09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - Stock T-Mobile Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest starkos
I just get get the download bar moving but the percentage never goes past 0.

Already tried repairing the ext partition. Had to do it a couple of times on the previous rom edition which always worked.

Have you installed an app that changes what apps start at boot? This problem happened to me when I stopped the Google Talk app launching at boot. Try starting that app then trying to download again from the market? If that doesn't work i'm not sure mate, good luck

Guest bounty123
Have you installed an app that changes what apps start at boot? This problem happened to me when I stopped the Google Talk app launching at boot. Try starting that app then trying to download again from the market? If that doesn't work i'm not sure mate, good luck

I also got this problem after disabling google talk. I did not realize that, only after some googleing. Market needs google talk, try launching it if Market stalls at the start of the downloads, it solved the problem for me.

Just to make it clear, the stable releases will always be available to everyone, just sneak peeks and dev versions of MCR will be for subscribers. Sounds fair IMHO! ;-)

P

Guest Dalius
Just to make it clear, the stable releases will always be available to everyone, just sneak peeks and dev versions of MCR will be for subscribers. Sounds fair IMHO! ;-)

P

no money,can't download

Guest Jakdaw

Paul,

Keep meaning to sort out a toolchain in order to build a kernel & tools to do USB tethering on the Pulse. Does your MCR kernel just use the source from http://forum.huawei.com/jive4/thread.jspa?...&orderStr=9 or have you updated bits of it, other than just the config?

Teknologist has a nice GIT tree for the Hero sources - do you have something similar for the Pulse?

Cheers!

Guest Jakdaw
I can create a GIT tree for my latest Pulse kernel... when I get a chance... :)

P

It's ironic that the Android modding scene whom are so scathing (justifiably IMHO) about GPL violations by handset manufacturers are not squeaky clean themselves when it comes to their releases. "when I get a chance" is what we hear from HTC/Huawei & the rest whenever they release as product, and really isn't good enough.

(Paul: I do seem to be Paul-bashing today - don't take this as meaning that I don't appreciate your efforts nor rights to either cover-costs or monetize MoDaCo!).

Hmm, I like the sound of it. I might part with my money, goes to a good cause, I guess!

Would there be a chance of the black and purple coloring for the stock ROM?

It's the stock kernel built with a custom config, no code changes to the kernel itself. Not sure if the .config file is covered under the GPL, but just in case, i'll make posting that a priority.

I will still put the whole kernel tree I use on git, only last time I tried to upload to git, it went a bit wrong... :)

P

Guest giryan

I've had a few force closes of apps but having waited and/or restarted a couple of times, it seems fine.

(Thanks Paul)

Edited by giryan

Hmm, I like the sound of it. I might part with my money, goes to a good cause, I guess!

Would there be a chance of the black and purple coloring for the stock ROM?

For the U8230 ROM? As in the standard T-Mo colours? Why not just use the T-Mo ROM?

P

For the U8230 ROM? As in the standard T-Mo colours? Why not just use the T-Mo ROM?

P

The home in the T-Mobile ROM is slower(much more annoying to use), at least for me, and I don't need the contacts spinner thing, I also like the stock music player :)

The Stock ROM is quicker too, etc.

Don't go to any hassle, I just thought it would be a quick kinda mod.

You could try copying the /system/framework/framework-res.apk from the T-Mo ROM to the U8230 ROM, that might well do the trick... backup first obviously! :)

P

You could try copying the /system/framework/framework-res.apk from the T-Mo ROM to the U8230 ROM, that might well do the trick... backup first obviously! :)

P

sounds good, thanks ;)

Don't mind me asking...:)

But is there a chance of specifing the details on the new build process if it turns out ok?

Yeah, of course, makes sense for everyone to use it if it works out well. I'll need to tidy it up a bit tho, it's about 7 different shell scripts calling each other atm, lol!

P