[APP][KEYBD]EzInput Keyboard on i8000

cab includes t9 bases for this lang: DE,EN,ES,FR,IT,RU

You need to install FingerKeyboard 2.1 by yourself, if HTC eT9 is installed after FingerKeyboard no need to go to FingerKey's settings and enable et9, my cab done this for you. You must only reboot device after installing complete.

Eng lang is set by default, you can change it to your lang, just go to this key in registry and set value (in hex) according to you lang code

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9]

"DefaultLanguage"=dword:00000109

Langcode:

"0109" - EN

"0119" - RU

"0110" - IT

"0107" - DE

"010C" - FR

"010A" - ES

As for ezinput I want to make full working 2.1 version with some additional features before post it, now I have some problems with xml layouts and I havnt much time to end this research.

Mind sharing your version with me ? I'm also looking through EzInput on i8000 and almost there just a few problems left. PM me (:

Guest tacchan23

You need to install FingerKeyboard 2.1 by yourself, if HTC eT9 is installed after FingerKeyboard no need to go to FingerKey's settings and enable et9, my cab done this for you. You must only reboot device after installing complete.

Eng lang is set by default, you can change it to your lang, just go to this key in registry and set value (in hex) according to you lang code

Langcode:

"0109" - EN

"0119" - RU

"0110" - IT

"0107" - DE

"010C" - FR

"010A" - ES

As for ezinput I want to make full working 2.1 version with some additional features before post it, now I have some problems with xml layouts and I havnt much time to end this research.

Thanks for the T9 cab for FingerKeyboard, I'll give it a try soon:)

And also nice to hear about ezinput when you have time to complete it:)

Guest lifemaximum

Langcode:

"0109" - EN

"0119" - RU

"0110" - IT

"0107" - DE

"010C" - FR

"010A" - ES

Thanks man , appreciate the effort and looking forward to your Ezinput keyboard.

UPDATE : I tried it and it didn't work for me , it didn't turn on the T9 on finger keyboard, i did soft rest couple of times and went to the FingerKeyboard configuration tried it one and off , and did the soft rest again it didn't work .... anyone got it working ? what am i doing wrong?

Edited by lifemaximum

by the way et9 in FingerKey works only with one lang which you need to set in DefaultLanguage key in registry. So if you set it to Italy then English t9 was disabled.

lifemaximum

Try to set both ON in FingerKey conf. For what lang do you want to enable eT9? I can check it in my device. I test this cab with device emulator and with my own i8000 english wm65 rom.

Edited by EgOrus

Guest lifemaximum
by the way et9 in FingerKey works only with one lang which you need to set in DefaultLanguage key in registry. So if you set it to Italy then English t9 was disabled.

lifemaximum

Try to set both ON in FingerKey conf. For what lang do you want to enable eT9? I can check it in my device. I test this cab with device emulator and with my own i8000 english wm65 rom.

I want to enable eT9 for English ,,,, i am on wm6.5 official update ,,, I have tried setting both ON....

How do you enable t9 mode in Finger Keyboard 2.1?? , I don't see any keys for that....

Edited by lifemaximum

remake cab with HTC eT9 2.0 and 2.1, all features work well. Cab includes t9 bases for this lang: DE,EN,ES,FR,IT,RU

eT9v2.cabeT9v21.cab

0107 - DE

0109 - EN

010A - ES

010C - FR

0110 - IT

0119 - RU
et9 in FingerKey (so as MS Keyboard) works only with one lang which you need to set in DefaultLanguage key in registry. So if you set it to Italy then English t9 will be disabled, try to do smth with this later. With HTC EzInput and this cab all eT9 dictionaries work all together. There is no need to install FingerKey to test it, HTC eT9 works also with standart Microsoft Keyboard This 2 regkey is used to turm t9 for FingerKey and MS Keyboard. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9] "IsSupportMSSIPContact"=dword:00000001 "XT9SupportMSSip"=dword:00000001 when you install this cab samsung xT9 will be disabled, because only one T9 system can be enabled by default, to get back samsung xt9, disable both t9 sets in FingerKeyboard configurator (sms and word) and only after that uninstall HTC et9 and reboot (maybe you need reboot after disable et9 in FingerKey and after that uninstall HTC et9). Besides you can just change key in registry to this value and then reboot:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\e0010409]

"Ime File"="\\windows\\xT9ime.dll"

eT9 2.1

post-596708-1259089243_thumb.png post-596708-1259145232_thumb.png post-596708-1259224384_thumb.png

eT9 2.0

post-596708-1259223606_thumb.png post-596708-1259223613_thumb.png

Edited by EgOrus

Guest tacchan23
Thanks man , appreciate the effort and looking forward to your Ezinput keyboard.

UPDATE : I tried it and it didn't work for me , it didn't turn on the T9 on finger keyboard, i did soft rest couple of times and went to the FingerKeyboard configuration tried it one and off , and did the soft rest again it didn't work .... anyone got it working ? what am i doing wrong?

Same here^^

What about your Samsung keyboard? for me T9 isn't wrking anymore there too^^

hmm, very strange things, do you install sdkcerts?

my steps

1. Install FingerKey

2. Install HTC eT9 cab, then you can reboot , but I cancel rebooting and go to FinGerKey configurator

3. Enable BOTH sets (sms and text word) in HTC xT9 tab of configurator

4. Then reboot.

5. Go to Word forexample and try to type some text in english, if everything is OK go to next step

6. Go to registry and change default lang to Rus langcode to enable Russian T9 dictionary, after that no need to reboot

to get back samsung xt9, disable both t9 sets in FingerKeyboard configurator (sms and word) and only after that uninstall HTC et9 and reboot (maybe you need reboot after disable et9 in FingerKey and after that uninstall HTC et9). Only one t9 method can be enabled by default.

Tomorrow I can test this cabs on clean wm65 K5 rom, now I go to sleep.

Edited by EgOrus

Jermx what cabs did you install? Do you have now complete ezimput 2? and change between languages.

Can you tell us from where did you download this?

1: Downloaded EzInput 2.0 .cab from xda-developers

2: Signed the .cab so wont end up with unbootable system

3: Installed the signed cab file. ( Which the keyboard would not show up)

4: Copied over EzInput 2.1 files and overwrite the previous files and the keyboard shows up but with some gfx wrongly aligned.

Still need to work out the some gfx and xml files before releasing.

Regarding language change i think that just either a registry edit would do or installing just a lang pack.

Edit : Updated first page with status of "project?"

Edited by jermx

update et9 2.1 cab in this post, fix english t9

in ezinput 2.1 some others procedure is used in xmls and thats why it doesnt work, if you want i can post working 2.0 ezinput, it works with et9 2.0 or 2.1

It will be great if you can post EzInput 2.0

If possible asap (:

Thanks

Guest katerini
1: Downloaded EzInput 2.0 .cab from xda-developers

2: Signed the .cab so wont end up with unbootable system

1. I know that it coms from xda, but wich one? From where?

2. How can we sign a cab?

Thank you!

Guest carreab

Hi,

Is any one encounter problem with volume bottons after installing et9 2.0 cab?

Fingerkeyb work just fine with T9 but changing the volume level with side buttons is disabled, only dispaly the vol. control window but not change it, only with finger tip.

and after uninstall all back to normal.

I tried 3 times and came to conlusion the that the HTC T9 cosing the issue,

Don't know if I'm the only one.

Will try Ver. 2.1 if the same.

using secany's K5 rom.

thnks for this freat works.

Edited by carreab

carreabthere is no such problem with my K5 english rom with 2.1 ver. installed, but there is a bug in some fields - (Owner name as ex.) white rectangle appear without words on it (in 2.0 t9 stroke just don't appear at all)

Yes I tested v2.0 once again and volume changing don't work correctly, try to do smth with it (because 2.0 is more comfortable but less buty then 2.1 in my mind)

Guest carreab
carreabthere is no such problem with my K5 english rom with 2.1 ver. installed, but there is a bug in some fields - (Owner name as ex.) white rectangle appear without words on it (in 2.0 t9 stroke just don't appear at all)

Yes I tested v2.0 once again and volume changing don't work correctly, try to do smth with it (because 2.0 is more comfortable but less buty then 2.1 in my mind)

You are right about fields bug in ver. 2.1 so volume change ok, but also there is another issue is the camera button deos'nt work, it start the camera but no take shot. after un-install camer works very well. I don't understand what affect the hardware button when installing the et9? I have analised both vers. with wince cab manager, in the reg keys don't doubt, but the DLL files could be some conflict. not sure.

thnks.

hm u know guys, I used to use the old HTC diamond keyboard on Xperia X1, will that works on OMNIA II? anyone stil have the links?

and I'm curious, what the difference between this new EZ with the old HTC keyboard? I thought the old HTC one already did the job well?

nap_rz

I have diamond, touch pro and Diamond2 ROM dumps, and have XT9_IME_1_5_33146_0 packet from diamond, it looks like et9 2.0, no differnce found, try to test it today.

New vers are more buty and have some new features, and of corse need more memory to work.

carreab

Ok. Issue with camera button on 2.1 exists also in my omnia2

Edited by EgOrus

Guest carreab
nap_rz

I have diamond, touch pro and Diamond2 ROM dumps, and have XT9_IME_1_5_33146_0 packet from diamond, it looks like et9 2.0, no differnce found, try to test it today.

New vers are more buty and have some new features, and of corse need more memory to work.

carreab

Ok. Issue with camera button on 2.1 exists also in my omnia2

the point is in ver 2.0 the volume and the camera does not works, though in vers. 2.1 only the camera does not works. so I thing when you compile the files you should know the change/compares you have made between both versions and realise the file/regkey which cosing the problem.

I like ver.2.1 but the camera button not working, 'dileme', hope it will be fixed,

Appreciating this grat job anyway.

thanks