Backup and restore original 6.1 ROM ?

Guest mike-nickey

Guest mike-nickey

I want to update to the ROM 6.5 but before i'd like to backup the original ROM 6.1 and restore the original state in case something goes wrong or when i need to use the samsung's guaranty.

How can i do that?

Guest monyozt
I want to update to the ROM 6.5 but before i'd like to backup the original ROM 6.1 and restore the original state in case something goes wrong or when i need to use the samsung's guaranty.

How can i do that?

what version do you running now? type *#1234# and you'll see your device version

but spb clone is a backup program and don't restore an old rom. You have to duplicate the rom (dump your own rom, I don't know how you can do that, help will be appreciated) and if wm 6.5 is not good for you, you can reflash your device and restore the previous rom you had.

Guest mike-nickey
you can reflash your device and restore the previous rom you had.

i understand you mean i can take simply any ROm 6.1 (from the internet) and reflash. but i thought originally of backing up the one on my device and restore it afterwards.

i understand you mean i can take simply any ROm 6.1 (from the internet) and reflash. but i thought originally of backing up the one on my device and restore it afterwards.

I understood you, I asked help from someone to explain the procedure to backup the ROM of one own device...I believe It's not a simple procedure but if someone knows how to...

Edited by kibiwi