two chips..??

Guest Rothariger

Guest Rothariger

hello...

i guess this question is more os specific than device specific...

i just got a 3g (internet only) chip at work, and i want to know if i could use the 3g of that chip and use my phone chip...

is this possible???

hello...

i guess this question is more os specific than device specific...

i just got a 3g (internet only) chip at work, and i want to know if i could use the 3g of that chip and use my phone chip...

is this possible???

I assume by 'chip' you mean Simcard. Short answer is no. The phone has only one simslot. You can always try a dual-sim card like this: http://www.simore.ch/en/two_sim_cards_in_o...rd_platinum.php. They say its I8000 compatible, but I don't know if how or you would use 'internet-only' simcards or what effect it will have.

Guest Albertri
I assume by 'chip' you mean Simcard. Short answer is no. The phone has only one simslot. You can always try a dual-sim card like this: http://www.simore.ch/en/two_sim_cards_in_o...rd_platinum.php. They say its I8000 compatible, but I don't know if how or you would use 'internet-only' simcards or what effect it will have.

Technically it should work. When you switch to DATA only SIM card you can still use it but on data related things only. Dont ask me the details i am saying in theory it coul work ofcourse you cant make a call using your Data only SIM card but you should be able to surf

Guest Rothariger

yeah but thats the thing...

i mean i dont want to loose the phone capabilities, then i want always have sim 1 active while using sim 2 for data purposes...

Guest rodrigofd

i mean i dont want to loose the phone capabilities, then i want always have sim 1 active while using sim 2 for data purposes...

Eso es imposible Rothariger.... la funcion de usar multiples sims en un telefono GSM, solo te permite tener 1 activo a la vez, para toda la 'radio' del equipo... o sea que no se puede distribuir 'datos' para un sim y 'telefonía/sms' para otro ...

Yo pensé también algo parecido, ya que tengo mi linea principal Movistar, que quiero conservar, pero no levanta 3G, y compré una linea Claro que sí levanta 3G (aunque es pésimo, pero esa es otra historia) ... pero veo poco práctico estar activando y reactivando, cada vez que quiero navegar o hablar...

Guest Albertri

I am not sure if Samsung I8000 could support dual SIM card. Normally phones that allow dual SIM card has a capability to switch between SIM cards automatically. Dunno also if there is a 3rd party dual sim card holder that could do that function. :)