Disable unlock long press

Guest phillim

I had been wondering why my O2 would sometimes be unlocked when I took it out of my pocket. I now realise that a long press on the Lock/Unlock button actually unocks it. How can I disable this behaviour so that any press of the unlock key only presents the unlock screen with its "slide to unlock" bar?

TIA

Mark

I had been wondering why my O2 would sometimes be unlocked when I took it out of my pocket. I now realise that a long press on the Lock/Unlock button actually unocks it. How can I disable this behaviour so that any press of the unlock key only presents the unlock screen with its "slide to unlock" bar?

TIA

Mark

You have to go in general setting >> button >> Wake up and choose any button.

Guest phillim
You have to go in general setting >> button >> Wake up and choose any button.

Thanks for the suggestion but I've tried it and it just makes things worse. Now the phone wakes on any button press. Only the Lock button by-passes the slider on the lock screen though.

Any more ideas?

Mark

Guest tacchan23
Thanks for the suggestion but I've tried it and it just makes things worse. Now the phone wakes on any button press. Only the Lock button by-passes the slider on the lock screen though.

Any more ideas?

Mark

maybe also the WM6.5 lock screen could work (never used it), but S2U2 doesn't unlock if press and hold the unlock button.

I do not appear to have a long press unlock on my phone, what ROM do you have on your Omnia2?

My own experience on IJ1,IJ3,IJ6 & IJ9, If the WiFi is OFF, takes 3-seconds long-press to totally unlock (2-seconds to show the slide lock option) and if the WiFi is ON, it gonna takes about 7-seconds of long-press to unloack and go to home screen (about 5-seconds to give you slide lock option), no exception in any of four ROMs that i have used so far, the WiFi thingy makes it way longer to wake-up/Unlock

Edited by iWiNMo

Guest awarner (MVP)

ahh got it, did not realise how long the long press was. I was only holding it for about three seconds or so, five seconds is quite a long time to hold the button, Ive not had the accidental unlocking myself, but I guess the case I use helps.

Guest phillim
I do not appear to have a long press unlock on my phone, what ROM do you have on your Omnia2?

My O2 has

PDA: II9

CSC: II9

Phone: II6

For me full unlock takes about 2 seconds with WiFi off and 3 seconds with it on. Even using a belt case I still find the phone can be unlocked depending on how the case is positioned (for example) while I'm driving. I did switch from the Windows defauly lock screen to Windows Classic and taht fixes the problem but it would still be nice to understand whi there's a difference.

Thanks

Mark.