I8000NXXIJ9

Guest monyozt

so far run so smooth, but i have small problem with GPS signal, usually only needs less than 30seconds to get fix signal. but using this rom takes 5minutes with AGPS. maybe depend on my weather location too...

good job mr srog, if you dont mind, put your donation link. i have small donation for you :D

Guest MaliciousKen
so far run so smooth, but i have small problem with GPS signal, usually only needs less than 30seconds to get fix signal. but using this rom takes 5minutes with AGPS. maybe depend on my weather location too...

good job mr srog, if you dont mind, put your donation link. i have small donation for you :D

Hi ... mind sharing the available ram without widget plus?

Guest MaliciousKen
about 50MB with point ui installed and eboot from JD

I'm on JD and it works perfectly fine for me. about the same amount of ram available, with pointui installed.

Quite tempted to flash to this OFFICAL Singapore ROM though, since I'm a Singaporean ... Hmmmm ... Tough choice....

Can someone suggest/ post a good CSC file that is good for english. I upgraded to H9 and the samsung keypad pops up with some other language by default and I have to click the text mode button to get to english.

Guest c_arivazhagan
can anyone upload it to mediafire?

Friends, Would appreciate if someone could create mirror's. I am sure Sorg is not stopping us creating mirror's.

Rapidshare slots are flooded.

Pls help.

Ari

Edited by c_arivazhagan

Guest monyozt

my suggestion, just buy a rapid premium acc for 1month :D its not expensive...

im so respect to mr. srog hard work... because of that, no mirror from me... :P

Guest CryptXus
my suggestion, just buy a rapid premium acc for 1month :D its not expensive...

im so respect to mr. srog hard work... because of that, no mirror from me... :P

ok... i juz created one account to D/L.... hopefully i can make full use of the 1 mth account ;)

Guest Albertri

Thanks SORG for the Official Singapore rom! I wanted to flash back my O2 with Singapore ROM but I am still missing the CSC file :D Any kind heart who has the Singapore CSC?

Cheers

Guest vodanhdaisu

Hi there, i've tried to flash my Om2 by using Octan Mini, I chose PDA_XXIJ9.nb0 and CSC_IJ6. But it's seems not detect my Om2.

After i loaded all options, i turned off my phone >> the battery charging screen appeared, and that's all, nothing else :D

Am I missing something?

PS: I'm using Win7 and i've already flashed successfully many times by using Octan 2.1 with Movinand *.MST of secany before

Edited by vodanhdaisu

Guest Albertri
Hi there, i've tried to flash my Om2 by using Octan Mini, I chose PDA_XXIJ9.nb0 and CSC_IJ6. But it's seems not detect my Om2.

After i loaded all options, i turned off my phone >> the battery charging screen appeared, and that's all, nothing else :D

Am I missing something?

PS: I'm using Win7 and i've already flashed successfully many times by using Octan 2.1 with Movinand *.MST of secany before

I think there was a thread here in Modaco how to flash using WIN7 using Octan.

Guest devyant

Does anyone find this official rom sluggish?

Simple things like messaging, lock screen etc, which worked perfectly on 6.1, slowed to a crawl on this ROM.

Guest MaliciousKen

Simple things like messaging, lock screen etc, which worked perfectly on 6.1, slowed to a crawl on this ROM.

Hmmmm ... I am using this rom, and it seems to me that it's the fastest among all the wm6.5 rom to date.

WM 6.5 on this device is very slow compared to 6.1,

I downgraded from IJ9 (6.5) to II1 (6.1) and it works much better.

Another factor: twice more free memory available compared to 6.5.

I used to run out of memory quite often, now it's OK.

Guest firefly2k3

I upgraded from my stock 6.1 ROM to this official release of 6.5.

But facing the following problems:

1. Auto Screen Lock does not work as in 6.1

2. Auto Screen Off (sleep mode) does not work as in 6.1 (big problem for me, battery drains out as screen just dims and does not turn off)

3. Cannot switch to standard Start menu.

4. Increasing Ring cannot be fixed even with registry edit which worked in 6.1

5. No Touch Player controls when screen locked.

Guest unixace
I upgraded from my stock 6.1 ROM to this official release of 6.5.

But facing the following problems:

1. Auto Screen Lock does not work as in 6.1

2. Auto Screen Off (sleep mode) does not work as in 6.1 (big problem for me, battery drains out as screen just dims and does not turn off)

3. Cannot switch to standard Start menu.

4. Increasing Ring cannot be fixed even with registry edit which worked in 6.1

5. No Touch Player controls when screen locked.

1. I'm using s2u2 for auto screen lock no problems encounter so far. :)

2. Auto screen off i think you should check your power or back light settings. :D

3. wm 6.5 does not have a standard start menu but you can get the window setting by editing the reg. :D {check the forums i'm lazy to find it for you if you have time reading this then go find the answer)

4. Increasing Ring? hmm never noticed the 3 sec or 1 sec low ringing tone which everyone is talking about... :D

5. Strange aren't your auto screen lock not working? anyway I use Jabar halo headset so no need the controls on the screen just off the headset and media palyer will shutdwn by itself and auto run when headset is connected. :D {Yea that's right i'm lazy to touch the screen for music)

:D {Overall 9/10) for IJ9 i can say it's stable the only problem should be sms send notice sound. have to disable the samsung message skin to remove that sound but the windows build in message application is much faster so it's a pro and con.

Edited by unixace

Guest skoda60

I upgraded Omnia2 6.1 to Singapore Samsung Official 6.5ROM from Samsung Service Centre for a few days. Program I installed were the same as in WM6.1.

Under Omnia2 6.5. The problem I were facing:

my often used program: ucweb Ver7 beta1(Browser), Voicebook2 for listen to Chinese txt files/story. smsing. Garmin Mobile XT, Cachemate for geocaching. Panda eBook reader. resco file explorer, sk tools and sk shortcut manager.

1) It just suka suka shutdown my back ground application. eg during repliying the forum, launched Mdict to find correct spelling for the reply, after back to browser and it was gone. I have to start back ucweb again. Once ucweb started, mdict was gone. This was not happen in Omnia1 wm6.1, but occasionally was happen on Omnia2 WM6.1. Even capsure ver 1.1g not working well in Omnia2 wm6.5 and no problem on both Omnia 1&2 on WM6.1.

2) While browsing the internet, a sms came in. Goto sms to replied back. Then the browser was gone. Even I shown this to the Samsung Century Square Service Centre's stall, when from ucweb browser to sms, I can't opened the contact. So I was the first person to downgraded to WM6.1 H3 ROM in Singapore.

3) Testing the SPB MOBILE SHELL for one day. no more XTRA setting under SPB SHELL setting and I have to use back Samsung setting to perform the task. The Samsung Widget can served me good, so I removed the SPB Mobile shell.

For those who going to WM6.5, please think twice.

With Samsung Omnia since june 2008. Upgraded to Omnia2 after 2 weeks of the new lunched. Omnia WM6.1 > Omnia2 WM6.1 then Omnia2 WM6.5. I should said that Omnia 6.1 was better then Omnia2 6.1. The worse was WM6.5.

With Omnia1 for the past one year, I never had facing of multi-program running problem. With Omnia2 WM6.1 it sometime suka suak shut down my program. Remembered many years ago when I was using the Sony Ericson P990i, Before lauching any program, I had to check the memory or soft-reset the phone. And now it became my style to enjoy my Omnia2.

Plese advice me which version on ROM can worked better. Thinking of freshing to H5 or H9 PDA, please share. Thank!

Guest firefly2k3
1. I'm using s2u2 for auto screen lock no problems encounter so far. :D

2. Auto screen off i think you should check your power or back light settings. :D

3. wm 6.5 does not have a standard start menu but you can get the window setting by editing the reg. :D {check the forums i'm lazy to find it for you if you have time reading this then go find the answer)

4. Increasing Ring? hmm never noticed the 3 sec or 1 sec low ringing tone which everyone is talking about... :D

5. Strange aren't your auto screen lock not working? anyway I use Jabar halo headset so no need the controls on the screen just off the headset and media palyer will shutdwn by itself and auto run when headset is connected. :D {Yea that's right i'm lazy to touch the screen for music)

:D {Overall 9/10) for IJ9 i can say it's stable the only problem should be sms send notice sound. have to disable the samsung message skin to remove that sound but the windows build in message application is much faster so it's a pro and con.

I had just listed the issues I was seeing on J9. But Unixace seems to be having fun here, trying to act smart!

1. Did I say S2U2 doesn't work :) ? I said autolock doesn't work for me as in WM6.1! (Anyways, flashing with the included EBoot solved the issue.)

2. If I know how to flash the phone, I should be having the common sense to check all the settings first. (Thankfully Eboot flash solved this issue as well.)

3. I did not ask for Windows Setting. I already have that. "if you have time reading this then go find the answer" was uncalled for.

4. You might be having a "special" ROM. Or you might be busy trying to act smart and failed to notice the increasing ring.

5. Firstly Auto lock is "NOT" the only way the screen can be locked. Obviously I had to manually lock it when auto lock was not working.

And secondly, touch player controls for locked screen are not to "shut down" and "auto run" the media player. It's to control the music being played. I hope you understand terms like "skip", "ff", "rew", "repeat" etc? Also, do you know that we have something called FM radio? FYI the touch controls are capable of changing radio channels as well. Wondering what you do on your so called Jabar headset to achieve all this. Do you shake your head in different directions to achieve different actions? Or maybe since you are so "smart" your headset is smarter and supports "mind reading" and does the job automatically when you think of it?

Get a life mate...instead of posting "smart" comments, would be nice if you actually post some useful information!