Updating Firmware

Guest erichowe

Guest erichowe

Hi

I saw in the www.samsungmobile.com website the phone software update and tried to update my phone.

My phone is from Sin after uploading the NPS etc. In the final process, the NPS is not able to work as it indicates device is not supported. Of course I selected Country as Sin.

Perhaps I maybe not doing something right. Appreciate advise from the experts.

My phones data is as follows:

I8000XIG1

I8000FAMIG2

I8000XXIGI

Many thanks

Guest lifemaximum
Hi

I saw in the www.samsungmobile.com website the phone software update and tried to update my phone.

My phone is from Sin after uploading the NPS etc. In the final process, the NPS is not able to work as it indicates device is not supported. Of course I selected Country as Sin.

Perhaps I maybe not doing something right. Appreciate advise from the experts.

My phones data is as follows:

I8000XIG1

I8000FAMIG2

I8000XXIGI

Many thanks

Well I tried the same thing , and I am in Malaysia , and using the original firmware that my phone came with , got the same error it said your device is not supported.

kinda funny ya know,why would samsung mobile SG post a firmware upgrade on their website but cannot update our O2 via NPS....and shows phone not supported bla blah thingy.....i think somethings wrong with Samsung now a days....theyre firmwares have a lot bugs/memory leaks/hang ups/errors and such,the O2 phone itself has also a lot of issues,may it be software related or hardware related,they are even so wrong on their User Manuals where as they say that the SOFT RESET button is the phones antena thus spoiling ur antena when soft reseting!!!.....ah yo....getting a bit frustrated with samsung now a days....maybe HTC not so bad and the touch hd2 could be a good alternative option......

cheers Samsung!

Guest erichowe
kinda funny ya know,why would samsung mobile SG post a firmware upgrade on their website but cannot update our O2 via NPS....and shows phone not supported bla blah thingy.....i think somethings wrong with Samsung now a days....theyre firmwares have a lot bugs/memory leaks/hang ups/errors and such,the O2 phone itself has also a lot of issues,may it be software related or hardware related,they are even so wrong on their User Manuals where as they say that the SOFT RESET button is the phones antena thus spoiling ur antena when soft reseting!!!.....ah yo....getting a bit frustrated with samsung now a days....maybe HTC not so bad and the touch hd2 could be a good alternative option......

cheers Samsung!

Hi

I have the same problem too. Soft reset button doesnt work for Omnia 2, so I gave up on it.

As far as HTC goes, well im not too sure abt their products. When the HTC Diamond came out I made a grab for it. Just after only 9 months the phone just suddenly went dead on me.

I sent it back to the vendor and the reply was the phone has short circuited and they even had to good tot to suggest because of a power surge when i was charging the phone caused the short circuit. I told him no such thing as it was in my pocket and suddenly went dead.

I had to insist they try to fix it. So im still awaiting the outcome.

FYI

Also got my O2 from Singapore. Also can't update via NPS. I guess, i will have to flash it myself somewhen to get WM6.5. I wish Samsung would do more for user-support :)