"Tray" icons across the top

Is there any way to remove the "3G" square icon across the top? The space up there is precious, and over-fills fast. Going from right to left, there's the battery icon, the signal icon (which tells me if I'm on 3G or 3G+), then a 3G/3G+ larger square which seems pointless, followed by bluetooth, etc. I'd just like to remove the "square" icon. Is this possible?

Guest rodrigofd
Is there any way to remove the "3G" square icon across the top? The space up there is precious, and over-fills fast. Going from right to left, there's the battery icon, the signal icon (which tells me if I'm on 3G or 3G+), then a 3G/3G+ larger square which seems pointless, followed by bluetooth, etc. I'd just like to remove the "square" icon. Is this possible?

That's true, but why do you actually need it to be removed? Windows automatically hides it if more task icons (wifi, bt) are needed... so you wouldn't gain much ...

Guest tacchan23
Windows automatically hides it if more task icons (wifi, bt) are needed... so you wouldn't gain much ...

Really? is that some setting to have it like that?

For me only the 5+th icons are hidden automatically and just one is shown (if there are more than one), the first 4 icons are always there

That's true, but why do you actually need it to be removed? Windows automatically hides it if more task icons (wifi, bt) are needed... so you wouldn't gain much ...

Because I'm always 1 icon away from hiding the new icons of actual meaning. I have bluetooth on, and if I get a txt msg, it hides that notification inside the "more..." icon. If it hid icons I wasn't interested in accessing, that would be fine. But instead I get to keep the "square" icon which has absolutely no value...and I need to go digging fro my txt msg notification...or bluetooth...or wifi. I'd rather not have an extra icon I could completely do without.