Images in HTML e-mails don't display

Guest croftophile

Guest croftophile

Hello,

Is it a know issue about the Samsung-style email reader ? I mean, when I want to read my emails that contain images (in an HTML way), they don't appear.

Is it normal or did I forget to customize something ?

Under hotmail account, they don't appear ; under googlemail account, email is read as plain text...

Guest benji791
Hello,

Is it a know issue about the Samsung-style email reader ? I mean, when I want to read my emails that contain images (in an HTML way), they don't appear.

Is it normal or did I forget to customize something ?

Under hotmail account, they don't appear ; under googlemail account, email is read as plain text...

Hello

I have the same issue with an exchange email. Not tried yet with outlook standard client. Can any one report ? I'm under wm 6.5 with the french sfr standard rom.

Guest benji791
Isn't this problem just a limitation of win mo?

Does an app such as Flex Mail solve it? I tried it but I gave up trying to configure it.

No it's not a winmo limitation. My old trinity used to do it perfectly with outlook.

Hello the french guys, I'm using the same SFR rom as you.

The image not displayed in HTML email is a know problem (samsung skinned map), see

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...d-programs-faq/

[*]Disable the skinned apps for email (1) and sms (2) and enable threading message (3). You will need to change 3 registry entry:

1) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\DLL

change the value from emform.dll to htmlnote.dll
(in current firmware IJ6 this is already set)

2) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

change the value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

3) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from 1 to 0

There are a couple of side effects to this though.

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book. (
This could be fixed if you disable T9 and enable the WinMo text prediction, read the Inputing section)

2) You're not able to MMS.

I've done 1) only to get image in HTML email and to keep MMS working

I hope this helps.

Guest benji791
Hello the french guys, I'm using the same SFR rom as you.

The image not displayed in HTML email is a know problem (samsung skinned map), see

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...d-programs-faq/

I've done 1) only to get image in HTML email and to keep MMS working

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the recommandation. I've also done step one and the situation is now a little bit different. Now i can see the link "internet blocked pictures" (not sure it's the exact english label) and i can click on "download pictures from internet" (not sure also). But when i click the last one, i can see the download in progress but nothing happens.

Any ideas ?

Guest benji791
Thanks for the recommandation. I've also done step one and the situation is now a little bit different. Now i can see the link "internet blocked pictures" (not sure it's the exact english label) and i can click on "download pictures from internet" (not sure also). But when i click the last one, i can see the download in progress but nothing happens.

Any ideas ?

Hello,

Am i the only one still experimenting this problem ?

Guest benji791

I'm using an exchange 2007 mail2web account in push mail and i've got the issue. What kind of account do you guys use ?

I remenber that i encountered a problem during active sync configuration. The domain text box was disabled. Can this be a source of the problem ?

Thanks in advance for answer.

Guest arun gupta
I'm using an exchange 2007 mail2web account in push mail and i've got the issue. What kind of account do you guys use ?

I remenber that i encountered a problem during active sync configuration. The domain text box was disabled. Can this be a source of the problem ?

Thanks in advance for answer.

i am using seven for push mail gmail on my phone