Help!!! Missing Wi-Fi activation option in my Samsung Omnia 2 after installing Sktool

Hi,

My Omnia 2 is running on Windows Mobile 6.5. After installing SK Tool 4.4.7.12, the option to turn on my wi-fi is no longer there. Now I can only see "Airplane Mode", "Phone" & Bluetooth". Wi-Fi used to be below "Bluetooth" but now it gone for no reason. Did I do anything wrong to the setting in Sktool? How can I activate the Wi-Fi option back? I have also tried to activate Wi-Fi under Network settings. But when I tried to do a search, it just blink a few times and stop with no network found. However the Wi-Fi button is still blue.

Edited by hostet

Guest awarner (MVP)

Uninstall the SKTools then reboot the device.

Older versions do not affect WiFi so it could be down to a setting or homescreen theme you have tried to install rather than the tools.

Uninstall the SKTools then reboot the device.

Older versions do not affect WiFi so it could be down to a setting or homescreen theme.

Hi,

I have removed SKtool and the wi-fi button is back. So which version of SKtool should I use for WM6.5? Any suggestion?

Guest awarner (MVP)

SKTools I'm using an old 3.1.11.1 but it's not used much.

My loss of WiFi was definitely due to installing a different Theme that was designed for the old Omnia.

SKTools I'm using an old 3.1.11.1 but it's not used much.

My loss of WiFi was definitely due to installing a different Theme that was designed for the old Omnia.

Dear All,

Thanks for your help. I have Hard reset the phone and it now working. Thanks.

Guest teslapolaris

I've the same problem with missing Wifi and I dont use SKtools. The wifi went missing after I manually edited the registry to remove threaded sms. Not sure why it happen but Wifi came on again when I enable back threaded SMS.

I've the same problem with missing Wifi and I dont use SKtools. The wifi went missing after I manually edited the registry to remove threaded sms. Not sure why it happen but Wifi came on again when I enable back threaded SMS.

Mine is the reverse of yours. It went missing after I enable Threaded SMS. Becos of yr note that gave me this idea..I disable Threaded SMS and wifi is back. But I want my Threaded SMS....and Wifi.......damn.....

Guest dgmorland
I have removed SKtool and the wi-fi button is back. So which version of SKtool should I use for WM6.5? Any suggestion?

Version 4.4.7.12 was released recently which included a fix so that text in the application will display correctly if you are using the Samsung Black theme (thanks to Tacchan23 for getting them to fix this).