ActiveSync over Bluetooth

Guest firefly2k3

Guest firefly2k3

Hi All,

How do you connect ActiveSync over bluetooth.

Searched this forum and tried googling also. But couldn't get it working.

I have a Toshiba M500 laptop running XP SP2 with Toshiba Bluetooth stack for XP.

Tried adding a serial port on COM8 (for incoming connections) in the bluetooth settings.

Already have a ActiveSync partnership between the phone and laptop.

But when I click "Connect via Bluetooth" in ActiveSync on phone (with the devices already paired via bluetooth), I get the following error message:

"Cannot find an existing Bluetooth partnership with a PC that supports ActiveSync. Would you like to set up a partnership now?

Can anyone help me please?

Hi All,

How do you connect ActiveSync over bluetooth.

Searched this forum and tried googling also. But couldn't get it working.

I have a Toshiba M500 laptop running XP SP2 with Toshiba Bluetooth stack for XP.

Tried adding a serial port on COM8 (for incoming connections) in the bluetooth settings.

Already have a ActiveSync partnership between the phone and laptop.

But when I click "Connect via Bluetooth" in ActiveSync on phone (with the devices already paired via bluetooth), I get the following error message:

"Cannot find an existing Bluetooth partnership with a PC that supports ActiveSync. Would you like to set up a partnership now?

Can anyone help me please?

1) Turn on bluetooth on your i8000.

2) Go to your Bluetooth options and search for your computer using bluetooth. You will need to make your computer visible via bluetooth. Usually it is not visible by default, but you will need to specifically say, make visible to other devices. Usually this is done in the bluetooth properties on your computer.

3) Once found, tap on your computer, and it will ask you to specify a pin code. Once you specify your pin code, your computer will ask you what the pin code is. Once this is entered, a partnership is created.

4) On your i8000, click on the computer icon, and specify what services you want enabled. There should be a activesync service there.

5) Go to activesync application and connect via bluetooth.

This is all off the top of my head, but that is the instructions you need to go through. If you have your partnership enabled, then look at 4 onwards.