I8000 NFS Undercover

Guest GinKage

Hm, now I get it, why you said my lib runs like a software emulation...

It was because THIS cab uses software emulation, with an NVIDIA's libGLES_CM.dll (not mine). Well, that explains a lot.

Hm, now I get it, why you said my lib runs like a software emulation...

It was because THIS cab uses software emulation, with an NVIDIA's libGLES_CM.dll (not mine). Well, that explains a lot.

hmm.. it definately uses OGL HW acceleration. I don't think that FXes can be done by software with framerate more than 1fps :D

Guest GinKage
hmm.. it definately uses OGL HW acceleration. I don't think that FXes can be done by software with framerate more than 1fps :D

What makes you think so? Omnia 2 has a 800 MHz CPU, so it's more than possible.

The dll included isn't even loadable, as our device lacks libGFsdk it uses. And the file resources-sw.dz clearly states a software emulation with NFS's own software engine (which was used even on the first Omnia).

Try deleting the dll, and then run agan. You'll be surprised, but it will still work. :P

What makes you think so? Omnia 2 has a 800 MHz CPU, so it's more than possible.

The dll included isn't even loadable, as our device lacks libGFsdk it uses. And the file resources-sw.dz clearly states a software emulation with NFS's own software engine (which was used even on the first Omnia).

Try deleting the dll, and then run agan. You'll be surprised, but it will still work. :D

So, this means you havent know that omnia 2 has hw vga accelerator next to the processor? (read at samsung.com)

This nfs is full hw accelerated, it wont work without this library. Check its process details, you can find the libraries, thats why it need to be there, case with your booster it does not work yet.

Continue your development! Ive just shared these games here, I wont share any opengl library for omnia 2, its your business, dont worry!

Edited by taril

right.. you even can delete libGLES_CM.dll from game folder and game will still able to work as before.

Well, at least i'm surprised that software FX on O2 is so fast..

but game is useless since it can't be switched to landscape mode. prtrait mode for racing games is not suiatable.

Edited by sorg

right.. you even can delete libGLES_CM.dll from game folder and game will still able to work as before.

Well, at least i'm surprised that software FX on O2 is so fast..

but game is useless since it can't be switched to landscape mode. prtrait mode for racing games is not suiatable.

Just use the posted motion sensor (screen rotator) app here in i8000 forum.

With i900 this game rocls too! :D :P ;)

Guest GinKage
So, this means you havent know that omnia 2 has hw vga accelerator next to the processor? (read at samsung.com)

That's irrelevant. HW accelerator is not used in this version of the game.

This nfs is full hw accelerated, it wont work without this library. Check its process details, you can find the libraries, thats why it need to be there, case with your booster it does not work yet.

Again. libGLES is not needed at all to run this app. It is NOT HW accelerated. DELETE the dll, RUN the game. It will work OK. Check your info before you post.

Continue your development! Ive just shared these games here, I wont share any opengl library for omnia 2, its your business, dont worry!

I only worry about your wrong info. :D

Guest bluhound
Isn't that mean when you delete DLL file , game will not use your HW acceleration?

It means that if you delete the DLL files in the game folder, you will use GinKage's DLL, which uses Omnia II's HW chip.

Guest AndrewTan

After few test, and from the graphics quality, I believe this game is running via software mode (800Mhz is capable of it) as no needed of libGLES_CM.dll, you can simply delete this file and it still work.

This game won't use Ginkage libGLES_CM.dll as well as if you replace the original libGLES_CM.dll with Ginkage one, the game will just only appear the EA logo and then quit by itself.

I believe as what Ginkage said, the game do detect the libGLES_CM.dll but original one is build for Nvidia engine, and so it won't use it. When replacing with Ginkage libGLES_CM.dll, it detect and try to use it but due to some issue on it, so it quit.

Overall what I want to said is this game is running in software mode for I8000 device at the moment unless a pure libGLES_CM.dll which is fully functioning has been make.

Guest Guizmox

It's not HW-accelerated because there is no bilinear (or trilinear) filtering ... I used to play it on my Diamond, and HW version was using this texture-filtering method.

Just use the posted motion sensor (screen rotator) app here in i8000 forum.

With i900 this game rocls too! :D :P ;)

tell me which exactly screen rotation application yo're using.

I tried standard windows rotation function assigned to button - game just go to backgound as i try to turn screen. If i switch back to the game - it's still in portrait mode. Also tried to run game from landscape mode of start menu - game starts in portrait mode.

So, game just stick to portrait mode.

Guest tacchan23
tell me which exactly screen rotation application yo're using.

I tried standard windows rotation function assigned to button - game just go to backgound as i try to turn screen. If i switch back to the game - it's still in portrait mode. Also tried to run game from landscape mode of start menu - game starts in portrait mode.

So, game just stick to portrait mode.

I think he means this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...orotation-v1-1/

(not that I tested myself, just a guess)