09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dac_kufer
dac_kufer, you installed the December patch, have you done the December update?

P

just the custom ROM it's OK but with december update reboot evry time

Only with you'r ROM :Model number is Modaco custom rom u8230 edition 1.1,REBOOT REQUIRED i don't know what that meen you said that this is 1.0 version

Guest Casper-vH

Hello. Im a total noob, and I think I just bricked my phone. Can someone help me? It is stuck in a reboot loop

I instaaled dec patch

Then installed amonra rec 1.5.2

After that I installed superboot 1.1

After that it has been rebooting!

Please help!

Guest stupidm4n

working great with December update so far

saying telefonica o2 uk limited instead of just o2 uk

MoDaCo Custom ROM U8230 Edition 1.1

Edited by stupidm4n

Guest Casper-vH
Casper-vH - what are you trying to do? Did you actually read the first post?

P

I did.

But didnt Understand all the steps. Then I did things wrong. Now Id just like to now how to get my phone to life again ;)

Guest Casper-vH
Re-read the first post. Check whether you need the 'December update' patch, then work through the install steps as appropriate.

P

Im sorry for bothering. But how can I do anything. When I turn it on. It shows the Tmobile and Android boot screen. Then it starts loading T Mobile. And it thinks and reboots. How can I install patch or do anything?

Again sorry for being stupid

- Boot the recovery image (downloaded from the first post) by doing 'fastboot-windows boot recovery-RA-pulse-v1.5.2.img'

- Wipe

- Apply the update zip for ONLY the 1.1 ROM (I assume that's what you're trying to apply since you're in this thread)

- Reboot

I'm assuming you don't have the December update.

I don't think you're stupid as you've already installed a bunch of stuff, I think you're just not trying hard enough. ;)

P

Guest Casper-vH

Thanks

It almost worked

It says it cant find adbwinapi.dll (as an error of fastboot.exe)

It is in system32 though

NVM solved it ;)

tx!

Edited by Casper-vH

Guest Casper-vH

Awesome ;)

It worked

The only problem I had was Google Maps. It errorred. I uninstalled it, assuming it would pop up in market. It didnt. Where can I find it?

Awesome ROM

Guest jonathonf
I uninstalled it, assuming it would pop up in market. It didnt. Where can I find it?
It's not in the market for 1.5 (it is for 1.6 and above). However, if you install Google's "My Maps Editor", Google Maps reappears as if by magic!

Guest meegaha

Hello, I'm running the current build of the U8230 Vanilla Cupcake Style ROM (v1.1). All is well with the install and my phone is running better than ever.

My problem is, I'm trying to buy/install Copilot Live (the UK+IRE version which is about £25) but I cannot find it in the market. When I do a search for it, all I can find is the US ($19.99), European (£50.43) and Australian (£44.99) versions but not the UK+IRE specific version.

I've tried just about everything google recommends from restarting, reinstalling to wiping, etc. but nothing seems to work.

Before trying this ROM (original T-mobile ROM) the UK+IRE version of Copilot was available as I almost bought it then.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Any idea's how to fix this?

Guest Downloaderz

Im suddenly not able to download any apps from the market. Keeps telling me the downloads are unsuccessful. I've already tried repairing the partition countless of times but it's still not working. However, installing .apks from appinstaller works fine. Is the market experiencing any problems at the moment, or is it my partition (ext3)?

Guest Nikki Locke
Hello, I'm running the current build of the U8230 Vanilla Cupcake Style ROM (v1.1). All is well with the install and my phone is running better than ever.

My problem is, I'm trying to buy/install Copilot Live (the UK+IRE version which is about £25) but I cannot find it in the market. When I do a search for it, all I can find is the US ($19.99), European (£50.43) and Australian (£44.99) versions but not the UK+IRE specific version.

I've tried just about everything google recommends from restarting, reinstalling to wiping, etc. but nothing seems to work.

Before trying this ROM (original T-mobile ROM) the UK+IRE version of Copilot was available as I almost bought it then.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Any idea's how to fix this?

Did you buy your phone in Eire?

I wonder if the region code in /system/build.prop would affect this?

In the U8230 ROM I installed a couple of weeks ago the /system/build.prop had this in it:

<BR>ro.product.locale.language=fr<BR>ro.product.locale.region=FR<BR>

I changed mine to en and GB respectively (I used ES File Explorer, which has a button to make the system partition read-write, and a built-in text editor).

I wonder what would happen if you changed your region to IE (and then rebooted)?

Nikki

Guest Nikki Locke

In the U8230 ROM I installed a couple of weeks ago the /system/build.prop had this in it:

I changed mine to en and GB respectively (I used ES File Explorer, which has a button to make the system partition read-write, and a built-in text editor).

I wonder what would happen if you changed your region to IE (and then rebooted)?

Nikki

I don't know where those BR came from.

Nikki

Nice one Nick and good find with the app as well!

Guest smudgeroo

I also had the issue of not being able to buy the UK version of CoPilot. I can confirm that editing build.prop with 'en' and 'GB' instead of 'fr' and 'FR' have solved this.

Thanks Nikki!

Edited by smudgeroo

Guest meegaha

Nikki

Great stuff, I changed it to 'en' and 'GB' and it worked like a charm! Downloading as I type.

Thanks!

Guest kayahah

Im stuck in my progress in being able to switch keyboard, ever since i switched from touchpal to android keyboard i cant switch back since Input method dont do anything. Any ideas on how to do this? I really prefered the touchpal one over the android keyboard :/ And i just dont wanna have to wipe it again. or if there is any good backup app that can backup my settings and apps.

Guest meegaha
Im suddenly not able to download any apps from the market. Keeps telling me the downloads are unsuccessful. I've already tried repairing the partition countless of times but it's still not working. However, installing .apks from appinstaller works fine. Is the market experiencing any problems at the moment, or is it my partition (ext3)?

Hello, did you manage to fix this problem? I'm having the same thing happen to me. Tried reinstalling the ROM, fixing the partition/permissions, rebooting, etc. Nothing seems to work it just keeps saying Installation Unsuccessful.

EDIT: I've managed to get it working. Did a sd card ext fs repair (not an uid fix) and I think that did it. Not really sure though as I'm sure I tried it before and it didn't work before.

Edited by meegaha

HI, can anyone help me, im trying to update to this custom rom but when i click the Apply sdcard:update.zip, i keep getting the error that there is no such file or directory. I copied the file from my pc to the phone but keep getting this error.

Anyone help?

Guest jonathonf
(I used ES File Explorer, which has a button to make the system partition read-write, and a built-in text editor).
Just FYI, if anyone wants to go the hardcore route you can use a terminal app to:

$ su

# mount -o remount,rw /

# vi /system/build.prop

Your way is probably easier though!

i cant switch back since Input method dont do anything. Any ideas on how to do this?
Find a text entry field (e.g. SMS or Note). Press and hold to bring up Choose Input. Pick Touchpal.

is this Rom compatible with my HTC Hero from Hong Kong?
It's not compatible with /any/ HTC phone.

HI, can anyone help me, im trying to update to this custom rom but when i click the Apply sdcard:update.zip, i keep getting the error that there is no such file or directory. I copied the file from my pc to the phone but keep getting this error

Anyone help?

The file is most likely not called "update.zip"; either use update:choose .zip or rename the .zip file to update.zip.

Guest Downloaderz
Hello, did you manage to fix this problem? I'm having the same thing happen to me. Tried reinstalling the ROM, fixing the partition/permissions, rebooting, etc. Nothing seems to work it just keeps saying Installation Unsuccessful.

EDIT: I've managed to get it working. Did a sd card ext fs repair (not an uid fix) and I think that did it. Not really sure though as I'm sure I tried it before and it didn't work before.

Nope, it's still not working for me. just waiting for the new kernel update so that i can flash with a new rom.