restore SMS from PC to GT-i8000u file

Hi, I'm from Italy and I have a Omnia I-8000 from Singapore. I did a backup of my data before upgrading to wm 6.5, but that .wbu file exceeded 400 MB (i don't know why)...the most important of this file was my SMS!, that I already passed on my PC via NPS- SMS management. The matter is that from NPS - backup & restore - i can't manage restore my backup file because it says I don't have enough memory (but I also did a hard reset!!!)...so I'm going crazy trying to restore in anyway my SMS from PC to my i8000! I also saved the SMS as .sme and .smf files...but I don't know how to do...thanks!!!!

Hi, I'm from Italy and I have a Omnia I-8000 from Singapore. I did a backup of my data before upgrading to wm 6.5, but that .wbu file exceeded 400 MB (i don't know why)...the most important of this file was my SMS!, that I already passed on my PC via NPS- SMS management. The matter is that from NPS - backup & restore - i can't manage restore my backup file because it says I don't have enough memory (but I also did a hard reset!!!)...so I'm going crazy trying to restore in anyway my SMS from PC to my i8000! I also saved the SMS as .sme and .smf files...but I don't know how to do...thanks!!!!

..has anybody read the message?anything unclear?

Guest paeaeppae

I've got this same problem! No matter what I do or delete on my phone, it never has enough has enough memory to run it.

I only want to select certain things - not the whole lot.

Has anyone responded to you?

Guest skoda60
No, nobody. I'll send an email to samsung to verify if there's some solution. So angry to read old sms on my pc and not on my phone!!

I can' assist you on this. But sugest you used ppcPIMbackup. I have no problem on restoring back.

I can' assist you on this. But sugest you used ppcPIMbackup. I have no problem on restoring back.

I downloaded the application ppcPIMbackup but it doesn't read .sme or .nef files...no way.other ideas?

• 3 months later...
Guest Dragonfly2
I downloaded the application ppcPIMbackup but it doesn't read .sme or .nef files...no way.other ideas?

hi any solution for this problem?

Actually i did email Samsung to reflect this problem and the feedback from Samsung is "We are unable to move the SMS from PC to Phone via Samsung PC studio" - A reply without solution. Very disappointed with the Samsung service and support....

Guest claudx

definitely....it's a big deal with this phone, which satisfies me quite at all but...i think next time i should use ppCbackup. it's the only way not to lose our sms! and i ask...why ot create Kies if neither this program can upload sms? and how it's possible one can trasfer sms in one way (phone - pc) and not reverse? whaa!

Guest Dragonfly2
some prblem over here, but not only my contacts are in the backup file, but also my pictures!!!

regards,

Arkadas

erm.. i'm better...just SMS cant be restored back... Now trying to look for .nef to.txt converter... maybe there is a chance to restore back using other tools which support .txt. I think this is a failure of NPS that make us trouble...I'm sure my next phone will not be Samsung anymore.. :)

Guest Arkadas

Mailed them (samsung benelux).

Got a mail back: please contact toll number

So i did today......

Helpdesk said, you mast have done your're backup wrongly.......

I said, nope i made it via your software, you now just push nex next and wala a back file of 400 MB.

Did a factoryreset of my omnia II and tryed to restore

Helpdesk said, your're phone has no memory space left, delete files...

Nope, after the factoryrest the phone is clean....

Had to push hard to get a ticket logged, They said they will call me back on monday.

Edited by Arkadas

Guest Arkadas

Solved for me!

The PC studio version 1.4.0IK1 was the problem for me! Strangly this version says that I have the lastest version there are no updates.

As stupid as I am, I thought maybe there is a new version though! And yes there was!

I downloaded the 1.4.0.IL2 version from the samsung website!

Installed this on another PC, just to test and see if it works and yes I was able to restore my backup again.

An upgrade wil probably work to, just didn't test it yet.

Regards,

Arkadas

Guest Dragonfly2

Haizzz after install the NPS 1.4.0.IL2 version, still cannot restore My SMS.nef file to the phone..... Please Help!!!

Why Why Why it only allow to move the SMS to PC but not restore back to phone?????

Any Samsung representative here? Can help??

Guest claudx
Haizzz after install the NPS 1.4.0.IL2 version, still cannot restore My SMS.nef file to the phone..... Please Help!!!

Why Why Why it only allow to move the SMS to PC but not restore back to phone?????

Any Samsung representative here? Can help??

The same for me. Last NPS version and no way.