problems with winmo 6.1

Guest is77gal

I have a omnia II for about a month now and I have been playin with it since then and the following story happened to me 2 days ago. And the story goes like this:

Has it happended to any1 while using widgets preinstaled for them to stop working? or better has any1 had problems with cprog.exe and shortcutwidget.exe.....the situation is like tihs: I had several games and apps istaled on my omnia II, all of them compatible. The omnia that I use comes with one of the first roms, it`s standard winmo 6.1 pro never flashed. After some while and some apps/games installed and unistaled the shortcut widget stoped workin. Did a hard reset and then other programs of winmo and widgets stoped workin(this is just after hard reset). I could`nt even assign a speed dial to a name becouse it gave a crash error....Now out of the bloom it goes great after the second or third hard reset.....so any1 has any opinion or thoughts or info?

Guest is77gal
Hard reset again and update to winmo 6.5

u may call me a wus but since there`s no official update for omnia II for winmo 6.5 and becouse I keep reading about the problems some have with flashing or in generaly with winmo 6.5 after flashing I don`t find to appealing to void my waranty and end up with a possible bugier version of winmo....I`m not a pro user, I`m not crazy about flashing...took me a hole day just get a grasp of what it means and the main hope I had for 6.5, being better ram management and faster operating, seems gone in the wind...so flashing has`nt convinced me yet....anyway the qouestion was if it happened to any`else

Guest tacchan23
u may call me a wus but since there`s no official update for omnia II for winmo 6.5 and becouse I keep reading about the problems some have with flashing or in generaly with winmo 6.5 after flashing I don`t find to appealing to void my waranty and end up with a possible bugier version of winmo....I`m not a pro user, I`m not crazy about flashing...took me a hole day just get a grasp of what it means and the main hope I had for 6.5, being better ram management and faster operating, seems gone in the wind...so flashing has`nt convinced me yet....anyway the qouestion was if it happened to any`else

A little bit offtopic... does flashing one of the Secany (or Sorg's recostructed) ROMs void the warranty? or prevent from upgrading at a official Samsung Service Center?

Guest is77gal

well let`s see it like this...u have a brand new car with waranty and u decide to do a bit of vhitunning and your engine goes cracking on the roads...who do u gues is to blaim...same thing here....in fact today i registered a complain to the firm that sold me the unit and the service guy`s first question was if I instaled any updates to the phone....so i`m more than sure that it voids it....while for an official upgrade i gues that it`s no problem couse samsung took a public promise to freely upgrade to 6.5...so whatever u do with the phone should only concern u

a different question i have: can any1 point me to a program that will allow the user to silence an incoming call like on a nokia phone....a different way than activating etiquete

Guest tacchan23
well let`s see it like this...u have a brand new car with waranty and u decide to do a bit of vhitunning and your engine goes cracking on the roads...who do u gues is to blaim...same thing here....in fact today i registered a complain to the firm that sold me the unit and the service guy`s first question was if I instaled any updates to the phone....so i`m more than sure that it voids it....while for an official upgrade i gues that it`s no problem couse samsung took a public promise to freely upgrade to 6.5...so whatever u do with the phone should only concern u

And how can they recognise if it's a self made upgrade?

Guest tacchan23
a different question i have: can any1 point me to a program that will allow the user to silence an incoming call like on a nokia phone....a different way than activating etiquete

you mean set a rule that ignore/silence any incoming calls? if so, I sugges MagiCall

or you want to manually silence an incoming call?

Guest is77gal
you mean set a rule that ignore/silence any incoming calls? if so, I sugges MagiCall

or you want to manually silence an incoming call?

i mean to manualy choose while someone is calling to silence that call

Guest is77gal

also does any1 know if and form where could i install romanian language on omnia II?...i would like xt9 in romanian couse i got used to writting like that on my prevoious phone