How long does it take to load iGo8 on Omnia II? (Video of HD2 loading iGo8)

Guest guy.user

I've been an Omnia lover (i900) for more than a year and Omnia II is finally coming to my country.

Now the tough question is: should I wait for those devices equipped w/ snapdragon processor?

I'm sure snapdragon will outperform Omnia II, but by how much???

I just saw this video of HD2 loading up iGo8; OMFG!! it's super fast!!!!!

check it out:

I wonder how long it will take on Omnia II?

If there is no significant difference, I will just go ahead and get the Omnia II...

Can somebody please share some experience?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Guest guy.user
It looks really big :D

Maybe I'll try to install iGO later to test... if they have a trial and it's not to difficult to do^^

Thanks for the reply.

Ya, it's pretty big...but I'm sure there will be other snapdragon devices coming early next year.

Besides, I highly recommend iGo8, it's definitely one of the BEST GPS navigation software out there!

In fact, if iGo8 was available on Android phone, I would probably have switched side already....

iGo8 is one of the reason that I stick with WinMo.....

Guest tacchan23
Thanks for the reply.

Ya, it's pretty big...but I'm sure there will be other snapdragon devices coming early next year.

Besides, I highly recommend iGo8, it's definitely one of the BEST GPS navigation software out there!

In fact, if iGo8 was available on Android phone, I would probably have switched side already....

iGo8 is one of the reason that I stick with WinMo.....

what's the difference between iGO and iGO amigo by the way?

Guest tacchan23

It took me 13 seconds to load compared to the 6 seconds on the video :D

Browsing the map was as responsive as in the video at least.

Edited by tacchan23

Guest bobobird

It took me 35 secs - maybe the load times depend on quite a few other factors. ie type and speed of the media that the program is stored on, the skin used, extra functions like TTS, extra poi etc.

Guest guy.user
It took me 35 secs - maybe the load times depend on quite a few other factors. ie type and speed of the media that the program is stored on, the skin used, extra functions like TTS, extra poi etc.

ya, those factors will matter for sure...

35 secs seem a bit long, I'm now a bit worried......it only took 33 secs on my Omnia i900.

I have it installed in "My Storage", I have custom skin, NA speed camera database, lots of POI's and favorites...etc.

Guest tacchan23
ya, those factors will matter for sure...

35 secs seem a bit long, I'm now a bit worried......it only took 33 secs on my Omnia i900.

I have it installed in "My Storage", I have custom skin, NA speed camera database, lots of POI's and favorites...etc.

Mine was a fresh install with just voice, language and a map... as I think was the one on the HD2.

So it should take at least double the time than on HD2.

I guess for launching applications the better hardware of HD2 really counts a lot.

On the other hand at least for general smoothness I don't think it can be much better than Omnia2.

Guest bobobird
htc hd2 is too big for a hand , very big for a cell phone!.

The i900 was really the perfect size (for me anyway), the i8000 is only slightly bigger and heavier but still ok.

The hd2 will be a bit too much for me i think. But whatever its merits, it does not have amoled and I just cant see myself going back to an inferior display no matter what the other merits are. The O2 is by far the fastest and most responsive high end phone I ever had.

Guest jackjack078

I have been using Igo8 for my i8000, for quite a bit now. The load up time takes me 30+ sec. HD2 certainly is much faster.

I personally dont mind the size of HD2. but i do agree that amoled really does matter i guess. 1 gig cpu with 4.3" screen, but using 1230 mAh, really not enough. charge 2 times a day? No thanks. battery lasting really concerns me. otherwise, HD2 would be my next dream phone.

Guest bobobird

Yes, jackjack.

One should never for one moment assume that HTC has changed its ways in any way. It has'nt.

In previous phones the processor was usually way below the demands of the OS, this time round they have upped the processor but downsized the battery and god knows what else. The camera is also crap from some reports.

I lost faith in the company from the Touch days and have no reason to change that opinion. Each and every phone I have seen since has in one way or another shortchanged the buyer who afterall has paid top dollar for the device but in realitly gets much less.

Umm guys, the HD2 is meant to have quite good battery life. Although the CPU is a lot faster, it is also a lot more power efficient. They wouldn't come out with their most hyped device yet and cripple it with less than average battery life.

Guest tacchan23
Umm guys, the HD2 is meant to have quite good battery life. Although the CPU is a lot faster, it is also a lot more power efficient. They wouldn't come out with their most hyped device yet and cripple it with less than average battery life.

From what I read, HTC is famous for crippling their own devices :D

Jocking aside, I wouldn't buy it before reading actual reviews on Battery life. (I am noob, so I don't know techincal CPU details... so for me a thin lower capacity battery + biiiig screen = bad battery life untill someone with the device can confirm the opposite, which I hope of course)