even more urgent: password isn't accepted anymore

Another big problem with the Omnia II:

after some work with the phone the GPS wasn't recogniced anymore. After reset to factory-settings ist worked again. 2-3x a week this took too much time so I tried to restore the registry. But now my passwords aren't accepted. In the beginning I had a "complex password", later a simple one. Now I only can input numbers. Now I'm not even able to reset to factory settings.

This is very boring because I have no phone, no camera, no GPS, no music here in my holidays (this was the reason to buy it!) There is no service point here on the island. Wish I kept my old devices...

Is there a way to get the factory settings in this situation?

Guest tacchan23

after some work with the phone the GPS wasn't recogniced anymore. After reset to factory-settings ist worked again. 2-3x a week this took too much time so I tried to restore the registry. But now my passwords aren't accepted. In the beginning I had a "complex password", later a simple one. Now I only can input numbers. Now I'm not even able to reset to factory settings.

This is very boring because I have no phone, no camera, no GPS, no music here in my holidays (this was the reason to buy it!) There is no service point here on the island. Wish I kept my old devices...

I don't really understand what you mean... which passwords are you talking about? the Passwords in the Security settings?

And how is it related to not being able to reset to factory settings? Did you do a Hard Reset?

And what did you try to do with the registry?

Guest unixace

:D why would someone wanna mess up his phone during his holiday?

:) Rules for flashing/Hard resetting your phone!

1.) While on the move! Never flash your rom while you are:- in the train/MRT, Bus, School or "trying to show off pretending to be an IT expert flashing your omina II infront of your friends in Starbucks"

2) Battery 50%! Make sure your device have 100% battery power before doing any flashing"

3) Lighting storm! If your luck is bad you might just get a power down during flashing

4) Backup, backup & b a c k u p! Always do a full back up before messing around with the phone!

5) Never mess with your phone while you are on a hoilday in a no man island!

I don't really understand what you mean... which passwords are you talking about? the Passwords in the Security settings?

And how is it related to not being able to reset to factory settings? Did you do a Hard Reset?

And what did you try to do with the registry?

I mean: the WM-password - the first I have to input before doing anything with the phone, before answering the PIN-question. I did several hard resets but they do not resolve the problem.

Registry: During the tests in the last days I backed up the registry with Total Commander. Before the "crash" I copied it back.

@Unixace & others: Is it possible to flash the phone in this condition? (before I spend hours in downloading and trying...). The actual state: Password screen.

Thanks for your help. Samsung Support doesn't answer... :-(

Guest tacchan23
I mean: the WM-password - the first I have to input before doing anything with the phone, before answering the PIN-question. I did several hard resets but they do not resolve the problem.

@Unixace & others: Is it possible to flash the phone in this condition? (before I spend hours in downloading and trying...). The actual state: Password screen.

What is the problem exactly? even after a Hard Reset you are asked about the WM password when you turn on the phone?

Is your password not accepted?

Do you actually want to be asked for password every time? or you turned it off the option, but still you are asked for password?

What is the problem exactly? even after a Hard Reset you are asked about the WM password when you turn on the phone?

Is your password not accepted?

Do you actually want to be asked for password every time? or you turned it off the option, but still you are asked for password?

YES

YES

I'm not able to change anything! I only want to get access again. Then I will customize again anything. But before that ... see above.

If flashing helps: are there download-places beside Rapidshare? I tried to download but "no capacity"...

Guest tacchan23
YES

YES

I'm not able to change anything! I only want to get access again. Then I will customize again anything. But before that ... see above.

If flashing helps: are there download-places beside Rapidshare? I tried to download but "no capacity"...

Honestly don't know if flashing helps... dunno at which level the WM password is set... I tough a Hard Reset was enough to get rid of the password.

After reading a lot of articles here it seems there are different hard-resets. Finally I tried to push _all_ the buttons including the soft-reset-button and YES. after that there is a choice to reset to factory settings. The worst problem is solved now (wow) but there are still the others... (why does the GPS stop working after a different time, why my old SIM-Card was only accepted until I put in another for 1 day...)

Thanks for pondering about this.