Disabling GT I8000 Omnia II Touch WizInterface

Could someone help me to disable the Omnia II TocuhWiz Interface, I want to use standard WM 6.5 Skins on Phone Dialer, EMail, Text Messages and Contacts, I dont like the way that Samsung Omnia II interface displays the information. I have red some post about chainging register to Disable some skinned apps, but there are some problems with MMS, Video Call. I think it would be better to install a ROM without any Samsung Skin or an HTC HD2 ROM made for Ominia II.

I prefer to use Spb Mobile Shell 3.5 than Omnia II TocuhWiz Interface

Does someone know a ROM for a Samsung Omnia II with the Original WM 6.5 Skin Applications not Samsung Applications?

Thanks everybody

Guest Wissam Al Adany
Could someone help me to disable the Omnia II TocuhWiz Interface, I want to use standard WM 6.5 Skins on Phone Dialer, EMail, Text Messages and Contacts, I dont like the way that Samsung Omnia II interface displays the information. I have red some post about chainging register to Disable some skinned apps, but there are some problems with MMS, Video Call. I think it would be better to install a ROM without any Samsung Skin or an HTC HD2 ROM made for Ominia II.

Does someone know a ROM for a Samsung Omnia II with the Original WM 6.5 Skin Applications not Samsung Applications?

Thanks everybody

Hello,

In 6.5 there is no option to Switch off the TouchWiz, like in 6.1. you have only the option to disable samsung widgets....u can simply do it by unchecking the samsung widget from the "Items on Today".

I would suggest that you read first http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...d-programs-faq/

It will give you some ideas about 6.5 tweaks...

thanks

Thanks everybody

If I understand you correctly, you are planing to get rid of "Samsung WidgetPlus" interface and replace it with "Windows Default" ?

omnia2_05.jpg----> today.jpg

Right?

If yes, Simply go to following direction; Start> Settings> Display and Light> Items on Today> then remove the checkbox of "Samsung WidgetPlus" in order to select the "Windows Default" option. That's it. I hope I've addressed your concern correctly :D

Note: Image grabbed randomly from the NET

Thanks for your replay, yes one step is disable "Samsung WidgetPlus", to Work with "Windows Default" but the next step is to disable or remove the Samsung applications like Phone Dialer, MMS, SMS and EMAIL.

How can I remove or disable all Samsung Applications and work with Windows Mobile 6.5 Applications as they were made ?

How can I change the

I have made some Register Changes, like:

1. Disabling the Samsung dialer, changing the Register HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\Enabled from 1 to 0

This Register change Disable VIDEO CALL and MMS

2. Disabling SMS/Email skinned apps for email and sms and enable threading message.

1) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\DLL

change the value from emform.dll to htmlnote.dll (in current firmware IJ6 this is already set)

2) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

change the value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

3) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from 1 to 0

This Register Change Disable

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book.

2) You're not able to MMS.

Thanks

Andres

Guest skoda60

If on wm6.5. No need to think about installing spb mobile shell and S2u2 etc. It already lag of RAM. If you like the old window style and SPB mobile shell. Used wm6.1 IH5.

I had installed about 22 program in the Phone: GMXT, beelineGPS, s2u2, spb mobile shell, pocket e-sword...etc. all the program worked very well. I had tried IJ9, IK5 IH3, IH9 and settled to IH5 ROM. Under WM6.5 the same program I install, The free RAM was about 55+mb and my Omnia2 became a single task machine.

Yet another big problem was when RAM reached below 50mB, It started to closing down background program. After running and closing down the program, Checked the memory will well reduce, it may be just left at 50+MB. Only can get it back by soft reset. Big problem on Omnia2 on both wm6.1 and 6.5. Hope Samsung to rectify it soon.

See my attacted picture:

post-433401-1259571819_thumb.jpg

post-433401-1259571955_thumb.jpg

post-433401-1259571988_thumb.jpg

Edited by skoda60

• 3 months later...
Guest suture
I have made some Register Changes, like:

1. Disabling the Samsung dialer, changing the Register HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\Enabled from 1 to 0

This Register change Disable VIDEO CALL and MMS

Well i noticed something, when i disable the samsung dialer, directly from registry or using Spam alert option, the phone takes 2-3 more secs to receive a call.

That results in one annoying situation, if someone gives me a short call, 1 ring call (dunno how u guys name that) that call comes with the delay mentioned and ofc the caller already hang up, but the phone doesnt recgonize the number.

This happens when i disable the samsung dialer, regardless if i use a third party phone dialer/incoming call screen program or not

if i have both dialers running, Spam alert and samsung for example, it works fine but it uses alot of memory.. and that sucks.. :\

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pl@cebo

Hi...

I have Omnia 2 (win mobile 6.5 + SPB Shel3.5)....

When someone calls me, I dont see callers name, just number (its like Samsung is over ruling the contact manager of the SPB shell)...when I call out, from SPB shell contact list, everything is just fine.

And, also...when I press Call button, it opens Samsungs call log and not SPB shell`s.

What can I do!?

Thank you....

Guest msra6la2
If on wm6.5. No need to think about installing spb mobile shell and S2u2 etc. It already lag of RAM. If you like the old window style and SPB mobile shell. Used wm6.1 IH5.

I had installed about 22 program in the Phone: GMXT, beelineGPS, s2u2, spb mobile shell, pocket e-sword...etc. all the program worked very well. I had tried IJ9, IK5 IH3, IH9 and settled to IH5 ROM. Under WM6.5 the same program I install, The free RAM was about 55+mb and my Omnia2 became a single task machine.

Yet another big problem was when RAM reached below 50mB, It started to closing down background program. After running and closing down the program, Checked the memory will well reduce, it may be just left at 50+MB. Only can get it back by soft reset. Big problem on Omnia2 on both wm6.1 and 6.5. Hope Samsung to rectify it soon.

See my attacted picture:

hmmm? your phone starts auto-closing after RAM drops below 50? Mine doesn't start auto-closing til RAM drops below 30 (ok now it doesn't start auto-closing til 15mb because I have installed Chainfire ultra auto-close patch). I find 66mb start-up free RAM (with touchwiz and widget-plus enabled, 62mb after S2U2 with Samsung lockscreen mod enabled) to be plentiful.

PS I am not a heavy multi tasker, and I have the x button enabled. I previously used KSTAN WM6.5.3 NXXJB1, NXXJA5 full and lite roms and HZHIL2 WM6.5 stock rom) and now I am using HZHJC2 WM6.5 stock rom.