Change contacts app on left softkey on Today (Titanium) screen

Guest dgmorland

Guest dgmorland

By editing this registry entry to point to a replacement contact application, it changes the application that is launched when you press the left softkey on the Today screen (Titanium). This works ok until I soft reset. After reset the default samsung application has overwritten the registry entry :)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\Open = \windows\xxxxxxxxx.exe

Does anyone know a way to permanently change this so it survives a soft reset?

Guest dgmorland

I found a partial solution. I used Resco Registry Editor to export this registry key and save it to my \windows\Startup folder. Now when I soft reset it imports the registry value automatically. The only problem is that it prompts me to accept the import and confirms the import succeeded. It would be nicer if this worked in silent mode so that there was no need to acknowledge at startup. Maybe there is a better way?

Guest dgmorland

looks like that's not going to work either - after using the phone for a while the contacts link has reset to the standard samsung contacts app. something must be causing the registry value to be restored.

Guest rodrigofd
looks like that's not going to work either - after using the phone for a while the contacts link has reset to the standard samsung contacts app. something must be causing the registry value to be restored.

You are doing all wrong dgmorland, the registry key you need is this one:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\CHome\ > Value : 'SK1URL'

If for example, you want to set it to standard windows contact app, set it to:

:MSCONTACTS

Guest dgmorland
You are doing all wrong dgmorland, the registry key you need is this one:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\CHome\ > Value : 'SK1URL'

If for example, you want to set it to standard windows contact app, set it to:

:MSCONTACTS

Thanks for your reply rodrigofd. That key was pointing to \Windows\SECContact.exe. I changed it to point to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Resco Contact Manager\Contacts.lnk but when clicking the left softbutton in Titanium it still launched the Samsung contacts app. Changing the key I described in my first post did actually work but something was causing the key value to be reset to the original one after I used the phone for a while.

I tried doing a soft reset to see if this would make the change take effect. When it restarted, my titanium menu was gone! Just the softbuttons at the bottom were showing along with the Start menu at the top.

I tried clicking the left softbutton to start contacts app and it still ran the Samsung one. I also tried rebooting a couple of times and the Titanium menu wouldnt return. Finally I put back the original value of SK1URL to \Windows\SECContact.exe and restarted and my titanium menu was working again normally. changing this registry key didnt seem to do anything other than break Titanium.

Edited by dgmorland

Guest dgmorland

Ok, I got a solution working now (well let's hope it stays working!). I changed the SK1URL value to :RPMContacts which is the alias for Resco Contact Manager contacts app. This seems to work. Maybe the problem with my dissapearing titanium menu was that it didn't like this key being pointed to a .lnk rather than a .exe file?

Guest tacchan23
Ok, I got a solution working now (well let's hope it stays working!). I changed the SK1URL value to :RPMContacts which is the alias for Resco Contact Manager contacts app. This seems to work. Maybe the problem with my dissapearing titanium menu was that it didn't like this key being pointed to a .lnk rather than a .exe file?

Can't answer your question, but I've always seen RescoContactManager entered in the registry as RPMContacts in evey forums... so I guess there was a reasonXD

Guest rodrigofd

Yes , that was the issue.. you must not point to an exe/lnk file but to an url shortcut from the ones beginning with ':'... there are set somewhere else in the registry ....

• 1 year later...

I have ever faced this problem--titanium disappear. but finally done.

1. off titanium from today

2. put a link to my app into windows

3. change SK1URL to this link

4. turn on titanium.

good luck

Guest bobfrantic
By editing this registry entry to point to a replacement contact application, it changes the application that is launched when you press the left softkey on the Today screen (Titanium). This works ok until I soft reset. After reset the default samsung application has overwritten the registry entry ;)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\Open = \windows\xxxxxxxxx.exe

Does anyone know a way to permanently change this so it survives a soft reset?

Try this program, Keyswop. I use it on my phone and works great:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/30/u...ows-mobile-ppc/