Omnia 2 wakening by itself from sleep!

Guest Qualquer coisa

Guest Qualquer coisa

Hey guys,

Sorry for my crappy english... But i`m having a weird problem! My phone randomly wakes up from sleep mode.

When i click at the side button "off", the phone turns off the screen and lock. But after +/-1 minute, the phone wake up at the lockscreen, just like if pressed the side button to wake it up! After 30s again, it goes back to sleep mode...

I think thats why my battery is lasting a little...

I've flashed using Secany's rom (IJ9, very stable!), just the minimal thing to flash (eBoot is original).

i think this is a problem related to promotional messages that i receive from my Operator. Those messages are not SMS/MMS. I don't know what the name of this service, but they pop-up in a windows just like the built-in program of my operator (i think its a built-in SIM program). i think that when a message comes, the program wakes up the phone, but the "lock screen' program only warns me about SMS/MMS/incoming calls. So the phone wakes-up, "show" the message under the lockscreen, and then come back to sleep mode (timer set to 30s!). In airplane mode i have no problems.

anyone knows how to disable the built in SIM program? In my old HTC i did it in a registry, but i can't remember what key i modified... I was something related to SKT Messages, somethins like this...

Guest Qualquer coisa
Hey guys,

Sorry for my crappy english... But i`m having a weird problem! My phone randomly wakes up from sleep mode.

When i click at the side button "off", the phone turns off the screen and lock. But after +/-1 minute, the phone wake up at the lockscreen, just like if pressed the side button to wake it up! After 30s again, it goes back to sleep mode...

I've flashed using Secany's rom (IJ9, very stable!), just the minimal thing to flash (eBoot is original).

i think this is a problem related to promotional messages that i receive from my Operator. Those messages are not SMS/MMS. I don't know what the name of this service, but they pop-up in a windows just like the built-in program of my operator (i think its a built-in SIM program). i think that when a message comes, the program wakes up the phone, but the "lock screen' program only warns me about SMS/MMS/incoming calls. So the phone wakes-up, "show" the message under the lockscreen, and then come back to sleep mode (timer set to 30s!). In airplane mode i have no problems.

anyone knows how to disable the built in SIM program? In my old HTC i did it in a registry, but i can't remember what key i modified... I was something related to SKT Messages, somethins like this...

I'll try to update the phone firmware. Anyone knows what is the best (stable) phone version? IJ2?

Guest chewanakin
Hey guys,

u must flash eboot to IJ9 i had the same problem before after flashed eboot problem had solved.

Guest Qualquer coisa
u must flash eboot to IJ9 i had the same problem before after flashed eboot problem had solved.

Upgraded both Phone and eBoot. Problem persists, and after the phone upgrade, my phone 'crashed" twice when picking up calls.

My problem really is my Operator promotional messages. I've disabled the lockscreen, and now my phone wake's up at the operator promotional message...

Anyone knows how to ignore them?

Guest unixace

:D {Not sure if this help?)

Go to Messaging -> Menu -> Options -> Receiving -> uncheck Advertisement allowed and information allowed.

I never received any advertisement so not sure is this the way to solve your problem... :)