no MMS recieving during sync?

Hey dude.

I just wonder if this problem is normal or happen to my i8000 only.

phone doesn't download mms automatically if phone is connected to computer. and also WIFI is not working at same situation.

so if I want to download mms then i have to disconnect the phone from computer.

does it normal?

anyway I like this phone more and more. I used to use ipod touch as my toy nut not anymore.

Cheers guys

Guest dgmorland
Hey dude.

I just wonder if this problem is normal or happen to my i8000 only.

phone doesn't download mms automatically if phone is connected to computer. and also WIFI is not working at same situation.

so if I want to download mms then i have to disconnect the phone from computer.

does it normal?

anyway I like this phone more and more. I used to use ipod touch as my toy nut not anymore.

Cheers guys

From the ActiveSync help ...

You can browse the Internet on your Windows Mobile-powered device using the network connections on your PC and ActiveSync. ActiveSync supports what is called "desktop pass-through," which when the device uses the desktop computer as a gateway to the network. This feature makes it possible to browse the Internet or to sync directly with Microsoft Exchange over the network while connected to the PC, which can reduce data costs related to wireless network connections. However, if the device is connected to the PC network but is not connected to your wireless service provider's cellular network, you may not receive MMS messages or other wireless service provider services on the phone.

ActiveSync also supports using a data connection over the cellular network while your device is connected to the PC network using USB or Bluetooth. If you use this capability, you can receive wireless service provider services but may be exposing the PC network to external attack. The main reason to use this feature is so that you don't miss any messages while you charge or sync your device.

When both connections are active, ActiveSync will use the PC network for Microsoft Exchange sync.