ZENO USB HOST DRIVER SOFTWARE

Tried minutes ago running 5 volts from computer power, and using usb riser as female - female bridge... no go for this omnia 2 :(

tested: 8gb kingston memory stick, generic mouse, generic keyboard(fin keys, didn't have hopes for this one). guess it just doesn't support usb host even if the cpu has it.

5 volts run okay, mouse lighted up and with keyboard flashed, but it seems, that there were no action happening between the devices. Could be my connects that fooled me, but to be sure, I will build volt injector from scratch. Anyone else had a go on this? :( I'm really interested, can this really work at all... And if so, how to make it work.

The microUSB on the i8000 a I know is an OTG - the kernel logs also contains this. In this case the USB is auto-configured for host and endpoint functionality regarding the pin 5 electrical state is grounded or floating. So not only the 5V missing , but we need a special cable also to drive the pin5 on the microUSB. Unfortuntely I have no microUSB connector on which I can touch the pin5 - but if somebody has, please probe it....

Guest makezu_pp
The microUSB on the i8000 a I know is an OTG - the kernel logs also contains this. In this case the USB is auto-configured for host and endpoint functionality regarding the pin 5 electrical state is grounded or floating. So not only the 5V missing , but we need a special cable also to drive the pin5 on the microUSB. Unfortuntely I have no microUSB connector on which I can touch the pin5 - but if somebody has, please probe it....

This is getting us somewhere! :( I took the liberty to seek the cable, and it seems the nokia N810 has suitable cable, but will the omnia feed the +5v to the device when it enters the host-mode? if not, then we have to mod the cable to suite our needs. Also looking for the micro-usb plug only to experiment more. I will order the cable next week for testing... :(

Links that could be useful:

Hooking the nokia

micro usb OTG cable on ebay

And the confirmation that it really has USB OTG 2.0

:(

Guest aafi-rocks
This is getting us somewhere! :( I took the liberty to seek the cable, and it seems the nokia N810 has suitable cable, but will the omnia feed the +5v to the device when it enters the host-mode? if not, then we have to mod the cable to suite our needs. Also looking for the micro-usb plug only to experiment more. I will order the cable next week for testing... :(

Links that could be useful:

Hooking the nokia

micro usb OTG cable on ebay

And the confirmation that it really has USB OTG 2.0

:(

Can some 1 plz cofirm, if this works on Omnia i8000..

Guest wurzelsepp

I think i'm going to try it <_<

This would be so cool to plug an external harddrive and use the phone as a media player.

the micro usb cable that shiped with my omnia was broken from the beginning I'm going to cut it apart and ground the 5th pin but

but after reading this thread i'm not very confident that it works, but you never know unless you try it.

Edited by wurzelsepp

Guest wurzelsepp

Ok I built a cable but it didn't work,

but what I reconized is that when I pluged in a usb stick thje omnia made a sound, but i didn't see it in the file explorer.

I cut the cable and there were only 4 cables does the 5th pin determine wheater the device is host or slave that would explain why it does not work.

Anybody has an idea??

:mellow:

EDIT: ok just did some research and it seems like my guess was right the 5th pin mus be grounded

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go#OTG_Micro_Plugs

The OTG cable has a micro-A plug on one side, and a micro-B plug on the other (it cannot have two plugs of the same type). OTG adds a fifth pin to the standard USB connector, called the ID-pin; the micro-A plug has the ID pin grounded, while the ID in the micro-B plug is floating. The device that has a micro-A plugged in becomes an OTG A-device, and the one that has micro-B plugged becomes a B-device. The type of the plug inserted is detected by the state of the pin ID

EDIT 2: Didn't wort either I think this is hopeless, I think we need a driver especially for the omnia like the one that is being developed for the hd2

maybe some talented programmer can try to create one <_<

This is what I found http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de...6%2Ft-8356.html

but I don't know if thats helps because I have no idea how this could be done.

Edited by wurzelsepp

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Pawel81

Hi. Into GPS Lark 35.3 with WM 5.0 there is OTG option in the registry.

"HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\USBOTG"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\USBOTG:OTGPortMode

Options:

0 - OTG (?)

1 - Host

2 - Slave (?)

1822Fig02.gif

This works, will try it here.

Ed. I connected power from laptop to USB socket, signal without power form socket to micro USB. 5 and 4 pin are connected, omnia wakes up when cable is inserted, but nothing happens.

post-608296-1270550849_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pawel81

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Pawel81
There is a new version of this app on XDA.... Pawel81 can you try the new version and test plz...

You talk about new 6.0a? Nothing changed after installing on newest rom. Line in registry make phone wakeup when OTG cable is inserted, but nothing more.

... when I connect 2,5" HDD to i8000 it's start spinning, and stop spinning when disconnected. So overall port is working, but have no registry or something in the drivers.

Edited by Pawel81

• 3 weeks later...