09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - Stock T-Mobile Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

1. ext4 is not supported.

2. What's your system? If it's Windows then you can do this.

2.1. Open install-recovery-windows.bat in an editor and change this:

fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery-RA-pulse-v1.2.3.img

to this:

fastboot-windows.exe boot recovery-RA-pulse-v1.2.3.img

save it.

2.1. Put your device in bootloader mode - turn if off, then tap the powerbutton while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys.

2.2 Start install-recovery-windows.bat. Now your Pulse should load the recovery mode. Now you can install the MoDaCo ROM 1.6.

I hope i could help you.

I've worked by this tutorial :

1) Put the files Adb and AdbWinApi.dll from the tools folder in the Android SDK into C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder on your PC. Substitute the correct drive letter if windows is not installed on you C: drive

2) Put the Windows Fastboot.exe into the C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder on your PC

3) Create a folder on the C: drive of your PC called android. The path should be C:\Android.

4) Copy the recovery-RA-pulse-v1.5.2.img file to C:\Android (file to be found in the Zip-file)

5) Unplug the USB cord and power off your phone

6) Power up your phone by holding volume+,red button and power

7) Plug the USB cord back into your phone. The screen on your phone should say fastboot.

8) Make sure your pc is using the correct driver. Open the device manager on your pc. It is helpfull to have all other USB storage devices besides your phone unplugged for this part. Look for a USB Mass Storage device in the list of the USB devices. Right click on it and update the driver. Pick the option to browse for a driver on your pc. The driver is located in the Android SDK your downloaded in the folder called usb_driver. If this is done right you will now see a device called HTC Dream

9) Press start, go to run and type cmd (If you are on Vista just type cmd in the search box and hit enter). The command prompt will pop up.

10) Type cd C:\android

11) Type fastboot boot recovery-RA-pulse-v1.5.2.img

12) Now the recovery tool should boot on your phone. From here you can wipe your phone and then install the stock ROM, or one of the custom ROMS

Still thanks man :)

I'm currently running the 1.4 version of the stock T Mobile ROM, and have managed to keep track of developments fairly well - up until this "December Update" malarky which I'm struggling with a little !

Am I right in thinking - if I want to update my 1.4 version Pulse to the latest 1.6 version, I need to install the Dec Update first, and then I can just install the 1.6 ROM in exactly the same way as I originally installed the 1.4 version (and without doing a Device Wipe) ?

Thanks.

I'm currently running the 1.4 version of the stock T Mobile ROM, and have managed to keep track of developments fairly well - up until this "December Update" malarky which I'm struggling with a little !

Am I right in thinking - if I want to update my 1.4 version Pulse to the latest 1.6 version, I need to install the Dec Update first, and then I can just install the 1.6 ROM in exactly the same way as I originally installed the 1.4 version (and without doing a Device Wipe) ?

Thanks.

Yes

Guest Shuflie

You can do a Nandroid backup first, then install the Dec update, then get the recovery image on, restore your backup (which will probably mess up on next boot) and finally do the 1.6 MCR install from the recovery menu. Or if you only need the user data then skip the backup restore and use fastboot to flash just this part of the backup to your phone after the MCR 1.6 update.

Edited by Shuflie

I have succesfully installed the Modaco 1.6 rom but was wondering about the sd card.... I used the 1.5.2 recovery boot image from the other post and used the option Partition sdcard and then Partition SD then swapped ext2 to ext3.... Is this correct? The amount of space says unavailable under the sd settings with in the rom settings.

edit. when connecting to the pc i do not get the option to mount the sd card. nothing comes up in the notifications.

edit 2: solved the issue, created 0Kb swap file, 512mb ext2 and the rest fat32

Edited by twe

Guest yorkshirekev

hi,

I'm running modaco 1.5 custom rom. To upgrade to 1.6 I think I need ro apply the december update. I dont know how best to do this.

Do I need to wipe and install the stock t-mobile rom, then apply the dec update, or can I apply the dec update to the 1.5 rom then the 1.6 upgrade?

Any advise would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers, kev.

Guest DarrellK
hi,

I'm running modaco 1.5 custom rom. To upgrade to 1.6 I think I need ro apply the december update. I dont know how best to do this.

Do I need to wipe and install the stock t-mobile rom, then apply the dec update, or can I apply the dec update to the 1.5 rom then the 1.6 upgrade?

Any advise would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers, kev.

I think that the December update completely replaces whatever was there before, like nothing else was ever on the device. Do a backup first if you need to keep any of your data...

Guest yorkshirekev
I think that the December update completely replaces whatever was there before, like nothing else was ever on the device. Do a backup first if you need to keep any of your data...

I can now confirm that it does indeed wipe the phone. It can also be applied from the settings menu of the modaco 1.5 custom rom.

Guest yorkshirekev

Got 1.6 installed and working. I had a problem the first time round which I thought I'd share just in case it's of help to anyone else.

First I wiped the ext3 partition on my SD card.

Then I applied the December update (which wiped my phone).

Next I installed the RA recovery image and superboot

And finally installed the 1.6 ROM.

After this, I went to the market to er-install my apps. But nothing would install, saying no free storage!

Even worse, superboot would not work because the request fr su just hung.

So, I re-applied the december update to start again. Only this time I installed a couple of apps before applying the 1.6 ROM. My thinking was that there will be something to move to the SD card. I caa't say for sure if this was my problem, but it worked this time! I can now re-install my apps.

Cheers,

Kev.

Guest Dan Mullen
Got 1.6 installed and working. I had a problem the first time round which I thought I'd share just in case it's of help to anyone else.

First I wiped the ext3 partition on my SD card.

Then I applied the December update (which wiped my phone).

Next I installed the RA recovery image and superboot

And finally installed the 1.6 ROM.

After this, I went to the market to er-install my apps. But nothing would install, saying no free storage!

Even worse, superboot would not work because the request fr su just hung.

So, I re-applied the december update to start again. Only this time I installed a couple of apps before applying the 1.6 ROM. My thinking was that there will be something to move to the SD card. I caa't say for sure if this was my problem, but it worked this time! I can now re-install my apps.

Cheers,

Kev.

My brother had the problem of not being able to install apps after flashing MCR. Rebooting to recovery and choosing "repair ext partition" fixed it for him. That said, he has experienced the problem again. Another repair sorted it, but I'd like to know what's going wrong to keep making a repair necessary.

Guest yorkshirekev

I've found a problem with the touchpal keyboard since the 1.6 update. The 'predict next word' feature cannot be disabled. It keeps changing the words even when the option is deselected. I find it really annoying. Anyone else found this? or even better, know of a fix? The only work around I have found so far is to disable prediction altogether.

Cheers,

Kev.

Guest yorkshirekev
My brother had the problem of not being able to install apps after flashing MCR. Rebooting to recovery and choosing "repair ext partition" fixed it for him. That said, he has experienced the problem again. Another repair sorted it, but I'd like to know what's going wrong to keep making a repair necessary.

I found this with 1.5, until I upgraded from ext2 to ext3.

Guest rob_turner_uk

would formate the sd card and then just use ext 3 maybe ext 4 is causing the probs. But if I do that and still cannot get anything from the market then im stuffed. Anyway to downgrade from ext4 to ext3???

Guest starkos
Problem downloading from the market with this update, the apps just hang when trying to download... :-(

Have you tried repairing the sd ext partition from within the Recovery Menu? Pretty sure I had this problem and it worked for me

Edit: When you say hang do you mean the whole phone freezes or it just doesn't go past the starting download message?

Edited by starkos

Guest niko1986
maybe ext 4 is causing the probs.

I think ext4 may be causing some issues, because i had constant problems with it needing to be ext repaired after each shutdown and startup, which thereafter wouldnt load the phone.

It could also be the recovery image, i was on XDA and the older 1.5.1(?) recovery had a bug where it wouldnt actually repair the ext partition and sometimes said to run ext repair through adb. This was supposedly fixed in 1.5.2 but seeing as that recovery image is made specifically for HTC phones perhaps Amon Ra didnt fix this bug in the pulse version of 1.5.2?

Edited by niko1986

Guest Dan Mullen
I think ext4 may be causing some issues, because i had constant problems with it needing to be ext repaired after each shutdown and startup, which thereafter wouldnt load the phone.

It could also be the recovery image, i was on XDA and the older 1.5.1(?) recovery had a bug where it wouldnt actually repair the ext partition and sometimes said to run ext repair through adb. This was supposedly fixed in 1.5.2 but seeing as that recovery image is made specifically for HTC phones perhaps Amon Ra didnt fix this bug in the pulse version of 1.5.2?

My brother had to repair the ext partition on his Pulse on each reboot - he was using ext2. He's converted to ext3 and hasn't had the problem again (yet).

"Repair ext partition" in Amon-RA 1.5.2 definitely works.

Guest llaszlo

Hi.

Happy New Year! :)

I would like change HOME/BACK button's function. I use Panda home app. If long press HOME button the phone go to Pulse home and quit Panda home. Can I modify this button settings or system settings?

Edit:

I try clear default settings in application->manage-> HOME clear default. But if long press HOME button again default the Pulse HOME.

Thanks.

Edited by llaszlo

Guest niko1986
Hi.Happy New Year! I would like change HOME/BACK button's function. I use Panda home app. If long press HOME button the phone go to Pulse home and quit Panda home. Can I modify this button settings or system settings? Thanks.

It should let you specify a default home app, if not try an app called "home switcher"

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&...id.homeswitcher

Edited by niko1986

Guest rob_turner_uk
Have you tried repairing the sd ext partition from within the Recovery Menu? Pretty sure I had this problem and it worked for me

Edit: When you say hang do you mean the whole phone freezes or it just doesn't go past the starting download message?

I just get get the download bar moving but the percentage never goes past 0.

Already tried repairing the ext partition. Had to do it a couple of times on the previous rom edition which always worked.