wake up alarm sometimes doesn't work

Hi,

someone experienced similar issues? Alarm clock sometimes doesn't ring on my Omnia (wm6.5 II9 orriginal rom)

I have the alarm clock switched on to wake me up every morning. But it happend on already several days that the clock doesn't ring in the morning.

One thing I recognized is that when I switch on the phone in the morning the clock shows 00:00 for a second until it gets the actual time. I think the clock gets stucked somehow at 0 AM.

I'm using default Samsung Clock and I have switched off Samsung Widgets (using Titanium).

Thanks

Tom

• 1 month later...
Guest hkwildboy
Hi,

someone experienced similar issues? Alarm clock sometimes doesn't ring on my Omnia (wm6.5 II9 orriginal rom)

I have the alarm clock switched on to wake me up every morning. But it happend on already several days that the clock doesn't ring in the morning.

One thing I recognized is that when I switch on the phone in the morning the clock shows 00:00 for a second until it gets the actual time. I think the clock gets stucked somehow at 0 AM.

I'm using default Samsung Clock and I have switched off Samsung Widgets (using Titanium).

Thanks

Tom

I have the problem sometimes as well. I noticed it actually hung if it failed to wake up the machine, (i.e. you have to pull the battery out to reset it before you can power it on manuallly)

Also, i noticed it happend usually after one replace the battery. The few times that happend to me were when i replace the battery with a fully charged one before i sleep, turn it on to make sure it starts up properly. Then turn it back off. And the next day , the scheduled wake-up alarm wouldnt wake up the i8K and then hung.

Edited by hkwildboy

• 4 months later...
Guest vlgligor

I had the same problem with different custom ROMs (latest ones) and it really pisses me off. I even changed the ROM in hope that it'll work, but I still have this issue. And worst, is doing the same with Samsung's tclock, no matter what ringtone I am using. And I am not using S2U2, I use SPB mobile shell.

If I am setting the alarm to ring in few minutes, it will ring (most of the time). But to leave it overnight and expecting it to ring in the morning... it's a lottery!

I am still looking for a solution.

Guest Del1701

I think you'll find it's a ram issue, this has happened to me a few times so what I have done is installed chainfires autoclose app, then every night I clean the ram to make sure it's not going to drop below 50mb when the alarm goes off, then every morning I do a quick reset. So far all's good.

Guest hkwildboy
I think you'll find it's a ram issue, this has happened to me a few times so what I have done is installed chainfires autoclose app, then every night I clean the ram to make sure it's not going to drop below 50mb when the alarm goes off, then every morning I do a quick reset. So far all's good.

When you turn off the phone at night, it will already equal "soft reset". Why would you need to to go through the trouble of cleaning the RAM?

Guest Del1701
When you turn off the phone at night, it will already equal "soft reset". Why would you need to to go through the trouble of cleaning the RAM?

Good point but I never turn my phone off at night, when I did the alarm never worked :P but that was on my original rom that was full of bugs so I never tried it again.