09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - Stock T-Mobile Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest helikopter
my question will sound stupid but does that works on HUAWEI U8230 sold in EU ...

the rom is based on the french (bouygues telecom) version of u8230 and most of us here are writing from inside the EU, so the answer is yes. :)

RC1 uploaded.

Changelog

RC1

Fixed issues reported with Beta 4.

Titanium Backup is now in ROM. This can backup / restore your apps AND re-link them back to the market!

Built using latest optimisation script.

P

Guest giryan
RC1 uploaded.

Changelog

RC1

Fixed issues reported with Beta 4.

Titanium Backup is now in ROM. This can backup / restore your apps AND re-link them back to the market!

Built using latest optimisation script.

P

That's great news, thanks :)

Just need to update my backups, and I'll install/wipe etc... when I get home from work B)

Or get rid of the ext partition, which is what I've done.

Isn't that required for installing the apps into? The only reason I'm interested in using a Custom ROM is top have the apps installed to SD card rather than phone memory.

Guest giryan
Isn't that required for installing the apps into? The only reason I'm interested in using a Custom ROM is top have the apps installed to SD card rather than phone memory.

Well it depends really, yes, if you want to use ap2sd then you do need an ext partition for them all to go on :)

However if you're happ with "just" a faster ROM, then not having the ext partition's not all that bad, it all still works B)

Edited by giryan

Guest Dan Mullen
That's great news, thanks :)

Just need to update my backups, and I'll install/wipe etc... when I get home from work B)

If you're already on the 8230 ROM v1.2, do you need to wipe when upgrading to the beta/RC?

Well it depends really, yes, if you want to use ap2sd then you do need an ext partition for them all to go on :)

However if you're happ with "just" a faster ROM, then not having the ext partition's not all that bad, it all still works B)

So just format it as one big partition?

I get force close messages on both my t-mobile pulses with this custom rom.... Both have ext4... The odd time I have had to repair that partition too.... Have you had any force closed messages? Thanks.

Guest giryan
If you're already on the 8230 ROM v1.2, do you need to wipe when upgrading to the beta/RC?

I hadn't but between beta 2 and beta 3 I didn't wipe and gained a Force Close of Java every time the phone booted.

So I figure, at least with the betas it's worth the extra effort, with Titanium Backup it's not actually that much trouble, as almost all of the settings I could chose are backed up :)

Guest giryan
So just format it as one big partition?

I get force close messages on both my t-mobile pulses with this custom rom.... Both have ext4... The odd time I have had to repair that partition too.... Have you had any force closed messages? Thanks.

All I did was delete the 512MB ext partition that I had, so I've just got some unpartitioned space, I figure once the app2sd is sorted I'll just re-create it :)

I'm currently using the 1.7 beta ROMs rather than this one. I don't get and force closes now though.

The one time I was a wipe fixed it. (don't forget to back up first B) )

Guest flip360

hello all,

i have the pulse also with the 1.1 custom rom and all is working great but from reading things in this thread i also wonder: when will the 1.7 ROM be available public? would gladly donate to test the ROM out but unfortunately my country doesnt have paypal and that sort of payment yet :)

thanks ALOT man,

cheers

Guest Richard_Arkless
hello all,

i have the pulse also with the 1.1 custom rom and all is working great but from reading things in this thread i also wonder: when will the 1.7 ROM be available public? would gladly donate to test the ROM out but unfortunately my country doesnt have paypal and that sort of payment yet :)

thanks ALOT man,

cheers

It will be ready when Paul thinks its ready, we don't want him to rush development and end up messing up our phone or there being so many problems with it do we. BE PATIENT and let it play out in its own course

maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, maybe next month, there is no answer to something like this

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest flip360

i am not rushing anyone, anywhere. where did you read that? if i could i would gladly donate so...it was just a simple question regarding the Release Candidate :)

Guest le_lutin
i am not rushing anyone, anywhere. where did you read that? if i could i would gladly donate so...it was just a simple question regarding the Release Candidate :)

The release date is not yet known.

Guest klutsh

Only thing I can think of with the u8230 version, is maybe set it up as English as default, and add the launch wizard back in for the final release.

Also for both rom's could you possibly add e2fsck to auto run on boot, or auto run when the SD-Card is remounted, I've noticed that a check is run on the SD-Cards FAT32 partition before they get remounted.

Guest Shuflie
Assume it's all good for everyone then? :)

P

I had a bit of a problem yesterday, wasn't able to make calls with my O2 SIM. When I dialed a number it just went straight to call failed despite showing 3 or 4 bars. I switched on and off airplane mode and it wouldn't register on the network until I rebooted the phone. Not sure if it was a phone or network problem, but I had my Giffgaff SIM (which uses the O2 network) in my Diamond II and it had no problem making calls at the same time.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I still got force closes for java, ended up uninstalling the java application but haven't noticed any java related problems so far. The java framework still seems to be there so I'm not entirely sure what the application was meant to be doing for me.

Edited by Shuflie

touch tone not working when i phone answer machine so cant her messages. Not sure if it worked before i put RC1 on, can anyone help.

Same for me I'm unable to select a call center option during a call. Eg press 1 for a billing enquiry, press 2.......