09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - Stock T-Mobile Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PatrickGr
Try using "adb shell" then su and run the commands from there.

Thank you! That was my mistake. I typed the commands in the Windows-Command-Box not in the adb-shell.

Now it works perfect!biggrin.gif

Thank you!

Guest rob_turner_uk

I'm a little confused. In the first post it said that it now enables automatic swap. but a little further down the thread it said in red. You must NOT have a swap partition on your SD,

Guest mintfresh

Just tried to go to 1.6 from 1.5 and ended up in a constant reboot cycle. Had to do a nandroid restore to get it working again.

Anything I missed that might have caused this issue? Is it worth trying the update again?

Thanks.

Guest juan1088

Thanks for the Christmas present Paul! :) My brother will be given his Pulse on Christmas Eve, so I'll put this ROM up for him, too. On my Pulse now it works perfectly. Thanks again, in my eyes you're a genius.

Guest mintfresh
I assume you applied the December update as detailed in the post right?

P

Thanks for the reply Paul. I think I may have misunderstood this part. I thought if we had done previous versions that were based on the December update, it was ok to go from them to 1.6.

This is probably were I have gone wrong, will have a read through the first post again and see about doing the december update first.

1.6 update works well so far. Big thanks and thumbs up to all involved, great work.

I have couple of questions however:

- Is there any way to fix Voicemail entry in Settings/Call settings/Voicemail. In original and modified versions the voicemail field just doesn't pull up keyboard thus making it impossible to set.

- Can the left "T-mobile" on screen button be modified in any way? At the moment it points to that awful "My phonebook/My favourites" app, it would be such a perfect place for a normal, regular Contacts or SMS shortcut.

Otherwise than that - couldn't help but notice network name on home screen shows as Telefonica O2 UK Limited, I could have sworn it displayed O2 UK in 1.5? Or was it just me not paying attention?

Thanks Paul, just upgraded!

On first boot I got an error saying application voice recorder was not responding, force close or wait, I waited and it seemed to go away, any idea why this happens? In previous roms I had the same thing with Servo search.

What is the benefit of using ext3/4 over the normal filesystem? More efficient use of space, more error correction, faster, more secure?

Thanks

Guest EvilGazebo
- Is there any way to fix Voicemail entry in Settings/Call settings/Voicemail. In original and modified versions the voicemail field just doesn't pull up keyboard thus making it impossible to set.

Assuming this is the same problem I've had on the stock ROM, it isn't impossible. Just unbelievably fiddly and non intuitive :)

When you get the apparently greyed out number entry field, roll the track ball up and the field will be highlighted (in delightful magenta for me still). Press and hold the menu key and a number pad will appear. Took me a while to figure out.........

Assuming this is the same problem I've had on the stock ROM, it isn't impossible. Just unbelievably fiddly and non intuitive :)

When you get the apparently greyed out number entry field, roll the track ball up and the field will be highlighted (in delightful magenta for me still). Press and hold the menu key and a number pad will appear. Took me a while to figure out.........

The press and hold Menu to get the keyboard works anywhere.

Which keyboard you get is(I think) context sensitive based on what the entry field will accept.

Paul, I've found an issue with this new rom, backup/restore doesn't work!

I used the recovery image to backup my MCR1.6 installation so that I could restore the Dec installation and run a benchmark to see if there was any difference. Once I ran the benchmark I then used the recovery image to restore my MCR1.6 installation, only problem was that when I rebooted afterwards it thought it was a brand new system so came up with the learn how to use the pulse screens (actually learn how to use your MCR 1.6 custom rom, which was amusing to see), but basically all of my previous installed progs and settings were lost from the backup. I've reverted to the stock dec backup for now.

Thanks Paul...

I am new to Modaco... just followed the instructions and I have successfully installed the custom ROM... I can say the performance of the Pulse has improved significantly...it was sluggish earlier...

Many thanks again...

Guest EvilGazebo
The press and hold Menu to get the keyboard works anywhere.

Which keyboard you get is(I think) context sensitive based on what the entry field will accept.

Yes but in this particular Voicemail menu (and only here I think) bringing up the keyboard doesn't get you anywhere as the entry field is not in focus so your text entry goes nowhere. And the only way to get focus on the field is with the trackball, touchscreen won't do it: not a problem in any other field AFAIK.

Yes but in this particular Voicemail menu (and only here I think) bringing up the keyboard doesn't get you anywhere as the entry field is not in focus so your text entry goes nowhere. And the only way to get focus on the field is with the trackball, touchscreen won't do it: not a problem in any other field AFAIK.

Yes, I didn't mean that it was all of the solution in this case :)

My take on it in this case is the real issue is that you can't get focus, rather than you can't open the keyboard.

I've done december update and everything is went ok, but now my mobile is in instat reboot cycle , and a don't know what to do.I tried partition memory card again and installing new superboot but nothing.How to bring him alive ? and is it better to make an ext 3 or ext 4 FS ?

Edited by ViD0

Guest pandinusimp
I've done december update and everything is went ok, but now my mobile is in instat reboot cycle , and a don't know what to do.I tried partition memory card again and installing new superboot but nothing.How to bring him alive ? and is it better to make an ext 3 or ext 4 FS ?

1. ext4 is not supported.

2. What's your system? If it's Windows then you can do this.

2.1. Open install-recovery-windows.bat in an editor and change this:

fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery-RA-pulse-v1.2.3.img

to this:

fastboot-windows.exe boot recovery-RA-pulse-v1.2.3.img

save it.

2.1. Put your device in bootloader mode - turn if off, then tap the powerbutton while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys.

2.2 Start install-recovery-windows.bat. Now your Pulse should load the recovery mode. Now you can install the MoDaCo ROM 1.6.

I hope i could help you.