Need help, the "slide to accept phone call" function disapeared

Guest Wilson@China

Guest Wilson@China

I didn't notice what software I installed or what modification I made but the "Slide to accept phone call" interface was gone. Now the incoming call will trig out the tridational WM squre window and it's very easy to click the "reject" button when I pick out from the pocket. Searched a round but no clue. Any mate knows how to recover it?

Thanks in advance, Wilson

I didn't notice what software I installed or what modification I made but the "Slide to accept phone call" interface was gone. Now the incoming call will trig out the tridational WM squre window and it's very easy to click the "reject" button when I pick out from the pocket. Searched a round but no clue. Any mate knows how to recover it?

Thanks in advance, Wilson

hard reset is the only way, i think.

Guest Wilson@China
if u r using wm6.5, slide to answer is part of wm6.5 lockscreen

u will need to enable tt for tt function to work

else u could use s2u2

Yes, I am using WM6.5, but what's tt stands for? Sorry I am not so clear.

Guest AndrewTan

Try goto Settings --> Display and Light --> Lock Screen

Make sure the Lock when device is woken up is on. (select)

** the slide to answer only working if your screen is lock under WM 6.5

Guest Wilson@China
Try goto Settings --> Display and Light --> Lock Screen

Make sure the Lock when device is woken up is on. (select)

** the slide to answer only working if your screen is lock under WM 6.5

Andrwe, thanks for your input. I double confirmed the setting as per your stated, it's "Enabled" but the slide to answer still not functioning. Could you give more hints?

BTW, I am using WM6.5 Chinese Simplified Version. And I am sure it's functioning before I did some registry tweak.

Guest AndrewTan
Andrwe, thanks for your input. I double confirmed the setting as per your stated, it's "Enabled" but the slide to answer still not functioning. Could you give more hints?

BTW, I am using WM6.5 Chinese Simplified Version. And I am sure it's functioning before I did some registry tweak.

Oh! as I know the WM 6.5 Chinese Simplified Version don't have such option (during my testing, it don't have).

As you said using registry tweak, how about try check again whether it still there or not.

That Chinese Simplified version is buggy, suggest you change it to IJX6 (but is english version) You can type so well in english, I don't think you will have problem using english version.

Guest Wilson@China
Oh! as I know the WM 6.5 Chinese Simplified Version don't have such option (during my testing, it don't have).

As you said using registry tweak, how about try check again whether it still there or not.

That Chinese Simplified version is buggy, suggest you change it to IJX6 (but is english version) You can type so well in english, I don't think you will have problem using english version.

Hi, Andrew

I was downgraded from J6 to this Chinese version I1. The major reason is the available RAM and memory leakage issue. Usually the English version ROM will occupy much less RAM than other languages, but the J6 reserved more memory than Chinese version. I checked in the Windows folder, more of the applications using the MUI file for English. So I believe the original system is not English but other languages. But Chi version use much less MUI files so can give more free RAM. Moreover, I found the memory leakage of Chi version is also slighter than J6. Also the Chi version support the contact search in Pinyin for those chinese words directly. So I used a couples of week J6 then decided to downgrade back.

Back to the topic, I have the same thinking as yours when I flashed it the first time (before J3 version time), I never found the slide to answer function. But a few days ago, it functioned very well for the incoming calls (like the J6 doing). After some tweaks (by SKtools or Registry Editor), it disappeared and can't come back again. Since it's managed to get work, so have no clue how to enable it again. Some mates in Kingmobile also confirmed that the function is there.

Guest AndrewTan
Hi, Andrew

I was downgraded from J6 to this Chinese version I1. The major reason is the available RAM and memory leakage issue. Usually the English version ROM will occupy much less RAM than other languages, but the J6 reserved more memory than Chinese version. I checked in the Windows folder, more of the applications using the MUI file for English. So I believe the original system is not English but other languages. But Chi version use much less MUI files so can give more free RAM. Moreover, I found the memory leakage of Chi version is also slighter than J6. Also the Chi version support the contact search in Pinyin for those chinese words directly. So I used a couples of week J6 then decided to downgrade back.

Back to the topic, I have the same thinking as yours when I flashed it the first time (before J3 version time), I never found the slide to answer function. But a few days ago, it functioned very well for the incoming calls (like the J6 doing). After some tweaks (by SKtools or Registry Editor), it disappeared and can't come back again. Since it's managed to get work, so have no clue how to enable it again. Some mates in Kingmobile also confirmed that the function is there.

Then I no idea about that, I already give up I1 and won't going back. Really sorry can't help much. I never do any tweak to let it appear in J6.

Guest Wilson@China
Then I no idea about that, I already give up I1 and won't going back. Really sorry can't help much. I never do any tweak to let it appear in J6.

Thanks anyway. BTW, I was staying in Malaysia for almost 1 year in 1995, and one of my friends also has same name as yours. :D