Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest ravelcop
there is NO eeprom in Omnia II. Looks like somebody grabbed this code from some basic samsung phone service manual.

although this code is available in Omnia II, its action is different.

It formats "My Storage" and then does Hard Reset.

This code is absolutely unnecessary after flash unless you want to just wipe "My Storage"

OMG! :) so it wasn't the OCTANS mini after all. coz i followed this exactly without really knowing what it does. geez, i wish this post would have been around sooner :D

Edited by ravelcop

Guest tacchan23
Alternative: Call sms Blocker, the best!!

Does it work for you on the first ring too? or just after the first ring?

Also it wasn't filtering SMS when I tried it (maybe my mistake).

The UI is not so user friendly too.

Guest tacchan23
OMG! :) so it wasn't the OCTANS mini after all. coz i followed this exactly without really knowing what it does. geez, i wish this post would have been around sooner :D

Sorry about that... I'll add to the guide even if too late for you :D

(honestly I tought Hard Reset too would wipe My Storage... as I said before I always want to delete it anyway, so I didn't really pay attention to this subject)

Guest ravelcop
Does it work for you on the first ring too? or just after the first ring?

Also it wasn't filtering SMS when I tried it (maybe my mistake).

The UI is not so user friendly too.

i think CNEMSolution SmartSMS is still the best in hiding SMS (even if it hasn't been updated for a while). the creator of this program really thought of all the scenarios of cheating :D . imagine if your partner got curious about the program and ask you for the password?!? SmartSMS thought of that as well, hehehe. the only problem i encountered is sending SMS thru it, it seems not to send at all. you'll have to do it in outlook and delete it afterwards, pretty risky huh. and lately with my Black Theme, you won't be able to read the list of your hidden contacts because the text is also in black :)

Guest tacchan23
i think CNEMSolution SmartSMS is still the best in hiding SMS (even if it hasn't been updated for a while). the creator of this program really thought of all the scenarios of cheating :D . imagine if your partner got curious about the program and ask you for the password?!? SmartSMS thought of that as well, hehehe. the only problem i encountered is sending SMS thru it, it seems not to send at all. you'll have to do it in outlook and delete it afterwards, pretty risky huh. and lately with my Black Theme, you won't be able to read the list of your hidden contacts because the text is also in black :)

I tried it and I didn't even add to my SMS security list... this one is much better imho:

- SMS security

EasyHelper SMS Security v2.3: can hide the secret/important SMS messages (including incoming SMS messages and existing SMS messages in Inbox). The hidden SMS messages are encrypted and stored separately. Quite good, it can also hide itself; it only misses a Whitelist feature.

Becouse SmartSMS has only a RedList option... meaning you can filter ONLY those numbers you put in the RedList. Which may be a good option to have, but not really enough imho. If I really want to have some secret SMS and I want to play safe, I want to be able to hide/filter SMS incoming from unknow numbers too! :D

Anyway, I don't have a need for such applications atm^^ and if I'll never need it, I hope that by that time MagiCall will have the SMS hide option too and so it will be by far the best choice (as it allows any kind of rule to filter incoming SMS/calls)

Edited by tacchan23

Guest ravelcop
I tried it and I didn't even add to my SMS security list... this one is much better imho:

- SMS security

EasyHelper SMS Security v2.3: can hide the secret/important SMS messages (including incoming SMS messages and existing SMS messages in Inbox). The hidden SMS messages are encrypted and stored separately. Quite good, it can also hide itself; it only misses a Whitelist feature.

Becouse SmartSMS has only a RedList option... meaning you can filter ONLY those numbers you put in the RedList. Which may be a good option to have, but not really enough imho. If I really want to have some secret SMS and I want to play safe, I want to be able to hide/filter SMS incoming from unknow numbers too! :)

Anyway, I don't have a need for such applications atm^^ and if I'll never need it, I hope that by that time MagiCall will have the SMS hide option too and so it will be by far the best choice (as it allows any kind of rule to filter incoming SMS/calls)

as a matter of fact... I'm using EasyHelper SMS Security right now. it's almost perfect actually. the only problem is, when your partner plays with your device, gets curious about this program and ask for the password... you're screwed :D

otherwise, i think it's perfect

Guest tacchan23
as a matter of fact... I'm using EasyHelper SMS Security right now. it's almost perfect actually. the only problem is, when your partner plays with your device, gets curious about this program and ask for the password... you're screwed :)

otherwise, i think it's perfect

but it allows to change the name of the program itself... not so bad I think, just need to think of a good name nobody will try to launch XD

Guest skoda60
wm6.5:

how can you show the battery icon on the today screen and everywhere else the clock? ( like in wm6.1 and previous versions )

Copy ArielBattery2.exe into Device\windows\Start up floder, run it. It will alway shown the small battery icon on the top left corner, change color to red when Phone on charging. Also set the clock on the task bar as shown in the pic.

ArielBattery2.rar

post-433401-1257848787_thumb.jpg

Edited by skoda60

Guest Tylwith
there is NO eeprom in Omnia II. Looks like somebody grabbed this code from some basic samsung phone service manual.

although this code is available in Omnia II, its action is different.

It formats "My Storage" and then does Hard Reset.

This code is absolutely unnecessary after flash unless you want to just wipe "My Storage"

strange i don't know what the code exactly does, but the behaviour of the phone on the first boot is not exactly the same than after a normal memory formating.

Guest Tranceh
Copy ArielBattery2.exe into Device\windows\Start up floder, run it. It will alway shown the small battery icon on the top left corner, change color to red when Phone on charging. Also set the clock on the task bar as shown in the pic.

Hi,

I've tried Ariel but I can only get battery info, no clock on the task bar. Any idea how to fix this? ps. I'm using Samsung's TouchUI

screen01d.png

Edited by Tranceh

Guest tacchan23
Hi,

I've tried Ariel but I can only get battery info, no clock on the task bar. Any idea how to fix this?

screen01d.png

In the Clock&Alarms settings (3rd Tab), did you select to display the clock in the titlebar?

Some suggestions too: disable WidgetPlus and replace it with some other UI... and most of all remove the Inter wallpaper :) :D :D

Guest Tranceh

Clock&Alarms settings tab? Is this somewhere within Ariel's settings? I don't see this one. Like I said, I use Samsung's Widget Plus not Window's Default.

I personally like the WidgetPlus, even if its a resource hog, so sticking with it for the moment. Same goes for my Inter wallpaper :)

Edited by Tranceh

Guest tacchan23
Clock&Alarms settings tab? Is this somewhere within Ariel's settings? I don't see this one. Like I said, I use Samsung's Widget Plus not Window's Default.

I personally like the WidgetPlus, even if its a resource hog, so sticking with it for the moment. Same goes for my Inter wallpaper :)

To access the Clock&Alarm settings, you have to use WM default Settings. (you can access it even if you use WidgetPlus, but you need to tweak the registry or use the CAB in first page of this thread)

WidgetPlus problems is more the lag than the resource hog... but if it's not so laggy for you, I guess it's ok then:)

Guest ravelcop

wow, ArielBattery is neat... i'm using it right now.

just a thought, i think it's also nice to have a toggle ActiveSync/Mass Storage right from your home screen. or is it possible with SPB MS? coz i tried but didn't have luck

Guest tacchan23
just a thought, i think it's also nice to have a toggle ActiveSync/Mass Storage right from your home screen. or is it possible with SPB MS? coz i tried but didn't have luck

yeah, it would be nice to at least access the USB connection setting page directly... but I couldn't find anything so far:(

Guest mightymouse1045
- SMS security

ZedSoft Sms Organizer v2.71: I didn’t test it yet, but it looks like having many features for hiding (also Whitelist) and filtering SMS as well as backup, auto reply and more.

PIMorganizer v1.0: the UI is really fingerfirendly and good looking. Many features but I had many problems with it and not really sure if it’s actually working… may be worth check for updates.

Hey Tacchan

I think sms organizer and pim organizer have been bought out by another company - so obviously looking like they are going to come out with something big soon.

But yeah I am with you MagiCall - brilliant app and hopefully they will release sms/contact support also. IT just works and so easy to setup

Guest lastethica

guys, sorry if my question is a repost, which csc file suited for indoesia or singapore region? i search the csc file for the reogion category in first page, but couldnt find singapore region.

what i have know is english but all date and browser are ini germany.

thx.

Guest tacchan23
guys, sorry if my question is a repost, which csc file suited for indoesia or singapore region? i search the csc file for the reogion category in first page, but couldnt find singapore region.

what i have know is english but all date and browser are ini germany.

thx.

lol i replied you already in the secany thread^^

there is no specific CSC for asian coutries as the ROMs from Secany are European ROMs.

anyway the language of calendar and similar apps depends on the regional settings

Guest Tranceh
To access the Clock&Alarm settings, you have to use WM default Settings. (you can access it even if you use WidgetPlus, but you need to tweak the registry or use the CAB in first page of this thread)

WidgetPlus problems is more the lag than the resource hog... but if it's not so laggy for you, I guess it's ok then:)

ah cheers, missed that one. Works great now.

Guest lastethica
lol i replied you already in the secany thread^^

there is no specific CSC for asian coutries as the ROMs from Secany are European ROMs.

anyway the language of calendar and similar apps depends on the regional settings

thx!!, thats why i couldnt find singapore region code :)

changed itu to UK setting, since singapore region use mandarin language lol

Guest klausdor
wow, ArielBattery is neat... i'm using it right now.

rigth, it´s nice - till I found batti.

Look for this one and you will love it (freuware - I think a really nice typo and very good "denglish" - NOW: freeware ).

regards

Klaus

Guest tacchan23
Is there a way to enlarge the font in threaded sms in J9? Thanks.......

If you mean in the Samsung Threaded SMS application, I think there is no way to do that. (at leasy that I know of)

Guest grandetot

anyone know how to tweaks the 20 default reciptients for the mms to 30 recieptients, i can't send morethan 20 recieptients in mms... pls help me & tnx in advanced!

Edited by grandetot