Disable SMS send successful notification

Guest AndrewTan

Guest AndrewTan

Using Regedit program and goto below registry, change the value from 1 to 0 to disable it.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\setting

SMSForegegroundSend - disable sms/mms successful send notification

SMSDeliveryReport - disable delivery notification

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest AndrewTan
i think just use advance config tools works fine for me. just set enable or disable :D

Advanced config tools cannot disable the message send successful pop up message, it disable but not working unless you are not using samsung default interface SMS/MMS.

Above is purely for user that like and still using Samsung default interfae SMS/MMS program and want to get rid the stupid message send notification.

Using Regedit program and goto below registry, change the value from 1 to 0 to disable it.

Confirmed working with H3 firmware! Awesome! All of the other advice just seemed to stuff up my txt settings. Thanks heaps Andrew!! :P ;) :lol:

Now if anyone knows of a reg tweak that will auto capitalise my letters after a full stop! I remember that an older reg tweak to get rid of the sms pop up message did it, but it also stuffed up all the txt settings :D

Confirmed working with H3 firmware! Awesome! All of the other advice just seemed to stuff up my txt settings. Thanks heaps Andrew!! :P ;) :lol:

Now if anyone knows of a reg tweak that will auto capitalise my letters after a full stop! I remember that an older reg tweak to get rid of the sms pop up message did it, but it also stuffed up all the txt settings :D

No need to do reg editing for that...

Just go to new message then tap on the small white tringle next to the "xt9" on the bottom > Options > go to the third tab "Options" > Tick "Capitalize first letter of Sentence"

No need to do reg editing for that...

Just go to new message then tap on the small white tringle next to the "xt9" on the bottom > Options > go to the third tab "Options" > Tick "Capitalize first letter of Sentence"

Thanks for that!! However, I tried that. Kind of works. Sometimes it predicts a capital letter and sometime it doesn't. Go figure.

Any other ideas?

This method doesn't works on my WM6.5 IJ9, still received the tone when sending sms. Is it because when I sent a sms, the "message sent" appear on the screen?

Guest bluhound

Does not work for me. When sending initial SMS, the notification still pops up and plays the SMS tone.

No notification and sound though when continuing in a SMS threaded conversation.

IJ9 firmware

Nice find. WORKS BRILLIANTLY!! :)

Hi everyone,

i've juz gotten myself a samsung gt-I8000, besides making phone calls and msging, i've totally no idea wat's the rest of the things are. the user manual isn't of any help. i would really appreciate for any advice given...and yes the notification of sms is very irritating, so could anyone let me know wat can i find the regedit???

cheers

ej

Guest unixace
Please help me by posting any new tweaks/FAQ/Guide here and I'll try to keep the thread updated.
  • Disable the skinned apps for email (1) and sms (2) and enable threading message (3) [using tmail.exe]. You will need to change 3 registry entry:

1)
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\DLL

change the value from
emform.dll
to
htmlnote.dll
(in current firmware IJ6 this is already set)

2) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

change the value from
mms.dll
to
htmlnote.dll

3) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from
to

There are a couple of side effects to this though.

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book. (
This could be fixed if you disable T9 and enable the WinMo text prediction, read the Inputing section)

2)
You're not able to MMS.

Above is how to disable the sms notification and sound but have side effect, till now this is the only way for IJ9.

But you still can receive MMS and reply it but unable to compose new MMS.

Confirmed working with H3 firmware! Awesome! All of the other advice just seemed to stuff up my txt settings. Thanks heaps Andrew!! :D :D :D

Now if anyone knows of a reg tweak that will auto capitalise my letters after a full stop! I remember that an older reg tweak to get rid of the sms pop up message did it, but it also stuffed up all the txt settings :)

WTF? :D Now it doesn't work...... After a soft reset, the message comes back. Oddly, the regedits are still at 0, so should be turned off.

Guess I edit my past post - worked for 10 minutes with H3 firmware!!! :D :D :D

did the reg and thought it didn't work but after 2 days, it decided to work??

but working intermittenly. out of 10msgs i would say 8 gets sent without the msg sent notification or alert.

leaving it to see if it gets better. weird..

great job. it works on IJ9