09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - Stock T-Mobile Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest stupidm4n
Touch tones are working fine for me on the u8230 version.

im running same version still cant get it working phones makes the tone sound,its just its not reckonised

Guest Richard_Arkless
Have you got it set to make tones when you press the dialler buttons? Check in Settings.

I had this problem a while back in the official tmobile rom, what solved it was, straight after I pressed the ring button, I kept on pressing the volume up button and that worked

Guest stupidm4n
Have you got it set to make tones when you press the dialler buttons? Check in Settings.

Yeah its set on in settings but is there a setting for dtmf tones

I had a bit of a problem yesterday, wasn't able to make calls with my O2 SIM. When I dialed a number it just went straight to call failed despite showing 3 or 4 bars. I switched on and off airplane mode and it wouldn't register on the network until I rebooted the phone. Not sure if it was a phone or network problem, but I had my Giffgaff SIM (which uses the O2 network) in my Diamond II and it had no problem making calls at the same time.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I still got force closes for java, ended up uninstalling the java application but haven't noticed any java related problems so far. The java framework still seems to be there so I'm not entirely sure what the application was meant to be doing for me.

I was getting Force cloases with Java, until I wiped, all has been fine since then.

Download updated!

Changelog

- Built with my new MCR build process which reduces size and boost speed of the ROM

- Updated Busybox - ROM is now compatible with Droid Explorer

- Changed display of SSH password so it is no longer sucked into the user agent

- ROM is now fully odex'd - this will shrink your dalvik-cache, improve performance and generally make the world a happier place

- Titanium Backup is now in ROM. This can backup / restore your apps AND re-link them back to the market!

Enjoy! :)

P

Download updated!

Changelog

- Built with my new MCR build process which reduces size and boost speed of the ROM

- Updated Busybox - ROM is now compatible with Droid Explorer

- Changed display of SSH password so it is no longer sucked into the user agent

- ROM is now fully odex'd - this will shrink your dalvik-cache, improve performance and generally make the world a happier place

- Titanium Backup is now in ROM. This can backup / restore your apps AND re-link them back to the market!

Enjoy! :)

P

Yay! Thanks Paul ;)

I'm guessing you're making a 8230 vanilla version too? (Pretty please B) )

Edit: Hurrah! ;) (I was just posting too quickly as it's up now B) )

Edited by giryan

Guest murph_ne
What do you have to do when it says ' REBOOT Required' in the info section, and you've rebooted a few times?

This happened to me. I just did a wipe and re-installed. Not too much of a chore if you back everything up using titanium backup. The only thing I lost was my homescreen layout but thats easily fixed.

This happened to me. I just did a wipe and re-installed. Not too much of a chore if you back everything up using titanium backup. The only thing I lost was my homescreen layout but thats easily fixed.

You can back up your Home with Titanium, just be sure to restore it after you've restored any widgets, and to reboot once you've restored it :)

(it doesn't save the wallpaper, but icon layout etc... does get saved)

Guest mintfresh

Thanks, will have to look into this backup. I thought there was a file that could be deleted though if this happened?

Guest blaze23
Thanks, will have to look into this backup. I thought there was a file that could be deleted though if this happened?

yes there is, download es file explorer from the market, use the root mode in seetings, and then navigate to data/dropbear and delete the passwd file. then rebbot your phone and the message should be gone.

paul did post this solution, but admittedly that was about 7 pages back!

Edited by blaze23

Guest Zsolabola

Hi

I have a problem, with the Superuser permission app

I use this ROM 1.7 T-mob style, and every time I try to run the app it shows only a black sreen, with the title superuser permissions, and nothing else.

I can quit wit red but I cannot run the quickboot, or the titanium backup because it runs the superuser app, and then nothing.

Could you please help me?

Thanks

Br Zsolabola

This ROM is fantastic it is so fast

Thanks Paul !

Edited by Zsolabola

whoooa :) me low on money rigth now :)

Paul could you do one for the U8230 Vanilla Style or like add a check box for it :) that be good :) because it's the one I use the most.

hmmm where did the sense ui go :) lol

edit: and WaveSecure ......

Edited by phucte