RMVB playing on Omnia 2 - Working pretty well!

Guest ddeathx

I have finally gotten rmvb to play pretty well on the Omnia 2 using windows media player!

First you download the plugin cab from the link below:

http://www.speedyshare.com/650868947.html

Before you install, copy out the file amc_video_renderer.ax from the Windows folder. It is a hidden file so you need something like Resco explorer to view them. Copy it to your own designated folder. Next install the cab file above and restart your device. Copy back the amc_video_renderer.ax file to the Windows folder and overwrite the same file inside. This is because the file installed by the plugin cab is an old 2007 file and must be replaced by this new 2009 one that came on our O2. Else even the helicopter video playback with the touchplayer will be jerky!

Start wmp and open that rmvb file to play! :D

Edited by ddeathx

Guest Wilson@China

The original WMP in I8000 already has built-in RM/RMVB playback capability. So I don't think it's necessary to install any additional plug-in.

Guest ddeathx

Yes, there is. But the inbuilt codec is not playing very well. Have u tried? That's why i looked for a better option and found this works the best so far.

Hi...i'm noob in WinMo. I've jz install the rmvb plugin. It works but now there is a problem. when i start playing the rmvb file, its a bit laggy. is there any way to improve it?