09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - Stock T-Mobile Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pandinusimp
rjm2k, I wonder, i'll have a look at the build dates.

P

That's a new Software Update for germany.

My Handy

Edit: That's the same update like in the UK. That's the update if you forget your password. It's not 1.6.

Edited by pandinusimp

Yeah, the file inside is dated the 27th November which is (I think) when that t-mob -b update came out.

although that didn't change the rev number on the device.

Guest pandinusimp
Howto change root/ssh passwd?

# passwd root

passwd: unknown uid 0

Is this done in the adb shell or terminal on the PC? Thanks!

Edited by pandinusimp

Guest llaszlo
Is this done in the adb shell or terminal on the PC? Thanks!

I type "su" and "passwd root" on my phone in the Better Terminal app.

Edited by llaszlo

Guest Glasgow_Gio

Hi guys,

Just bought a PAYG Pulse and i'm looking to make it the best it can be. I found this site and fancy the idea of rooting it.

Now this is where i get a bit out of my depth and all the chat in here is a bit over my head although i am trying to learn it.

So i'm pleading with one of you to write me an idiots guide to how i can root my pulse.

I have tried to follow the instruction on here and i can't seem to get superboot to load. In fact when my phone is in usb mode and i try to power off - it just restarts and i dont seem to be able to put it back into bootlogger mode.

HELP.

Guest beshmeee
I type "su" and "passwd root" on my phone in the Better Terminal app.

Help?!

Just flashed this rom and my pulse now seems to have reverted back to the TMO pink colour scheme and will not get further than a recurring error message saying 'Sorry, The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

How far back do I have to go - do I have to manualy install a fresh rom?

I can't get back to my Nandroid backups or anything?

I'm on mac and managed to get the original superboot and recovery images loaded via terminal, which I have done again, but still can;t get to them as I basically cant even get to the apps or even the main screen.

I'm guessing I have to load a ROM via terminal - and I am a little inexperienced at this, can anyone advise on how this should be done. I have downloaded all of the .zip files including the update-pulse-stock one. I have all the Nandroid backups as well. is it possible to to the equivalent of a Nandroid restore from terminal?

Hope somebody can help!?!?

Update, now my phone loads, looks like the old TMO ROM, gets as far as the swipe screen and then restarts, or if I swipe it does the initialising SIM circle and then restarts.

Is this phone bricked? Did I update in the wrong way? - I did Nandroid BU, then loaded the zip from the SD card as usual. Previously had 1.1 kernel and 1.3ROM on the phone - all was working fine then.

Cheers, B.

Edited by beshmeee

Guest Shuflie
Help?!

Just flashed this rom and my pulse now seems to have reverted back to the TMO pink colour scheme and will not get further than a recurring error message saying 'Sorry, The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

How far back do I have to go - do I have to manualy install a fresh rom?

I can't get back to my Nandroid backups or anything?

I'm on mac and managed to get the original superboot and recovery images loaded via terminal, which I have done again, but still can;t get to them as I basically cant even get to the apps or even the main screen.

I'm guessing I have to load a ROM via terminal - and I am a little inexperienced at this, can anyone advise on how this should be done. I have downloaded all of the .zip files including the update-pulse-stock one. I have all the Nandroid backups as well. is it possible to to the equivalent of a Nandroid restore from terminal?

Hope somebody can help!?!?

Update, now my phone loads, looks like the old TMO ROM, gets as far as the swipe screen and then restarts, or if I swipe it does the initialising SIM circle and then restarts.

Is this phone bricked? Did I update in the wrong way? - I did Nandroid BU, then loaded the zip from the SD card as usual. Previously had 1.1 kernel and 1.3ROM on the phone - all was working fine then.

Cheers, B.

Connect to USB

From terminal shell on mac run ./adb shell (adb has to be in current folder)

from adb shell prompt type reboot recovery

Hope this works for you.

Guest beshmeee
Connect to USB

From terminal shell on mac run ./adb shell (adb has to be in current folder)

from adb shell prompt type reboot recovery

Hope this works for you.

Thanks Paul

very naive question, but where do I get adb, I ended up downloading eclipse - and just stared at the screen feeling very overwhelmed!

B.

where do I get adb

it's on the t-mobile (business card sized) CD that came with the phone...in the tools folder.

you'll also need to install the drivers from the CD when you plug your phone into your USB port.

Guest Shuflie
Thanks Paul

very naive question, but where do I get adb, I ended up downloading eclipse - and just stared at the screen feeling very overwhelmed!

B.

I downloaded the Android SDK for OS X to get it, but I think Paul has attached it in a post somewhere, I'll attach it here to save you having to trawl through everything to find it, just unzip it and follow the instructions I gave earlier.

EDIT: Didn't realise it was on the CD, not that it would be much use to you if you have a mac since they pretty much all have slot loader drives now. Its an intel only binary though so if you're on an older mac then its not going to be much use to you, either find someone with a newer one or use the adb from the CD on a PC.

adb.zip

Edited by Shuflie

Guest beshmeee
I downloaded the Android SDK for OS X to get it, but I think Paul has attached it in a post somewhere, I'll attach it here to save you having to trawl through everything to find it, just unzip it and follow the instructions I gave earlier.

EDIT: Didn't realise it was on the CD, not that it would be much use to you if you have a mac since they pretty much all have slot loader drives now. Its an intel only binary though so if you're on an older mac then its not going to be much use to you, either find someone with a newer one or use the adb from the CD on a PC.

Well that seemed to work, running reboot now after Nandroid restore.

If it works, I now know what to do next time (and if only I had hold of adb before!!!)

YESSS! it worked - thanks guys(Shuffle particularly!)

so, I'll try it again to see what happens this time....

Cheers, B.

Guest beshmeee

Cheers, B.

Well, same thing happened again, reverts back to what looks like a completely non-functional TMO rom - tap android at bootup, set up google account, etc, etc, same as last time.

Do I need to wipe before uploading the 1.4.1 ROM.

Current system is MCR1.3 and MCK1.1.

Also I noticed that in every ROM i've installed the very first activity on screen I see after a boot is 'T-Mobile' logo centre screen before it flips to the android then anumated android screens - is this what I should be seeing?

Cheers, B.

Edited by beshmeee

Guest beshmeee
Well that seemed to work, running reboot now after Nandroid restore.

If it works, I now know what to do next time (and if only I had hold of adb before!!!)

YESSS! it worked - thanks guys(Shuffle particularly!)

Cheers, B.

Tried wipe, then loaded 1.4.1 - same thing happened, gone back a few roms, then on to 1.4.1, same thing.

I'm clearly missing something here?

Updated to lated Amon-RA recovery 1.5.1, still no joy.

Any ideas why I cannot get 1.4.1 onto my device?

Cheers, B.

Guest beshmeee
Well, same thing happened again, reverts back to what looks like a completely non-functional TMO rom - tap android at bootup, set up google account, etc, etc, same as last time.

Do I need to wipe before uploading the 1.4.1 ROM.

Current system is MCR1.3 and MCK1.1.

Also I noticed that in every ROM i've installed the very first activity on screen I see after a boot is 'T-Mobile' logo centre screen before it flips to the android then anumated android screens - is this what I should be seeing?

Cheers, B.

correction, I'm on MCR U8230 Edition 1.1 (says reboot required) and MCK 1.1.

Still, should 1.4.1 sit on top if this? (2.6.27-perfroot@paul-mck-1-1)?

Cheers, B.

Guest PatrykJP19

Can someone help please?

I am trying to install this custom ROM but no effect.

Where on SD Card I should put downloaded custom ROM?

What I have to do when I have done above?

I have rooted my device and installed Amon RA's recovery image.

Please help can someone help me how to do this step by step?

Thanks

Edit: a video tutorial would be great for newbies like me (just a suggestion)

Edited by PatrykJP19

Guest beshmeee
correction, I'm on MCR U8230 Edition 1.1 (says reboot required) and MCK 1.1.

Still, should 1.4.1 sit on top if this? (2.6.27-perfroot@paul-mck-1-1)?

Cheers, B.

Was just about to write I cannot get 1.4.1 on my pulse - no matter what I try, when I went back to an old Nandroid backup with MCR 1.1 or 1.2 on it, then did the update from there.

IT SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED!!!

One app seems to be misbehaving with regards to exchange sync - we'll see what happens there.

I have all the T-Mobile 'purpleness' about the phone again - is this to be expected? Also the resizable desktop (which I actually liked alot!).

Cheers, B.