Phone Software Update Working

Guest tomkulaga

Guest tomkulaga
where are you from and where's your phone from? :)

I'm in Australia but the phone is from Singapore.

i uploaded the pic of NPS

post-573439-1258424520_thumb.jpg

Edited by tomkulaga

confirmed. just did mine. mine took 3 hours, slow internet connection. from h4 to j9. country philippines.

Just tried mine, it indicated as device not support.

Got mine in Singapore but flaashed to JC.

Why Samsung is not supporting those that had flased their phone?

Guest monyozt
Just tried mine, it indicated as device not support.

Got mine in Singapore but flaashed to JC.

Why Samsung is not supporting those that had flased their phone?

because JC is newer than J9

Guest jackjack078
I'm in Australia but the phone is from Singapore.

i uploaded the pic of NPS

hey mate, I got exactly same version with yours,

PDA: I8000XXIG6

CSC: I8000FAMIG6

Phone: I8000DXIG6

but when i connected to NPS and tried to update mine, they said my software version already up today. no update necessary.

I dont know if its because when i chose my location when installing the NPS matters? I tried Australia, Singapore, HK... all no luck.

btw, I got mine from Singapore and im in canada.

thanks in advance.

Guest lysiong
nevermind, got my version updated. didnt realize i gotta get the new 1.4 version of NPS in order to update. thanks again

Hi, may I know which country you select for the NPS?

Guest jonggie112
I tried my device not supported, Country Philippines :)

IIRC, my phone language prior to upgrade was set to english (philippines), regional settings english (philippines). downloaded latest NPS, set country to philippines. upon connecting my o2, notification alarmed and said upgrade available. clicked upgrade phone. initially, nps released a bunch of errors where clicking upgrade failed. then my vista laptop recognized the error and suggested if i wanted to run nps in compatibility mode or something. after that, everything worked, managed to download and finally install the upgrade. HTH

Guest firefly2k3

Just wondering why Samsung is providing upgrade to J9 when official JC is already available?

Also the NPS installable filename would suggest that the upgrade would be to IK1!

Is it because JC and IK versions are not stable (yet)?

s***, I can't update my phone, even in campatibility-mode (running on Vista), get some cryptic NPSWMUpdatebinary???-error message after NPS shuts my i8000 down, WTF?!

Edited by ResiFe

IIRC, my phone language prior to upgrade was set to english (philippines), regional settings english (philippines). downloaded latest NPS, set country to philippines. upon connecting my o2, notification alarmed and said upgrade available. clicked upgrade phone. initially, nps released a bunch of errors where clicking upgrade failed. then my vista laptop recognized the error and suggested if i wanted to run nps in compatibility mode or something. after that, everything worked, managed to download and finally install the upgrade. HTH

Is it worth upgrading to the new software update? my present version is PDA I8000XXIH5 CSC I8000FAMIH4 and Phone I8000DXIH2. Cause atm im satisfied with my 6.1 Rom.

Guest lifemaximum
s***, I can't update my phone, even in campatibility-mode (running on Vista), get some cryptic NPSWMUpdatebinary???-error message after NPS shuts my i8000 down, WTF?!

Same happened here , there is something wrong with Vista, it keep crashing the file NPSWUpdatebinary.exe , the good old unreliable windows , if I didn't have windows phone i be on ubuntu now.....

Guest lysiong
Is it worth upgrading to the new software update? my present version is PDA I8000XXIH5 CSC I8000FAMIH4 and Phone I8000DXIH2. Cause atm im satisfied with my 6.1 Rom.

Hi there, can you try to let the NPS detect your phone & see wether it can found new update for your phone? May I know your phone is it from Singapore? thanks in advance.

Edited by lysiong

Same happened here , there is something wrong with Vista, it keep crashing the file NPSWUpdatebinary.exe , the good old unreliable windows , if I didn't have windows phone i be on ubuntu now.....

I think Samsung is to blame here....... :)

Please let me know if NPS-update works on Vista

Hi there, can you try to let the NPS detect your phone & see wether it can found new update for your phone? May I know your phone is it from Singapore? thanks in advance.

Yeah NPS detected the update of my phone, but im reluctant to upgrade cause i like my present 6.1 rom, i bought my phone in the Philippines.

Guest lysiong
Yeah NPS detected the update of my phone, but im reluctant to upgrade cause i like my present 6.1 rom, i bought my phone in the Philippines.

thanks for your info, I will try to flash my phone..

Guest lifemaximum
I think Samsung is to blame here....... :)

Please let me know if NPS-update works on Vista

I am going to try to run NPS using compatibility mode set to windows xp. see if that works.

I have had lots of problems with Vista , windows to blame here.... anyways that is arguable,

How about windows 7 , has anyone done it on windows 7 any problems there??