Fix tomtom without GPS proxy (choosing integrated GPS in TomTom)

Guest azza6
please larrywww could you post a smart guide for GPSMod driver?i never manage to make it work with my omnia i8000!

Dude it was really easy. Just install the .cab and go into your gps software and change its settings to the ones the cab tells you to ;)

• 3 months later...
Guest nalpt

Hi,

I'm using TT7.450 and PDA I8000NXXIJ9; CSC XSOIJ2; phone: DXIJ1.

With my omnia, I used TT7 with gps gate. Didn't try to hard not to. With O2, I got a fix after 5-10 min, without changing anything from hard reset but the program port to com4. After checking the *#1472365# settings, they were as suggested. This was yesterday.

Today I changed back to default com7 and increased the buffer settings as per first post (tks swiftgs):

HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/GPS Intermediate driver/Drivers/samsung GPS Hardware

change inputbuffersize and outputbuffersize both to 8192, and baud rate to 9600.

Using the NMEA receiver, instead of internal, I was surprised to get a fix after under a minute, repeatedly throughout the day. So, it seems to be working fine without anything else. As for Igo my way 8.3, it was fabulous on my omnia, and after reading several threads here, I still cant get it running on O2.

• 2 months later...
Guest Crazyhorsemad
first i've set the baudrate to 9600 in setting (still let windows control the device)

I was wondering why HTC was working with integrated GPS and Samsung don't, My simple guess is it is because HTC uses port4, and not port 7. So the next step is changing the programport to port 4 in the GPS settings!! (not the hardwareport)

When everything configured for port 4 run tomtom and choose the integrated GPS receiver...

This worked on my B7300 Omnia Lite running Tomtom 7.916.9189 and like yourself other gps software works fine.

Cheers. :P

change this value only and all work fine

HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/GPS Intermediate driver/Drivers/samsung GPS Hardware

SleepOnNoData to 0

Edited by sebich

• 5 weeks later...
Guest nitrozen
Finally after many hours of work i got my GPS running with tomtom without running GPS proxy and with choosing the integrated GPS receiver :P

Running WM6.5 rom ver: I8000NXXIJC

Running TomTom ver: 7.916 9189

first i've set the baudrate to 9600 in setting (still let windows control the device)

I was wondering why HTC was working with integrated GPS and Samsung don't, My simple guess is it is because HTC uses port4, and not port 7. So the next step is changing the programport to port 4 in the GPS settings!! (not the hardwareport)

thx for the tip, it solved my problem to

had installed twu2's rom on the O2 and couldnt get a sat lock, thought there might have been some cab's missing for the GPS to work

changed the first 2 settings you suggested, and wham bam instant sat lock and tomtom picks my exact position in the street.

big thanks for posting the tip !

being new to the O2 and tomtom in general, does the GPS get its data still partially over my web/data access of my provider, or is it now 100% directly from the GPS hardware in the phone reading the satellite info ? if it normally still uses some data over the web/data internet access of the phone provider, is there a way to run the GPS completely without that ? (i like blocking data access on the phone at the moment since i am trying to control/monitor my data use till i figure out how it works, trying to prevent some unexpected big bills)

Guest xtremezz

Kudos to you guys for making it work. I'm new to Omnia II so I've had to do quite some reading to catch up.

I have tried both COM7 and Other NMEA and COM4 and Internal GPS. Neither is working: I have the GPS searching, but after 15 minutes still nothing.

With other NMEA, do you guys use 4800 or 9600?

Edit: never mind, it just needed a bit longer to find the signal. Thx for the tips!

Edited by xtremezz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Isascaboy89

I'm trying it now...

I've first set the baud of port com4 to 9600 going to setting--gps

Then in setting--gps--programm--i've selected the port com4

The i've editetd the registry like said on the first post.

After alli've launched the tom tom and chosen the internal gps receiver..

It's the procedure right?

Edit: No, the procedure didn't worked for me...maybe because i've a megalite rom cooked by daskalos?

Edit 2: I've tried again this evening and for the first trip the fix was allmost immediate, for the comeback trip there was no fix...So i guess it works cause i've used it in the first trip

Edited by Isascaboy89