ZENO USB HOST DRIVER SOFTWARE

Guest aol1978

:D :P

Zeno USB Host Drivers v6.0a

===========================

Requirements

============

PDA or Smartphone running WM5, WM6, WM6.X, propper USB cable for your device, PTP digital camera.

Information

===========

Made by Zeno Sloim. Based on RATOC Systems drivers.

The package contains:

- USB Mouse driver

- USB Keyboard US-101 HID driver

- USB-based external CD-DVD unit

- USB-based HDD unit, Memory Flash, USB-based card-reader MassStorage Driver

- USB-to-Serial Port driver (start Terminal in Start-Programs for configuration).

- RS232 USB Serial Driver (start RS232 USB Serial Driver in Start-Programs for configuration).

- PTPView for HOST & PTP Digital Cameras driver (non-USB Mass Storage such as Sony, Canon etc.).

- download photos and movies from PTP digital camera to your PDA

- photo preview

- multiple files download

- delete files from digital camera

All features tested on Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox 560N running WM6.1 with Transcend 16 GB SDHC Class 6.

Used with OEM USB keyboard, OEM external HDD, Kingston 8 GB memory-flash, OEM card-reader and various SD, SDHC cards, Microsoft various USB Mouses, Jura F9 automatic-coffee-machine serial port controller, OEM serial GPS unit, Canon Powershot G3, Canon PowerShot S3 IS

Download and run installer.exe on your pc, autorun.exe on your pda, autorun-s.exe on your smartphone.

HERE LINK: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-downlo...st-drivers.html

OR DOWNLOAD HERE

__Zeno_USB_Host_Drivers_v6.0a.rar

So does the I8000 right? It uses the Samsung s3c6410 chip. The documentation says it has a usb host 1.1.

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/sem...partnum=S3C6410

I'm no techie, so please be kind if I'm saying something incredibly stupid here :D

Not stupid, more people wonder, but alas, apparently it was not hardwired to the connector, or something. Here is an answer 1 month ago from samsung mobile innovator:

"

I checked with the phone team in Korea - the SOC dpes support USB OTG and Host USB, but it was not implemented on the phone, so there is not a way to use OTG in the phone's configuration.

"

SOC= system on a chip. They mean the processor.

USB OTG = USB on the go. Is made for connecting different USB devices together without a computer. phone to phone for example.

Actually the Micro USB connector was made for USB OTG, so that's why many people wonder also.

But, who knows, the "phone team in korea" might tell it's not possible just to stop people from destroying their phones or depleting their batteries with all kinds of peripherals.....

Guest Nanninga78

Hi all, I'm a newbie on this forum. mellow.gif

I'm also interested on knowing if USB Host functionality is present or not on Omnia 2 i8000, before to buy it.

If someone already owns it, he could check on its registry if there are the "USB Host" entries, like those under:

HKLM/Drivers/USB/LoadClients

if are present, having the right cable (sometime very difficult...sad.gif) the function USB Host "should" be available.

Someone could try?

thanks

Guest bluhound
Hi all, I'm a newbie on this forum. mellow.gif

I'm also interested on knowing if USB Host functionality is present or not on Omnia 2 i8000, before to buy it.

If someone already owns it, he could check on its registry if there are the "USB Host" entries, like those under:

HKLM/Drivers/USB/LoadClients

if are present, having the right cable (sometime very difficult...sad.gif) the function USB Host "should" be available.

Someone could try?

thanks

None found in registry. Only FunctionDrivers and inside are:-

Mass_Storage_Class

RNDIS

Serial_Class

USBSER_Class

So, no host support then?

Guest Nanninga78

I think so, as you said are functiondrivers (omnia acts as peripheral...).

if there are no sub-key under HKLM/Drivers/USB/LoadClients I don't think there could be any possibility to have Host enabled.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nanninga78
Hi, I want to know if it works on samsung omnia i900, because when I install it, it doesn’t work very well ;)

thanks

could you explain better what did you do and what happens?

I supposed i900 had the Host capabilities...

regards

Nanninga78

Guest Nanninga78
wouldn't it be possible to add some value under HKLM/Drivers/USB/LoadClients to make USB Host work on Omnia i900?

if a device doesn't have any entry on that Key you could not simply add a new one to activate the Host function wink.gif

instead, you could theoretically create a new one if there are others already present (created by oem...), but the point is to provide also any required additional info (dll,settings,driver...) .

This is what the Zeno software also manages I suppose, not only to create an entry on registry.

regards

Nanninga78

ok, thanks, I'm a noob at this ;-)

But does the Zeno's software provide these required stuff (dlls, settings,...)?

Or what is that soft really good for? When a device has got in it's specifications that it supports USB Hosting, then it should support it natively, not just with some 3rd party driver, or am I wrong?

I thought that this soft is good to make devices that don't have USB host function officially implemented use the USB Host function.

And can there be a problem that this USB hosting function isn't supported by a chipset or a processor Intel/Maxell ARM920T PXA312, which Omnia i900 uses?

thanks

Guest Nanninga78
ok, thanks, I'm a noob at this ;-)

But does the Zeno's software provide these required stuff (dlls, settings,...)?

Or what is that soft really good for? When a device has got in it's specifications that it supports USB Hosting, then it should support it natively, not just with some 3rd party driver, or am I wrong?

I thought that this soft is good to make devices that don't have USB host function officially implemented use the USB Host function.

And can there be a problem that this USB hosting function isn't supported by a chipset or a processor Intel/Maxell ARM920T PXA312, which Omnia i900 uses?

thanks

my understanding is that Zeno's software expands the number of devices "reconized" by controller, in the case the host functionality is already present (it's OEM decision) on that WinPhone.

The mechanism used by Windows Mobile to manage Host Functionality requires a "two layers" of functionalities:

-An internal driver, managed directly by O.S.,whose presence depends only by OEM

-A set of settings,dlls,... for every supported devices

If the OEM didn't foreseen the "internal driver" there no way (from what I know. :) ) to add it later, instead is possible, as Zeno software does, to add new devices (giving this "second layer"...) to a Pda/ WinPhone Host enabled.

Finally, consider that is quite often that OEM doesn't advertise the host functionality (to avoid any warranty...) but is silently present in many PDA-WinPhone.

regards

Nanninga78

• 1 month later...
Guest luisgracia

I have tested it with the original sync cable plus a female to female connector, cross-wired and it didn't worked. I tested a mouse and an usb memory. No results. Even I made a soft reset with the device conected (I have also a n560 and it was neccesary sometimes.)

Guest makezu_pp
I have tested it with the original sync cable plus a female to female connector, cross-wired and it didn't worked. I tested a mouse and an usb memory. No results. Even I made a soft reset with the device conected (I have also a n560 and it was neccesary sometimes.)

As it needs the +5v that the phone is not providing. remember that fitting cable is not enough alone. You need diy +5 volt provider. Could build one from scratch, wall charger could work fine too or use powered usb hub modified(sounds my favorite as its already cased) as it needs least work. I'm about to test this thing with the power injector build, as soon as I get my paycheck. need ordering more cables and power regulators. Or could just kill my car usb charger to build one, that already has 5 volt regulation from 12v.

I haven't seen any reports that indicate omnia 2 working this way... but then again, it won't hurt trying out. Any one tried this thing on i8000, report at this instant ;)

Trying this weekend. :D

ALSO

USB Volt injector from thoughtfix HERE

Guest makezu_pp

Tried minutes ago running 5 volts from computer power, and using usb riser as female - female bridge... no go for this omnia 2 ;)

tested: 8gb kingston memory stick, generic mouse, generic keyboard(fin keys, didn't have hopes for this one). guess it just doesn't support usb host even if the cpu has it.

5 volts run okay, mouse lighted up and with keyboard flashed, but it seems, that there were no action happening between the devices. Could be my connects that fooled me, but to be sure, I will build volt injector from scratch. Anyone else had a go on this? :D I'm really interested, can this really work at all... And if so, how to make it work.