortunately I have to go back to 6.1. I tried teksoft's BlueInput but my keyboard won't pair.

This is probably a ill-informed question, but does 6.5 use broadcomm bluetooth stack instead of microsoft bt stack?

If necessary, where would I go to find someone who could write a custom cooked up solution or workaround for such things?

Free would be better, social justice work doesn't pay much, but I'd gladly compensate a solution for this.

Guest tacchan23
Ok, I'm desperate so forgive my pleading:

Does anyone use a bluetooth keyboard with the Omnia 2?

I have to be very mobile on my job (sometimes on foot) and can't carry a lap top and phone etc. A foldable keyboard and the omnia fit easily in a camera case and I can do what I need to while being able to access my computer with gotomypc, type lit that needs to be printed wherever I am etc.. I need to type at least 50 wpm, impossible on softkeys.

After flashing the J6 rom, although everything else worked great I can no longer pair my bluetooth keyboard which usually works with everything (freedom universal keyboard 2). So, unfortunately I have to go back to 6.1. I tried teksoft's BlueInput but my keyboard won't pair.

This is probably a ill-informed question, but does 6.5 use broadcomm bluetooth stack instead of microsoft bt stack?

If necessary, where would I go to find someone who could write a custom cooked up solution or workaround for such things?

Free would be better, social justice work doesn't pay much, but I'd gladly compensate a solution for this.

Maybe you could try posting a new thread for your question, it would be more visible. I personally don't have a blutooth keyboard so I have no idea, sorry.

Guest tacchan23
That link is to PointUI Phone article - maybe you have put the wrong link?

yeah sorry, updated the link (it's the Suggested Program topic in this thread anyway)

Guest dgmorland
yeah sorry, updated the link (it's the Suggested Program topic in this thread anyway)

thanks tacchan23! the CAB you referred me to installed ok (unlike the official download from microsoft) and I was able to change .netcompactFramework versions and then run ShellExtension. :D

Guest JohnHere
Maybe you could try posting a new thread for your question, it would be more visible. I personally don't have a blutooth keyboard so I have no idea, sorry.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Guest vodanhdaisu

Can i ask you, how many Mb/s when you transfer files between PC and Om2 using USB function? Mine here is only average 3-4Mb/s. How to enhance this speed transfer rate? Even i tried to use Nokia Cable instead of SS cable, but no enhancement at all. Still very very slow...

It's such a pain on my ass for me to back up my data whenever i flash new rom :D

Guest darkworldzz

heres a noob qns.. bfor i could connect to wifi on my wireless modem, but now when ever i try to connect, the blue button lights up, my modem detects a wireless connection but the fone does nt seem to be connected..(the wifi icon does nt show up)

can u help me tachaan??

Thks in advance XD

Guest tacchan23
heres a noob qns.. bfor i could connect to wifi on my wireless modem, but now when ever i try to connect, the blue button lights up, my modem detects a wireless connection but the fone does nt seem to be connected..(the wifi icon does nt show up)

can u help me tachaan??

Sorry, untill I go back to my country next year I will not have a chance to try any wifi :D

Guest draconn

"Incoming Call Notice: if you have very very low sound notice when someone else is calling during another call. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\CallWaiting\"Sound"="xxxxx.wav" and check which file is there. Then go to windows folder take xxxxx.wav and using sound editor (for example sony sound forge) increase volume level (20-50%) and put it back. Or take you own file and put in windows folder and change "xxxxx.wav" to the new file name.

"

Alternative suggestion:

call waiting tweak

hk_c_u\ControlPanel\Sounds\CallWaiting

to add vibrate; change the script to : av0pw3r

i've been using this since i780's short coming

Edited by draconn

Guest vodanhdaisu

Can i ask you, how many Mb/s when you transfer files between PC and Om2 using USB function? Mine here is only average 3-4Mb/s. How to enhance this speed transfer rate? Even i tried to use Nokia Cable instead of SS cable, but no enhancement at all. Still very very slow...

It's such a pain on my ass for me to back up my data whenever i flash new rom

Guest tacchan23

Moving one big file (350MB) at a time to My Storage: speed about 4.8-5MB/s

Moving one big file (350MB) at a time to Storage Card (16gb class6): speed about 4.8-4.9MB/s

Guest Trung Thanh

It's such a pain on my ass for me to back up my data whenever i flash new rom

I think speed at 3-4 Mb/s is normal. :-)

Actually, I copied 20 file music flac (300 MB) at speed 5.88 Mb/s

Edited by Trung Thanh

i900 had Tomtom finding GPS problem (fixed by Gpsgate), but it fixed on JD1 (or ID1 version, I forgot). How about this i8000? I didn't have a phone to try so I dunno :D

Edited by secany

Guest tacchan23

- Lock Screen

S2U2 (freeware): many great features (such as slide to answer and slide to ignore; vibration notify on connect; etc) and very customizable look. Too bad there are some issues anyway, like some hardware buttons not being locked (such as the camera button, but only with the screen locked not in sleep mode) and a major problem with the Caller ID function (sometime there is a conflict with the WinMo caller screen and it gets difficult to answer… it doesn’t happen very often but it’s annoying when it does.) So overall, I suggest it (and I’m using it too) to at least give it a try and see if the Caller ID is working well for you and anyway is a good choice for everybody who don’t want to use the Caller ID function.

Tylwith_s2u2_omnia_2_mod_with_config_fixed.cab: a mod (by Tylwith) for s2u2 to launch the samsung LockScreen. You can read more here

PocketShield: (NOT TESTED MYSELF YET but it looks nice). Also no official support for i8000 yet, just for i900. May be worth to check future releases even if it’s not cheap^^

Guest vodanhdaisu

At this speed, Om2 is the same with a cheap chinese usb

I think speed at 3-4 Mb/s is normal. :-)

Actually, I copied 20 file music flac (300 MB) at speed 5.88 Mb/s

Guest b7610_fan

Hi All,

I'm a B7610 user and I'm still searching for some tweaks, maybe you all could help me:

link: Topic WM6.5 B7610

Still searching:

- How to: Phone dialer ? : set default view to call history instead of call history and contacts.

- How to: Phone dialer ? : enable the skin from samsung 6.1; when someone calls, you could reject & send sms.

- How to: Messaging : get rid of the giant - and + icon in messages / email folder selection .

- How to: Messaging : have horizontal lines between 2 sms conversations like in: this image

- How to: Messaging : remove the 'older' - 'newer' titles in a conversation and just list all messages.

- How to: Messaging : fix green delivery icon, it is blocky, not even anti-alias.

- How to: Start Menu : easily reorder the items.

- How to: FIX slow response time of the unlock button, on wm6.1 it worked great.

Edited by b7610_fan