SHOW YOUR DISPLAY!

Guest tacchan23

Guest mightymouse1045
Hi,

Here is my i8000 running iPhoneToday, nice n smooth no problems.

Cheers for all your help.

Wiggy

Hi Wiggy - can you please time your start up with the iPhoneToday. Can I confirm that you only have base build of WM6.5.1 and iPhoneToday (no other shell enhancements etc?)

The reason I ask is mine takes 1 min and 35 to 40 seconds from the time I tap yes on a soft reset until the phone can be used. I have WM6.5.1, SPB mobile shell 3.5.1 and MSkip Proplus Ultimate Elegance. I know that doesn't seem SOOOOOOO long but the 35 to 40 seconds is just to load the SPB mobile shell. I have the today screen sitting there for that long and cannot use it until SPB loads.

I have tried changing order of startup with SKTools and made SPB the first to load but this doesn't affect the startup times at all.

Can anyone else time their startup time with SPB mobile shell and others if using alternatives like iPhoneToday or Touch sense or Touch Flo 3D?

Time it from when you tap YES on a soft reset

Cheers,

Peter

Edited by mightymouse1045

Guest wiggy6230

Hello,

Thanks for the replies guys,

@Tacchan

Thank you very much.

Heres where I got the icons, cant remember which set it is, as Ive used a few from each.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=5

another nice set of icons.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=424678

@Mightymouse1045

From Pressing "yes" at soft reset it takes 1m3sec for my phone to be flashed up and ready to use. About 50sec of that is windows booting up.

Im running Secany's WM6.5

post-440402-1259571226_thumb.png post-440402-1259571236_thumb.png

See below my programs installed.

post-440402-1259571201_thumb.png post-440402-1259571213_thumb.png

Cheers,

Wiggy

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest tacchan23
Hi Tacchan23,

Try this, first time Ive "RARred" files, hopefully works for you.

icons1.rar

Credit to the originators.

Wiggy

Thanks a lot!

A lot of nice bordered icons which I really couldn't find elsewhere:)

Guest is77gal

I`ve got a question...don`t know if this is the right spot but is is related to spb shell.....when using the shell do u lose even more of the free ram? like how much do u guys have while using the shell? couse i have about 67/69 mb ram with out shel and with touchwiz disabled

Guest unholygid2006
I`ve got a question...don`t know if this is the right spot but is is related to spb shell.....when using the shell do u lose even more of the free ram? like how much do u guys have while using the shell? couse i have about 67/69 mb ram with out shel and with touchwiz disabled

I have around 55mb++ of ram after installing spb shell and disabling touch wiz and the samsung dialer skin. But after a while it will drop to 40mb+ and thats where the lag starts to kick in when multi tasking. Thats why i gave up spb and titanium and used the today screen instead.

Guest tacchan23
I have around 55mb++ of ram after installing spb shell and disabling touch wiz and the samsung dialer skin. But after a while it will drop to 40mb+ and thats where the lag starts to kick in when multi tasking. Thats why i gave up spb and titanium and used the today screen instead.

yeah, i just posted the same on the other ram thread... spb mobile shell seems to eat some ram too

Guest wiggy6230

All credit to the Originators.

Hi all,

@ dgmorland

I downloaded Vesion 1.3 from the following XDA page.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508429

Followed a tutorial somewhere on that page and found that it didnt work to well for me I had similar problems to you.

So after some reading around the forums, I came up with this,

Downlaod and unzip iPhoneToday Version 1.3.

Copy PeRiJeY iPhoneToday 1.3 - Full and PeRiJeY iPhoneToday 1.3 - Update to storage card.

Then install cab PeRiJeY iPhoneToday 1.3 - Full, ensure that its installed to Device.

Follow any prompts and when it asks "Auto Configure?" press yes.

Make sure iPhoneToday is disabled "start-settings-display & light-items on today" and untick iPhoneToday.

Then install cab iPhoneToday 1.3 - Update, ensure that its installed to Device.

Follow any prompts.

Soft reset, then turn on iPhoneToday, "start-settings-display & light-items on today" and tick iPhoneToday.

From there set up your icons to what you want and you should have a smooth running iPhone like UI.

Thats the few steps I took to get it working on my i8000.

Hope it helps.

Wiggy

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest dopeness
Here is mine. Wallpaper is from here. (one of the wallpaper inside "aurora-spectrum-wvga-collection")

Purely WM6.5 Titanium with several installed panels:

1. JMLToday (CyB Theme) with JMLPanex (JMLPanex enables individual icons/apps to be clickable)

2. JMLStocks

3. Titanium Notifications

4. Default Calendar (not Samsung's) panel (edited to show appointments in condensed mode)

5. Artesea Twitter

6. Opera Favourites

7. Favourite People- by AppStar

8. S2P music panel

9. Default Pictures panel

10. CSettings panel- I use it quickly refresh Titanium

WOW. I really like your setup. I know you listed the pnels individially, but were did you get the actual .cabs? i am not affraid to admit Iwant my set up like this.

Question: I am using Evidence/MAster Greenys v 11 Rom. It is a Sense UI based theme. I have tried to add titanium panels and select JML panels and it got all jumbled and crazy. Can I use your set up and still use the ROM I have or do I have to switch to a Titanium based Rom first?

Guest Ordinary

anybody can guide on how to change s2u2 battery ?

i wanted to change to the fuel thingy but i seems not working .

and my weather also not displaying .

anyone can guide on this thanks

Guest dgmorland

Here are some of my screenshots. I am using S2U2 with samsung green smoke background and replacement clock, iPhone Today v1.3 as launcher and Resco Contacts for Contact, SMS, Call Cistory, dialler etc. I made quite a few custom icons for iPhone Today including some for Samsung applications. Still got some more to make :D

post-592942-1259999500_thumb.jpgpost-592942-1259999258_thumb.jpgpost-592942-1259999271_thumb.jpgpost-592942-1259999288_thumb.jpgpost-592942-1259999298_thumb.jpg

post-592942-1259999317_thumb.jpgpost-592942-1259999327_thumb.jpgpost-592942-1259999339_thumb.jpgpost-592942-1260000044_thumb.jpgpost-592942-1259999362_thumb.jpg