WLAN-Option "disappears" => SOLVED

Hi @all!

I've bought my Omnia 2 a view weeks ago and overall I'm very happy.

But I cannot solve one thing:

I've flashed my phone with secany's latest ROM i8000NXXIJ9 and tried his other ROM's before.

After flashing, I can turn on WLAN with the Connection Manager (I see phone, bluetooth and wlan).

After a while - i haven't found any activation issue - the wlan-option in the connection manager is no longer available.

I can softreset the phone, turn it on and off - no way. I remeber two times that this option has re-appeard, but I don't know what I've done becaus I use WLAN rarley. And it disappeared again....

If I flash the phone again, it's the same.

WLAN as it should be availabe, because in the System-Tab I see S/W-Version (1.2.3.0), H/W-Version (1.0) and the MAC-Adress.

Has someone any idea and tip for me?

Best regards,

heo

Edited by heo

Guest tropolite

I found that very same issue today. I backtracked with some of the last things I installed, doing a soft reset after each uninstall.

My issue (running WinMo 6.5/IJC) was the SRS WOW HD (in this forum), however I am going to check that by reinstalling it and then rechecking the WIFI connectivity. But immediately after uninstalling the SRSWOW my WIFI came visible and could connect.

EDIT - I regret after testing WIFI connectivity again throughout the night the problem still exits - SRSWOW is not the cause to my problem. Back to the drawing board.

Hope this helps...

Edited by tropolite

Thank you very much for your posts.

I haven't found anything using the search-function.. Sorry.

Removing SK-Tools did it, now I've got WLAN even without a reboot :-) (I did it anyway)

I'm getting angry with this for weeks - and you have the solution within a few hours - thanks a lot!

grettings,

heo

Guest tropolite

SKTools has an option under 'Phone Edition' which is under 'Tune Up', called WLAN 802.11G Support and for some reason I found it was set to 'No'. I set it to 'Yes'.

If you are having trouble with SKTools knocking out Wireless you could check that..? Just a thought. Remember to Soft Reset after the change.

i don't know if it means anything but i noticed that when wifi is working, the setting is on "dhcp"; then when the "wifi" part disappears from "wireless manager" and i go to "network settings"--> "wifi" and try to turn it on, i noticed that the setting has now been changed to "static".

i try to change it, but it says wifi needs to be turned on before it can be done, which of course is no longer possible.

Guest chow9229
SKTools has an option under 'Phone Edition' which is under 'Tune Up', called WLAN 802.11G Support and for some reason I found it was set to 'No'. I set it to 'Yes'.

If you are having trouble with SKTools knocking out Wireless you could check that..? Just a thought. Remember to Soft Reset after the change.

SKTools option should be under 'Network' not the 'Phone Edition'.

Thanks

This should solve the WIFI missing problem.

:)

Thanks

:)

well, that didn't worked for me.

and note to all:

do not update Windows Live or install Marketplace. I figured one of these causes the WiFi to disappear, especially Windows Live.

Go get WifiProfiles.

Create a new profile

DHCP:YES

Net Adapter: SWLDM201

Enable wifi: Yes

Apply the created profile and your wifi should be back.

lovely, this workaround works perfectly. thanks!!!

Edited by zm.

Guest mounir2111
Go get WifiProfiles.

Create a new profile

1000 Million Thanks

You are the best

finally a solution!Thank you very very much!Thanks

Edited by mounir2111

Guest PCSPhone
you can just use this regtweak to enable wi-fi

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Hardware]

"Wifi"=dword:00000005

Oops! This only bring back the WIFI panel. I can't connect to any access point.

Edited by PCSPhone

Guest tropolite

Thanks

:D

Thanks chow9229 for clarifying that... ;)

To follow on for those having problems with WiFi and who believe it is SKTools affecting it, I've been in contact with SKTools support over the last week.

Two points to bring out; modifying the setting under 'Tune Up' > 'System Tweaks' (I have it right this time chow :( ) change the 'Delay between run application from Windows...' from '5' to '70'.

This got rid of 90% of the problem when soft resetting and attempting to turn WiFi on but the WiFi settings had dissappeared.

Since then I've updated the ROM from IJC to IK5 version (thanx to Secany's hard work), and have been cautious in what I've installed. I've experienced no WiFi issues since with SKTools (latest version installed).

I hope this is helpful for some.

Cheers

Thanks chow9229 for clarifying that... :(

To follow on for those having problems with WiFi and who believe it is SKTools affecting it, I've been in contact with SKTools support over the last week.

Two points to bring out; modifying the setting under 'Tune Up' > 'System Tweaks' (I have it right this time chow :D ) change the 'Delay between run application from Windows...' from '5' to '70'.

This got rid of 90% of the problem when soft resetting and attempting to turn WiFi on but the WiFi settings had dissappeared.

Since then I've updated the ROM from IJC to IK5 version (thanx to Secany's hard work), and have been cautious in what I've installed. I've experienced no WiFi issues since with SKTools (latest version installed).

I hope this is helpful for some.

Cheers

sounds like a speed and load clash to me which was exactly my thought before but didn't know how to get the workaround.

thanks for clarifying! ;)

Guest tropolite
sounds like a speed and load clash to me which was exactly my thought before but didn't know how to get the workaround.

thanks for clarifying! :D

Helped for me zm - hope it's helpful for you. As I suggest though, IK5 ROM has no issue that I've experienced so far with WiFi.

Cheers

Guest silvos3189
Go get WifiProfiles.

Create a new profile

I tried this... and yes it makes that wifi connecting thing appear back, but I still can't get it to connect to any connections. Is there any other fix?

I've also tried the sktools fix from like 2 posts above but that doesn't work either. And i'm using IK5 rom.

Guest PCSPhone
I tried this... and yes it makes that wifi connecting thing appear back, but I still can't get it to connect to any connections. Is there any other fix?

I've also tried the sktools fix from like 2 posts above but that doesn't work either. And i'm using IK5 rom.

Does your WIFI work if you factory reset your phone (hard reset)?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redzone321
yea works

I have encountered the disappearing wifi bug and for me i loose wifi when i plug my phone into my pc via active sync. if i unplug my phone and reboot it wifi comes back.

so maybe the problem has to do with advanced network functionality?

can anyone who has the bug try and repeat what i did to fix the issue?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest enderkaptan
I have encountered the disappearing wifi bug and for me i loose wifi when i plug my phone into my pc via active sync. if i unplug my phone and reboot it wifi comes back.

so maybe the problem has to do with advanced network functionality?

can anyone who has the bug try and repeat what i did to fix the issue?

yeah i think you might right. i use original csc and phone which are i8000turik3/ i8000xxık3 and pda rodrigofd's ultra lite ik5 part. removing battery for 2-3 sec. is always successful for me. uninstalling sktoolls doesnt change anyrhing at all for me. i hope to find a solution soon. sometimes it gets embrassing to remove battery in front of friends. o2 deserves better ;)

I have experienced the same. After plugging to computer (via activesync, advanced option enabled), wifi option may disappear (afa i remember not always).

For me, a softreset always works ;)

• 3 months later...
Guest surgex

Thanks

;)

Yup, thanks a million.

Although the wifiprofiles thing solves this, it's such a pain in the ass to run it _every_single_time_ you soft reset.

Using SKTools and setting the option "Establish Connection" to yes fixes this permanently.