Electopia game, will it run on i8000?

I just installed a demo of this very nice looking game, it has been crafted to run on the TGO1, but since it uses a full implementation of open GL ES 2.0 I thought I'd give it a try. No joy, it failed to initialise. So I was wondering if any one here might have an idea why it won't run or if it could be tweaked to run on th Omnia ii. :D

Edited by Uboy

was wondering if any one here might have an idea why it won't run or if it could be tweaked to run on th Omnia ii. :D

the answer is:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Platform: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 8k

the answer is:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Platform: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 8k

So I read, but windows mobile is windows mobile and open gl es 2 is a standard that is not processor dependant, the commands are the same regardless of qualcom snapdragon or not, so unless the snapdragon has some unique commands then why won't the game run on another device? After chatting briefly to a developer friend it seems like maybe it should run and at worst drop a few frames or run slowly. It would seem ludicrous for a developer to make what is claimed to be the best graphical game yet on any mobile device to only work on the TGO1. After all the TGO1 is not really that much faster than the Omnia ii, which we will no doubt be able to overclock to greater than 1ghz before too long. :D

So I read, but windows mobile is windows mobile and open gl es 2 is a standard that is not processor dependant, the commands are the same regardless of qualcom snapdragon or not, so unless the snapdragon has some unique commands then why won't the game run on another device? After chatting briefly to a developer friend it seems like maybe it should run and at worst drop a few frames or run slowly. It would seem ludicrous for a developer to make what is claimed to be the best graphical game yet on any mobile device to only work on the TGO1. After all the TGO1 is not really that much faster than the Omnia ii, which we will no doubt be able to overclock to greater than 1ghz before too long. :D

But even 800MHz Snapdragon will be muuuuuch faster when Omnia II processor. Take a look for benchmark result - Qualcomm made a real mobile beast this time. Besides Qualcomm CAN use own texture compression format for Open gl es and this could be a problem.