Youtube playback quality & performance on Omnia 2 I8000

Guest emperorben

Guest emperorben

Am I the only who thinks that the quality of Youtube playback is below-par?

Samsung Youtube App (i.e. Streaming Player)- Terrible video and audio quality (highly pixelated)

Google Youtube App- very laggy

YoutubePlay- also laggy

So far, only Coreplayer provided decent Youtube playback. But I would rather use the default youtube apps as best as possible.

Is there any settings I need to configure?

• 1 year later...
Guest marce002
Am I the only who thinks that the quality of Youtube playback is below-par?

Samsung Youtube App (i.e. Streaming Player)- Terrible video and audio quality (highly pixelated)

Google Youtube App- very laggy

YoutubePlay- also laggy

So far, only Coreplayer provided decent Youtube playback. But I would rather use the default youtube apps as best as possible.

Is there any settings I need to configure?

I have exactly the same problem!!!! not I'm lying i cant even play decently with coreplayer because i can only choose RTSP .... rest (FLV or H264 etc) does not work... what im doing wrong? really i think amoled screen bla bla bla but youtube playback on omnia 2 extremly sucks

Guest GunnarKarlsson
I have exactly the same problem!!!! not I'm lying i cant even play decently with coreplayer because i can only choose RTSP .... rest (FLV or H264 etc) does not work... what im doing wrong? really i think amoled screen bla bla bla but youtube playback on omnia 2 extremly sucks

yes the youtube quality really screams "It's a two year old device!!!"

I have found that for "just" browsing youtube the app you get from m.google.com works quite well.

(go there using pocket internet explorer, or use the cab below)

Sorry if this is old news but I had quite large problems finding this until I realised that I get different options at m.google.com depending on which browser I went there with.

so just disregard my post in that case.

//Gunnar

YOUTUBE.CAB

Guest marce002

after reading so much about the subject i think "THERE USED TO WORK" but now something happened and we (omnia i8000 users) cannot see high quality youtube videos with coreplayer and with any other software .... am i right? any one could?