Flash rom with parallels on Mac?

Hi, as topic states, has anyone successfully used Parallels to flash their O2 on a Mac?

I've successful flash secany rom on macbook running boot camp windows vista x64 with virtual machine windows xp using vmware. I've tried running vmware fusion on snow leopard with virtual machine xp but octan did not dectect my omnia.

I've successful flash secany rom on macbook running boot camp windows vista x64 with virtual machine windows xp using vmware. I've tried running vmware fusion on snow leopard with virtual machine xp but octan did not dectect my omnia.

Heh, I always wince at the idea of someone flashing their phone from a Virtual Machine on their computer. I know several users on this forum have done it successfully using VMWare Workstation on Windows 7 etc, but the sheer thought of doing it gives me the chills.

In real-life, I manage enterprise VM installations, using ESX Server and Hyper-V etc, and just knowing how complex these VM's are, with the additional layers, device drivers etc, there is just so much more that can go wrong compared to flashing directly from a standalone physical machine with Windows on the baremetal. Still, I guess if your really willing to take the risk, it is your risk (and money) to bear. I'm fortunate enough to have several spare laptops available for me to dedicate a full laptop to flashing my phone (and funnily enough its called phoneflasher). Good luck to you though.

Heh, I always wince at the idea of someone flashing their phone from a Virtual Machine on their computer. I know several users on this forum have done it successfully using VMWare Workstation on Windows 7 etc, but the sheer thought of doing it gives me the chills.

In real-life, I manage enterprise VM installations, using ESX Server and Hyper-V etc, and just knowing how complex these VM's are, with the additional layers, device drivers etc, there is just so much more that can go wrong compared to flashing directly from a standalone physical machine with Windows on the baremetal. Still, I guess if your really willing to take the risk, it is your risk (and money) to bear. I'm fortunate enough to have several spare laptops available for me to dedicate a full laptop to flashing my phone (and funnily enough its called phoneflasher). Good luck to you though.

I'm not game enough to try yet:) Thanks for all the info