How Can I Make Samsung Alarms Show in SPB Mobile Shell?

As the title says, when I click on my clock in SPB mobile shell it opens up the time page and says "Next Alarm"....."No alarms", not exactly a big issue but in the quest for perfection I like everything just right, so I was hoping someone might know if there is a reg hack or tweak that will let mobile shell know that the samsung alarm is set? :)

Edited by Uboy

Guest tacchan23
As the title says, when I click on my clock in SPB mobile shell it opens up the time page and says "Next Alarm"....."No alarms", not exactly a big issue but in the quest for perfection I like to everything just right, so I was hoping someone might know if there is a reg hack or tweak that will let mobile shell know that the samsung alarm is set? :)

As far as I know, it's not possible.

Thanks tacchan23 for your quick answer but I like to believe nothing is impossible. Maybe SPB will fix it for us in a future build, as I can't imagine samsung will. :)

Guest whiskeybro
As the title says, when I click on my clock in SPB mobile shell it opens up the time page and says "Next Alarm"....."No alarms", not exactly a big issue but in the quest for perfection I like everything just right, so I was hoping someone might know if there is a reg hack or tweak that will let mobile shell know that the samsung alarm is set? :)

You can when you instal the theme from mskip found here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554798

when you ad a new widged select in programs clock then edit the skin into a blanc button and place it over your clock.

Guest tacchan23
You can when you instal the theme from mskip found here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554798

when you ad a new widged select in programs clock then edit the skin into a blanc button and place it over your clock.

I think he wants to display the current alarms in SPB mobile shell, I think he is not looking for a invisible widget to put on top of SPB clock to launch the Samsung clock.

Edited by tacchan23

I think he wants to display the current alarms in SPB mobile shell, I think he is not looking for a invisible widget to put on top of SPB clock to launch the Samsung clock.

That's right but you've got to love mskip :)

may you could use the Invisible Link Widget from mskip to put in mshell

Hi whiskeybro, I use that already, I have 1 invisible link on the left half of the clock which opens up the samsung alarm/time app and another on the right which opens Dave Shaws "TimeSyncTZ" but if I slide down to the pro screen or right to the next lifestyle page where I have a different clock and tap on that I go to the SPB time page where it shows the digital clock/date + 3 time zones and an alarm status panel where it just says "no alarms". When I was using my Diamond I was a hardcore paid up "GAlarm" user, which was easy to fix to get mobile shell to show up coming alarms. I kind of like the samsung alarm app as it is nice and simple to use. It does have some horrible sounds by default though! :)

Thanks tacchan23 for your quick answer but I like to believe nothing is impossible. Maybe SPB will fix it for us in a future build, as I can't imagine samsung will. :)

Nothing is impossible if your willing to put the time and effort in. That is, if your willing to spend time to create a hack for CAB for SPBMS. Of course that takes time and effort as well as a bit of knowledge SPBMS and the Omnia 2 alarms. What tacchan23 is trying to say is that there currently is no known way of doing what you've asked.

So if you really believe nothing is impossible, then create that CAB and share it with the community :D.

Nothing is impossible if your willing to put the time and effort in. That is, if your willing to spend time to create a hack for CAB for SPBMS. Of course that takes time and effort as well as a bit of knowledge SPBMS and the Omnia 2 alarms. What tacchan23 is trying to say is that there currently is no known way of doing what you've asked.

So if you really believe nothing is impossible, then create that CAB and share it with the community :D .

I guess I will be leaving that job to the programmers over at SPB, I assume they want their product to be the best it can be. Still I'd have thought that there would be some reg entries showing the paths of windows alarms that could be edited to lead to the samsung alarms so that mobile shell could pick them up. :)

When you think about it the phrase "nothing is impossible" is kind of stupid and ironic, it makes more sense to say "anything is possible"!

Guest tacchan23
I guess I will be leaving that job to the programmers over at SPB, I assume they want their product to be the best it can be. Still I'd have thought that there would be some reg entries showing the paths of windows alarms that could be edited to lead to the samsung alarms so that mobile shell could pick them up. :)

When you think about it the phrase "nothing is impossible" is kind of stupid and ironic, it makes more sense to say "anything is possible"!

The problem is that it's mostly related to the Samsung side.

If you have a look at the xda forum thread about SPB mobile shell 3.0 (not sure if they updated the info in the 3.5 thread), you'll see that to do what you are looking for the Samsung clock there is actually an option inside the Settings of both G-Alarm and Klaxon.

So I guess if Samsung doesn't introduce a similar option to its clock app there's no chance to have it.