AGPS

Guest awarner (MVP)

Rather than laugh at other members please remember everyone is a newbie once.

I actually made the mistake that XTRA was different to AGPS as well and according to the manual it is.

The manual states you can use XTRA or AGPS depending on service provider. It also states that to use AGPS you need to go to Start/Settings/General Settings/GPS/Assist GPS but on my Omnia2 with WM6.5 that setting is now missing.

Rather than laugh at other members please remember everyone is a newbie once.

I actually made the mistake that XTRA was different to AGPS as well and according to the manual it is.

The manual states you can use XTRA or AGPS depending on service provider. It also states that to use AGPS you need to go to Start/Settings/General Settings/GPS/Assist GPS but on my Omnia2 with WM6.5 that setting is now missing.

Hi

thank you for the answer. I want to disable AGPS because whenever I start Gpstest data connection started( I don't want that). On Touchpro I am useing Advanced congig tool 3.3 or edit registry to disable AGPS.Like you said "Start/Settings/General Settings/GPS/Assist GPS but on my Omnia2 with WM6.5 that setting is now missing" it's same at mine Omnia II which I got yesterday and of course I am newbe with Omnia II.

Regards

Guest awarner (MVP)

Disabling XTRA does appear to now turn off AGPS as well, or seems to when I geotag a photo.

I guess they have now combined the settings into one as technically they do the same task so it would make sense as the manual states its just what the network operator uses so it will only be one type or the other.

Disabling XTRA does appear to now turn off AGPS as well, or seems to when I geotag a photo.

I guess they have now combined the settings into one as technically they do the same task so it would make sense as the manual states its just what the network operator uses so it will only be one type or the other.

Hi awarner,

thank you. I will try your advice

Regards

Guest bobobird

Samsung calls it XTRA, which is same as AGPS.

A data connection is starting probably because you have the NNTP setting set to ON.

Additionally, XTRA data is disabled by default. You have to enable it to use it. And if you have a wifi connection you can download the data without opening your data connection.

Just a remark about newbies - anyone using a high-end windows mobile phone and is able to find this forum is hardly a newbie. A bit of reading around this sub-forum and the i900 one will usually give you the answer you want. Or using search. Hence the remark about getting familiar with the phone first.

Samsung calls it XTRA, which is same as AGPS.

A data connection is starting probably because you have the NNTP setting set to ON.

Additionally, XTRA data is disabled by default. You have to enable it to use it. And if you have a wifi connection you can download the data without opening your data connection.

Just a remark about newbies - anyone using a high-end windows mobile phone and is able to find this forum is hardly a newbie. A bit of reading around this sub-forum and the i900 one will usually give you the answer you want. Or using search. Hence the remark about getting familiar with the phone first.

Hi

thank you

Regards