Could EEPROM reinitialisation be the cause of i8000's instability?

Guest emperorben

Guest emperorben

Hey guys, I'm back!

Anyway, loaded K1 rom from secany (thanks again bro!) last week and here are my experiences:

1. Loaded ROM, hard-resetted + perform EEPROM reinitialisation.

The phone keeps hanging without installation of apps. For no reason as well! And phone will hang during the night while charging, resulting in me waking up late (cos i8000 is also my alarm) with a totally flat phone (fully discharged) :)

2. Reloaded ROM and only hard-resetted

All is well! Managed to install a quite a apps and titanium panels.

In both instances, I deleted Auto-Rotation.lnk, LnkMgr.lnk and the screen capture file (for Task Switcher) from the Startup folder. In both instances, I flashed the latest eboot file.

Therefore, I am beginning to wonder if the EEPROM reinitialisation is the cause of system instability that many users are facing with the newer ROMS, i.e. after IJ9. Also, in the case of HTC phones, only hard reset is required after flashing new roms.

What do you think?

Therefore, I am beginning to wonder if the EEPROM reinitialisation is the cause of system instability that many users are facing with the newer ROMS, i.e. after IJ9. Also, in the case of HTC phones, only hard reset is required after flashing new roms.

What do you think?

Personally, have not experienced any problem with going thru this procedure but by not doing so, last time, after flashed to IJ9, deliberately did not perform the Hard reset and EEPROM thingy! Then played around with O2 and had a really hard time to type any text or getting the screen to respond smoothly! Very annoying delay and lag in some default application, story short, I just performed both of them and everything backed to normal since then.

So, I guess what you are experiencing is almost like what other members have been suffering from, since they have upgraded to November ROMs.

I even read somewhere that secany has suggested to perform two “wipe eeprom” in a row without any hard reset, after each flash.

Hey guys, I'm back!

Anyway, loaded K1 rom from secany (thanks again bro!) last week and here are my experiences:

1. Loaded ROM, hard-resetted + perform EEPROM reinitialisation.

The phone keeps hanging without installation of apps. For no reason as well! And phone will hang during the night while charging, resulting in me waking up late (cos i8000 is also my alarm) with a totally flat phone (fully discharged) :)

2. Reloaded ROM and only hard-resetted

All is well! Managed to install a quite a apps and titanium panels.

In both instances, I deleted Auto-Rotation.lnk, LnkMgr.lnk and the screen capture file (for Task Switcher) from the Startup folder. In both instances, I flashed the latest eboot file.

What do you think?

Its the ROM. There are alot of theories about how you can fix the latest ROM's and what the best way of going about getting a stable ROM, but when it comes down to it, there is something innately wrong about the last two ROMs. It's no ones fault, it just needs to be fixed by Samsung, but its all part in parcel with software development. If, on the other hand, Samsung released the ROM to the public as an official ROM, that would be a huge mistake.

I do appreciate that you are throwing out ideas to help the community, but usually the most obvious solution is the correct solution :D

Edited by GeneNZ

Guest sys_error

Flashed a stable 6.5 rom can use until custom rom launch, by the time HD2 launch if still dont have custom rom for Omnia2, then i will switch to HD2 and give my Omnia2 to my wife... see you people flash flash flash not tired meh?

May i know what is the current, newest Offical ROM avaliable to the public, besides J9? Thanks.

IJ9 is the latest 'official' public released ROM. There has been no others. The only unofficial ROM's on this forum are IJC, IJD and IK2, and on all accounts IJD and IK2 have 'issues'. I'm personally on IJC at the moment.