Pulse - glitches?

Guest Pulseowner

Guest Pyrazol

Interesting. In my forum I'd say it's more like 30:70. 30 % work, 70 don't. Plus I've only recently gotten reports of working barcode scanners, but that might all be subjective of course. Anyway, I'm really hoping for a software update now that Huawei has acknowledged the problem. :)

On my first Pulse no Barcode-Scanners were working.

But with the new device (the old one had an display issue) every Barcode Scanner works out fine.

strange... :)

Same here. I sent them some T Mobile contact details to help out.

Whats your Kernel? Mine is 2.6.27-perf huawei@AndroidDev #1

I'm wondering if we've got an early version of the phone.

Hi, would it be an idea to email those contacts about the external speaker switching on when using bluetooth stereo headphones?

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...er-switches-on/

Guest helikopter
Hi, would it be an idea to email those contacts about the external speaker switching on when using bluetooth stereo headphones?

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...er-switches-on/

and there's also the headphone adapter issue discussed in another topic. it would be great if with a software update they could fix all these bugs. then this would be the perfect device for me.

by the way, barcode scanner apps not working for me either. i tried both beetagg and barcode scanner from zxing team. i haven't tried shopsavvy but i'm quite shure that the outcome would be the same.

There are definitely different models with different revision numbers out there on the market. I got my replacement pulse today from t-mobile germany after I gave my old pulse back cause of an camera issue. I had lines throughout taken pictures. The replacement works well. Very interesting is, that the Barcodescanner and Shop Savvy work now. By the way, the quality of the speaker is far better too.

Guest Pyrazol
By the way, the quality of the speaker is far better too.

Interesting, but also a bit disappointing. In what way is the speaker better now?

Oh, and did you get an entirely new handset or is it a refurbished kind of thing? I heard that they do that sometimes with exchanged handsets, I've had a lot of G1 owners tell me that...

Guest demusss

I gave the details of my phone (IMEI & stuff) to the Shop Savvy guys who passed it onto the Huawei people. Apparently I have an old version of the phone.

I'm going to try and get it swapped tonight.

I've noticed something else thats a bit weird aswell that also could have been fixed on the new versions.

I gave the details of my phone (IMEI & stuff) to the Shop Savvy guys who passed it onto the Huawei people. Apparently I have an old version of the phone.

I'm going to try and get it swapped tonight.

I've noticed something else thats a bit weird aswell that also could have been fixed on the new versions.

Hmmm interesting, wonder if there is any markings/serial numbers that would show a difference in hardware builds.

If anyone changes them over would be interesting to see if we can find out.

Guest kristijan_mk

Hi all,

I bought my Pulse from T-Mobile Macedonia and at the beginning the Bar code scanner didn't work, but after the update (of the app) works just fine. The phone is not rooted.

Anyway I have another, lets called it a problem... twice in the last 5 days my phone shuts down during night. Battery is not empty, actually the second time it was on charger. Both times the phone didn't wanted to start the normal way (i had to pull out the battery). After that everything is normal.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Is this actually a problem? (besides getting me late twice for work :) )

Guest demusss
received my Pulse today (ordered from T-Mobile UK website), no barcode app works for me either. Little disappointed...

Send the phone back and ask for another one. Shop Savvy should work. Its on T Mobiles adverts for the Pulse.

Guest racingclub
Send the phone back and ask for another one. Shop Savvy should work. Its on T Mobiles adverts for the Pulse.

I probably should, but thats a lot of hassle. Everything else seems to be ok at the moment.

Anyway, it sounds almost as likely as I would get another non-ShopS one back?

Guest Pyrazol
I probably should, but thats a lot of hassle. Everything else seems to be ok at the moment.

Anyway, it sounds almost as likely as I would get another non-ShopS one back?

Kinda, yeah. If you'll get a working one is anyones guess. I'm thinking about switching to another phone. At least I'm sure I won't get a branded phone again.

Guest demusss

Latest news from Shop Savvy

"Great news! The manufacturer has been working to determine what this issue was. It looks like a software issue that can be fixed with an update. They are working on it now, but we have confirmation that there WILL be a fix soon. "

Guest soren90

Here's an interim fix for the barcode app glitch using a "high-tech jump start" approach:

- start your barcode app

- take a flashlight and shine the light directly into the camera lens until you hear the focus mechanics work

Voila! You should now see a picture on the display and the barcode app should work! Unfortunately you might have to repeat this jump start each time you start the barcode app.

Edited by soren90

Guest racingclub

just been trying new apps in the Market.

'Layar' works well and accesses my camera fine. This surprised me, as I expected it to have an issue a la ShopS.

I'm sure this should be able to be fixed in software.

Guest McSpoon
I'm sure this should be able to be fixed in software.

I hope so. It would be much more reassuring if T-Mobile could confirm there will be software fix. I don't want to have to return it for another unless it really is broken.

The camera API seems to be ok and the CameraPreview example in the Android SDK ApiDemos runs fine but Barcode Scanner and Shop Savvy doesn't.

I can't get the flashlight trick to work for me. Has anybody had any success with that?

Guest Pyrazol
I hope so. It would be much more reassuring if T-Mobile could confirm there will be software fix. I don't want to have to return it for another unless it really is broken.

The camera API seems to be ok and the CameraPreview example in the Android SDK ApiDemos runs fine but Barcode Scanner and Shop Savvy doesn't.

I can't get the flashlight trick to work for me. Has anybody had any success with that?

I can't think of anyone so far for whom this solution hasn't been working. Is the flashlight bright enough? I have to almost touch the camera with the flashlight AND wait a few seconds for the camera to activate. :)

Guest McSpoon
I can't think of anyone so far for whom this solution hasn't been working. Is the flashlight bright enough? I have to almost touch the camera with the flashlight AND wait a few seconds for the camera to activate. :)

Ah, you're correct, it does work!! My flashlight wasn't bright enough. I just tried with a desk lamp and that worked! Cool. I'm intrigued as to why that fixes it.

Guest Evil Kaz
any one noticed that their phone rings, but the screen remains blank and doesnt tell you whose ringing?

Mine doesn't do that, even if its a withheld number it will still state Unknown Caller. Im using the Modaco custom ROM, if that helps.