Data connection, Auto connecting

have just noticed that Data connections is auto connecting, and I do not know what is triggering it to connect automatically, I am afraid that I may be charged by my operator and get shocked when my bill comes. does anybody experience this? is there a solution to this? Thanks in advance.

Guest stibbzy
have just noticed that Data connections is auto connecting, and I do not know what is triggering it to connect automatically, I am afraid that I may be charged by my operator and get shocked when my bill comes. does anybody experience this? is there a solution to this? Thanks in advance.

i would also love to know how to stop this. on symbian phones, every time a data connection is required, it will pop up a window asking you to select umts or wifi, even if wifi is turned off. on my omnia 2, if i have wifi turned off it will just automatically use umts, or if i have wifi turned on it will just automatically use that. it would be nice if it asked me what connection to use if i accidentally have wifi turned off.

here in australia, data charges are terribly expensive unless u r on a large cap... (like $5 a MB)

here in australia, data charges are terribly expensive unless u r on a large cap... (like $5 a MB)

Ouuuuchhhh... Here in Poland we have about 1.2USD a MB with 2GB free and its one of the worst offerin EU.

Guest stibbzy
Just found this small app on which you can toggle on/off the data connection.

Thanks for your efforts, but unfortunately that utility is not quite the solution I was after. It would be ideal if, whenever a data connection is required, if winmo would pop up a window asking which network to use... If there was no WIFI connection available and only a GPRS/UMTS connection, at least it would ask if I wanted to use that or not. Oh well, wait and see :D

Guest dgmorland
Thanks for your efforts, but unfortunately that utility is not quite the solution I was after. It would be ideal if, whenever a data connection is required, if winmo would pop up a window asking which network to use... If there was no WIFI connection available and only a GPRS/UMTS connection, at least it would ask if I wanted to use that or not. Oh well, wait and see :D

Yes, this feature from Symbian would be a useful one to have on Windows Mobile rather than having to disable the connection completely and re-enable when you want to use an app that you will allow to use GPRS connection.